Rate Dr. Nitin Mishra

Dr. Nitin Mishra's Ratings

I just had a terrible experience with this doctor. I have been experiencing sever rectal pain for the last week. I went to see him, he couldn't examine me because of pain, sent me to JFK, told me I would be put under to examine me at 5:30 pm. I went into the OR at 10:15 pm (13 hours without food or water). After doing whatever he did while I was under, I woke up in worse pain, I was bleeding, yet he proceeded to tell me nothing was wrong and to take some motrin and fiber. I asked for pain medication because I was shaking from how bad I was hurting and he absolutely refused. The nurse that was assisting me urged me to seek a second opinion. Stay away from him please.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2604274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

I THINK HE IS A FANTASTIC DOCTOR!!! WENT TO HIM WITH A PROBLEM AND HE IMMEDIATELY SUGGESTED SURGERY (WHICH IN THE LONG RUN I'M HAPPY HE DID). APPARENTLY, IF I HAD WAITED, MY PROBLEM WOULD HAVE BECOME ALOT MORE SERIOUS THAN IT ALREADY WAS. HE HAS A WONDERFUL BED-SIDE MANNER, EXPLAINS EVERYTHING TO YOU AND YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER...HAS A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR...AND JUST MAKES YOU FEEL TOTALLY COMFORTABLE IN A VERY AWKWARD SITUATION. ALSO, THE STAFF HERE IS FRIENDLY, COMPETENT AND COMPLETELY WONDERFUL....I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL PRACTICE THAT WAS RECOMMENDED TO ME IN MY TIME OF NEED.....I ICAN ONLY SUGGEST THAT WHEN THINGS GO WRONG WITH YOUR BACKSIDE THAT YOU GIVE THEM A CALL.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2192584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Dr. Mishra is God sent. I was a nervous wreck going to see him (1st time) - I was/am suffering from anal fissures but googled my symptoms and became a mess. He was SO soft spoken, comforting and just took the time to explain things to me and put me at peace. Thank you so much Dr. Mishra!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][38743].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

I went to Dr.Mishra because I was having bleeding in my stool. He performed sigmondscopy and found nothing AND suggested to go for Colonoscopy (because that's how doctors make more money). I went to another Doctor who performed sigmondscopy and found tumor. So this proves that either Dr.Mishra does not know what he is doing OR he wants to make more money by forcing patients to go for colonoscopy. The staff and nurses at ASOCIATED COLON & RECTAL sUERGEONS, 3900 PARK AVE, EDISON. are NOT very helpful. They gave me a hard time in providing me detailed report.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][38742].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2013

I have seen Dr Mishra a few times related to a complicated stoma abcess issue I've been battling. He is very knowledgeable, kind, patient, and comforting. He has done lancings on me, and each time was very concerned with my comfort about the process and pain level. I would recommend him to anyone. The only knock would be timeliness of the appoinments, but i've found that to be the case for most surgeons.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][38741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2013

A Doctor like this does not come often.He takes his time with you and explain everything to you so you can understand what is going on with you.Compassion for what you are going thru and you get the sense that he actually cares about you.He does not force surgery on you instead gives you other options.Great Doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][38740].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2013

What a great doctor! He is compassionate & displays concern for his patients. He gives you all the options rather than forcing you into surgery!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][38739].votes_count ]]