Rate Dr. Tere L. Coats

Dr. Tere L. Coats's Ratings

I was her patient for about 5 years and saw her once, all other times, I could only see the physician's assistant. If I requested that I want to see the doctor, than I got the run around. Twice they called in the wrong dosage to the pharmacist on a medicine that I had been taking for almost 4 years and I called them to make sure they are increasing the dosage and their answer was, we will correct the dosage and it is no big deal.

Submitted June 3, 2013 | flag

I am looking for a new internist.When I asked her why she didn't do a number of items on a recommended annual physical list I brought in. She told me she only has to "fulfill the state requirements." She never asks about my ongoing medical problems. At my last physical,she forgot to check my breasts.just asked if I had any complaints! I have to ask her to look with the light in my eyes.Seems distracted and bored. Buh-bye Doc.

Submitted March 6, 2012 | flag

I have gone to see Dr. Coats a few times now, and I won't be going back. I was thoroughly unimpressed--with the staff, with her PA, and with her. A couple months ago I was sent for a battery of tests that I didn't need. Then, when I went back for a physical this week, she didn't even examine me--at all. I've got a high white blood cell count, which was detected back in May. I went back to follow up. Some follow up: she didn't ask if I had any pain anywhere, she didn't check to see if I have appendicitis, she didn't ask any questions about my overall health, etc. I waited six weeks for this appointment and then an hour in the waiting room, all so that she could order another blood test. Why she didn't just do that weeks ago without me being required to come in for another appointment is beyond me.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2011 | flag

You have to wait 1 to 2 hours EVERY TIME to be seen. Whether it's Coats or her PA..I've been there a year...I'm going to find a new doctor. Also you never EVER get a callback from the nurse unless you call them 4 or 5 times! Not worth the wait and then you get stuck paying parking fees cos they can't get their schedules correct..Bad customer service!

Submitted Sept. 14, 2009 | flag

I went to Dr. Coats for several years. When I started having dizziness she told me I was diabetic on the basis of a single blood test result. Although she did not recommend it, I bought the equipment so I could monitor my sugar levels carefully. Over a period of several weeks of self testing, my tests never indicated a problem. A friend of mine who is diabetic told me doctors use multiple blood tests to make this diagnosis, not just one. I made another appointment to discuss this with her. She told me she "tells her patients that to scare them"! Scare them!!?? I was shocked she would intentionally mislead me. She never was able to diagnosis my problem, a simple allergy. Her office staff was a nightmare.

Submitted March 30, 2009 | flag

Both husband and I see this MD: excellent PAs also. Keeps current on new medical info and not afraid to refer to specialists if necessary.

Submitted March 13, 2009 | flag

Dr. Coats has been my primary doctor for several years. I have always received very good care. She takes time to explain the diagnoses and treatment. She uses common words to explain but does not talk down to you. She is honest and straightforward with her opinion without being condescending.

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag

One of the most intelligent and compassionate M.D.'s I have known. She is probably the last M.D. of her caliber I will be able to afford to see.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2008 | flag

Their voice mail system is pure hell. They have no after hours number except 911. Why would you dial 911 if you aren't sure it's an emergency and tie up that service? Horrible access to prescription refills.

Submitted Nov. 27, 2008 | flag

It is almost impossible to get anyone to return a call. I received a voice mail telling me my test results were not good to call immediately for a consult with the doctor. I called twice, no one ever returned my calls. Similar thing happened to my husband. Like the doctor, but the support staff is rude and unconcerned.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2008 | flag