Rate Dr. Matthew J. Marano

Dr. Matthew J. Marano's Ratings

Dr.Marano does not take the time to explain anything, nor does he answer any questions you ask, either he dosen't know the answer or just wants to get you out as soon as possible. His whole staff is like a production like a production line. In my case I really don't think he knows how to solve my problem. Needless to say I am very upset

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1944082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2013

This doctor routinely keeps patients in the waiting room, as confirmed by his own staff MANY times over, for an hour or more. He "shows up" at the office "around 1:00pm," again as defined by the staff. But they schedule 1:00pm visits for days when he arrives after 1:30. Expect to wait over an hour before being seen by anyone. Various staff will come and go in your exam room; none of them will identify themselves or their role. None of them wear a badge, so it may be a tech, another doctor or the cable guy; you won't know. Dr. Marano may be a skilled surgeon, but if it can't be cured by a knife he's really not interested. His view is entirely surgical. He did not consider nor did he explain the potential issues with my multifocal lens, still not working 12 weeks post-op. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND this doctor or this office.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1944081].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

LOVE THIS DOC:)!!!!! He's now top doc 6 years in a row!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2011

Dr. Marano has been my eye doctor for over 20 years. He has always surgically removed small cysts from the insides of my eyes that wouldn't go away on their own. I have always been seen by him on time and he always made the procedure almost painless. I find him to be an excellent eye doctor and he even wears a cool watch that the eye looks so real and it opens and closes when he moves his wrist (Way Cool)! I have never experienced any long waits and his staff members are very friendly. I wouldn't trust my eyes with anyone else!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2009

Very knowledgeable. Diagnosed my problem when many others couldn't.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944078].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2008

If I could give minus 100 for punctuality I would. My whole family has been going to him for years and not even once, with 8 of us, has he been an hour late...it is always at least 2. Three of us experienced a 4 hour wait. There is no apology. Also, he doesn't come in until way after his first appt is scheduled. The only reason we go back is that he did surgery on some of us, & it was successful. He is now selling botox & i for one am saddened by this, as it is only a money maker. His associate, Dr. Palumbo is not thorough at all, and talks to the nurses about her private life while examining. Wouldn't trust her judgement. Dr. Decker is good, nearly on time, but always about 15-30 mins late. He is not a surgeon, but good for regular checkups and is more caring/less arogant/answers questions with ease,not as rushed as Marano. Tells you if it is better to see Marano himself. For any Eye Surgery-definitely see Marano, but bring a lot of books. He's a good surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944077].votes_count ]]