Rate Dr. Ben Waldau

Dr. Ben Waldau's Ratings

Waited almost an hour only to be told that my films "looked normal" and I should probably just change my diet. Months later I had to go to Stanford for treatment as my conditioned worsened tremendously and was told the problem was obvious on my scans.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2625851].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Incredible Dr! He's very conservative in his prognosis where as of he doesn't believe in a better outcome, he won't suggest surgery. Very nice and personable!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

He had no idea what to do with me. It probably would have helped if he had been more through with reviewing my medical history.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2490276].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2014

He didn't do any assessment and he asked me so many questions that were on my doctors note. He clearly did not do his homework. Such a big dissapointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2192635].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Dr. Waldau is a skilled surgeon and as well considers the patient's overall health and condition in treatment and recovery. He treated my husband's very complex aneurysm with a wonderful outcome.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2192636].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

Dr. Ben Waldau, was a HORRIBLE DOCTOR I have a progressive disorder called Syringomyelia, and he OBVIOUSLY has NO CLUE about it. i needed to be seen asap because my health is getting worse, he was no help at all! he spent more time about doing "surgeries to relieve neck pressure" and intently staring at my breasts than helping me. he had no compassion, no sympathy, and was a complete disappointment. i would never refer someone to have a consultation with dr waldau. EVER! i left the spine center in tears and no answers. worst doctor i have ever seen!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2192634].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2014

My local hospital sent me to UCD Davis Med Center in September because of a brain aneurysm. Dr Waldau was my doctor. I can not say enough about him. The care he gave me in the hospital along with explaining everything to my wife and I was phenomenal. I have never had a doctor who has taken so much time to be thorough and go through the options. . My follow up care has been excellent. We had a very close friend who also had a brain aneurysm and had different doctors. Her level of care was no where near the care I received from Dr Waldau. Everyone at the hospital commented on his knowledge and professionalism. I'm very lucky to be alive and I attribute a lot of that to Dr. Waldau.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2192637].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I wanted to make a comment in regards to Dr Ben Waldau. I had a 7.9 aneurysm located behind my right eye. I went to see Dr Waldau at the Spine Center affiliated with UCDavis, located in Sacramento. His bed side manner was absolutely wonderful. He gave me some options for me to think about. He never rushed me into surgery, that was my final decision. He explained everything to me. Sometimes twice if I did not understand, Dr Waldau is very patient and also very caring. He understands how women are about there hair and don't want it shaved. He did a hair line incision with me. This procedure took 8 hours. IT was a success in every way.He came to the hospital every day I was there. He wanted to make sure everything was OK. He smiled at me which warmed my heart. My husband was waiting this entire time and Dr Waldau made sure he was informed along the way. If you want a Surgeon who is a genius and will go the extra mile, you need to see Dr Waldau. He is the BEST!Thank You Dr Waldau, Merrilyn

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][38879].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2014

Dr. Waldau & staff were honest and helpful during diagnosis, pre-op. The surgery was on time and the hospital stay was excellent. During the follow up visit Dr. Waldau showed me the before & after X-rays of the fusion. The end result is I am pain free and recovering nicely! If I had to do over I would pick Dr. Waldau & the UC Davis Spine Clinic. Tony Sica

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][38878].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2014

Dr. Waldau spent approximately six minutes with me during my initial appointment at the UC Davis Spine Center. I waited months for the appointment. He entered the room and stated, "You don't need to tell me anything about your back. I have seen your films. You don't get me excited about doing surgery on you." He had not seen my "films" as I had hand carried the MRIs and had them in my hands. Dr. Waldau never asked me one question and conducted no examination. I have exhausted lesser invasive treatments and was hopeful I might receive some intervention for a seriously debilitating and worsening back injury. Instead, I was met with an arrogant and condescending doctor who had no interest in my case. Though I never asked a question regarding pain management, Dr. Waldau oddly stated, "I am not the back pain doctor. People confuse me for that. I AM a neurosurgeon!" He specializes in cerebral and vascular surgeries. Why he conducted my "appointment" is a frustrating mystery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][38877].votes_count ]]