Dr. BEN WALDAU

Grad. Year: 2002

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 15/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. BEN WALDAU has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Where did he go to school at?    Email me    Answer it

Neurosurgeon-related: nervous system, cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, peripheral nerve problems, neurological surgery, brain and spinal cord tumors, skull-base surgery, brachytherapy, aneurysm surgery, epilepsy surgery, neurological surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5553921
11/06/14 1 1 1 1 He didn't do any assessment and he asked me so many questions that were on my doctors note. He clearly did not do his homework. Such a big dissapointment.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 5486947
20/05/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Waldau is a skilled surgeon and as well considers the patient's overall health and condition in treatment and recovery. He treated my husband's very complex aneurysm with a wonderful outcome.
Insurance: HealthFirst
RID: 5343181

13/04/14 3 3 1 1 Dr. Ben Waldau, was a HORRIBLE DOCTOR I have a progressive disorder called Syringomyelia, and he OBVIOUSLY has NO CLUE about it. i needed to be seen asap because my health is getting worse, he was no help at all! he spent more time about doing "surgeries to relieve neck pressure" and intently staring at my breasts than helping me. he had no compassion, no sympathy, and was a complete disappointment. i would never refer someone to have a consultation with dr waldau. EVER! i left the spine center in tears and no answers. worst doctor i have ever seen!!!
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 5323403
02/04/14 5 5 5 5 My local hospital sent me to UCD Davis Med Center in September because of a brain aneurysm. Dr Waldau was my doctor. I can not say enough about him. The care he gave me in the hospital along with explaining everything to my wife and I was phenomenal. I have never had a doctor who has taken so much time to be thorough and go through the options. . My follow up care has been excellent. We had a very close friend who also had a brain aneurysm and had different doctors. Her level of care was no where near the care I received from Dr Waldau. Everyone at the hospital commented on his knowledge and professionalism. I'm very lucky to be alive and I attribute a lot of that to Dr. Waldau.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 5197626
20/02/14 5 4 5 5 I wanted to make a comment in regards to Dr Ben Waldau. I had a 7.9 aneurysm located behind my right eye. I went to see Dr Waldau at the Spine Center affiliated with UCDavis, located in Sacramento. His bed side manner was absolutely wonderful. He gave me some options for me to think about. He never rushed me into surgery, that was my final decision. He explained everything to me. Sometimes twice if I did not understand, Dr Waldau is very patient and also very caring. He understands how women are about there hair and don't want it shaved. He did a hair line incision with me. This procedure took 8 hours. IT was a success in every way.He came to the hospital every day I was there. He wanted to make sure everything was OK. He smiled at me which warmed my heart. My husband was waiting this entire time and Dr Waldau made sure he was informed along the way. If you want a Surgeon who is a genius and will go the extra mile, you need to see Dr Waldau. He is the BEST!Thank You Dr Waldau, Merrilyn
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 3654902
13/01/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Waldau & staff were honest and helpful during diagnosis, pre-op. The surgery was on time and the hospital stay was excellent. During the follow up visit Dr. Waldau showed me the before & after X-rays of the fusion. The end result is I am pain free and recovering nicely! If I had to do over I would pick Dr. Waldau & the UC Davis Spine Clinic. Tony Sica
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 3632850
15/12/13 4 4 3 3 Dr. Waldau spent approximately six minutes with me during my initial appointment at the UC Davis Spine Center. I waited months for the appointment. He entered the room and stated, "You don't need to tell me anything about your back. I have seen your films. You don't get me excited about doing surgery on you." He had not seen my "films" as I had hand carried the MRIs and had them in my hands. Dr. Waldau never asked me one question and conducted no examination. I have exhausted lesser invasive treatments and was hopeful I might receive some intervention for a seriously debilitating and worsening back injury. Instead, I was met with an arrogant and condescending doctor who had no interest in my case. Though I never asked a question regarding pain management, Dr. Waldau oddly stated, "I am not the back pain doctor. People confuse me for that. I AM a neurosurgeon!" He specializes in cerebral and vascular surgeries. Why he conducted my "appointment" is a frustrating mystery.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 2512226
26/12/12 5 5 5 5 I met Dr Ben though the UC Davis Spine Center. I have never received better, more attentive, and professional care from any business I'v been a part of. I was treated like a prince, and Dr Ben came in to see me every day and make sure I was happy and OK. Dr Ben is pretty young, and I was a but worried about it at first......then I Google him and ready about all of the awards and Fellowship grants and recognition he has achieved. I feel really blessed to have had such great treatment. I'm only a few days out of the hospital, and I'm still healing, and I am hoping for full recovery; bottom line is that I felt Ben was honest with me from the get-go, and my hat is off to the staff at UC Davis for taking such great care of me. {Patrick O'Toole}
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 2461041
29/10/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Waldau saved our son's life! Our lives would never have been the same without our son. Dr. Waldau is the best neurosurgeon in our opinion. It's been 8 weeks since his brain aneurysm surgery and he's doing fantastic! We are so grateful for the wonderful care he received at UC Davis in Sacramento CA. Thank you to Ben Waldau, you're the best!!!! OUR HERO!!!  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user