Rate Dr. James M. Mok

Dr. James M. Mok's Ratings

Dr. Mok saved my life... After two failed back surgeries in Dec 2013 and Feb 2014 done at a NW Indiana hospital by a Merrillville Neurosurgeon, I was unable to walk without a walker or even sit up for more than 10 minutes. The Neurosurgeon offered me a pain pump or a neuro stimulating device to control the pain. My wife is a nurse and insisted on a second opinion and Dr. Mok did a third surgery (a spinal fusion) on April 16 2014. He explained it would be a long recovery (as I had contracted a osteomyelitis of the spine from the two previous surgeries at a NW Indiana hospital). After 6 months I am almost pain free and enjoying life again. He is a caring doctor and I am included in the medical decisions. I would recommend him to anyone who is suffering from any back problem. I was ready to end my life before I met Dr. Mok. Now I am enjoying life again... LIFE is GOOD!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2609076].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Caring, Professional and Knowledgeable. Dr, Mok is thorough and listens carefully and involves his patients in the decision making process. I highly recommend Dr. Mok for any spinal issues you may be experiencing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2192869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr.Mok is amazing. He explains things and listens. He is a partner in my medical care. He is a genius and I know would only suggest the best for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2192870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr. MOK is a rock star in the world of back surgery. He is kind, considerate, patient and extremely good at what he does. He goes to great lengths to explain the patient's condition and the steps he proposes to solve the problem. Most of all, the patient is treated like a person and not a condition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2192871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

Below is the letter to Dr. Mok after a visit. Dear Dr. Mok, I wanted to write to express our great appreciation for your time and attention to my mother yesterday. Our experience with you was superb. Please know we don't give these compliments out to doctors readily! You were patient, listened well, did a thorough clinical examination, explained information in detail, answered questions thoughtfully, reviewed appropriate documentation and shared related literature with us that was relevant to her case and your medical recommendation. It was you -- and you alone -- that initially gave her hope and reason to believe that she could avoid a significant back surgery. We wanted to explore and pursue this option before making a final decision. As such, she came here from NY to see you. We will be forever grateful for your guidance which was instrumental in us realizing that the recommendation for surgery from another doctor is not the best course of action at this time. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][39822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2014

I have been working with numerous doctors over the past few years and Dr. Mok has been the most pleasant with which to work. He and his team is so nice, caring, considerate, prompt and wonderful with followup. My most recent surgery done by Dr. Mok ran smoothly and I felt like he cared about me and my family who was waiting. His bedside manner is wonderful. He's the kindest doctor I've had. I would recommend him to anyone..in fact, I already have. Dr. Mok made my transition to a new hospital and surgeon as good as it could possibly be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][39821].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2014

brilliant mind, great bed side manners, caring, very talented, amazing spine surgeon, great talent, just the right doctor recommend him highly at any time, fixed my really messed up spine

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][39820].votes_count ]]