Rate Dr. Steven J. Hess

Dr. Steven J. Hess's Ratings

Waiting for a check up appt. for over an hour and a half is UNACCEPTABLE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2507930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

have had 2 lower back operations. Both surgeries went well. i am now looking at a operation on my cervical. He may be curt or whatever. I am not there to play games, but to have myself fixed. I don't care if he has a poor bedside manner, just as long he does a good job on my spine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2014

So far, I'm not impressed with Dr. Hess' Overland Park office! I was here ON TIME like they asked and after 45 minutes.. Still not in to see anyone! Wondering if I should leave!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Dr. Hess was very helpful and the sugery went great. Thanks!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2012

I had cervical fusion in March 2011. The staff was very efficient and organized. Dr. Hess does not have the best bed-side manner but he is very competant and skilled. His assistant does most of the patient contact and is very friendly and knowledgable. My neck issue was resolved.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

this was a visit i had been looking forward to.... the problem is it was the kind of doctor's visit i detest. i am in a great deal of pain and all i got was a 4 or 5 minute chat with him before he passed the buck to another physician. he was no help at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2012

The office staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I traveled from Florida to meet with my sisters and mother to attend a consult about back surgery for my mother. She is 78 years old. His personal assistant with extremely helpful and found space to see us. We found Dr. Hess to be very personal and kind. We hit him from all sides with questions and concerns. He took his time and answered everything completely. My mother was told by ladies at her church that Dr. Hess would not do the surgery unless he really thought she needed it. My mother has been diagnosed with spinal stenosis since 2005. Her pain has increasing gotten worse over the years. Dr. Hess has had great results with several of the ladies from my Mother's church. It is hard to believe that the previous patients saw the same doctor. Unfortunately--more people need to comment on the good.thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944041].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2011

HAD CERVICAL NECK SURGERY IN JAN. 07. Spine was a mess from C3 to C7. Dr. Hess did a great job on me and I was very satisfied with his care. I will be having back surgery (my 4th) done by him in Oct. 09. It's a shame that the people who have had good results from this surgeon don't bother to report it here. Like anything else, only the unhappy ones leave a comment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944040].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2009

What a nightmare! Dr. Hess was not interested in seeing me unless I was in pain. I know I am going to have to have neck surgery so my Dr. referred Hess. I had questions about the surgery and the aftercare. He was rude and short, could care less about my questions. He told me to come back when my pain was at 10/10. I will find someone else to do the surgery. Dr. Hess is a barbarian. FYI, tylenol does not help the pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944039].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2009

Had to wait in pain for two months for neck surgery. I have had neck pain ever since the surgery. When I asked what to do about the content pain he said take a tylenol. In other words go away your bothering me. His nurse is also impossible to get ahold of, never returns calls.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944038].votes_count ]]