Rate Dr. Jenson Mak

Dr. Jenson Mak's Ratings

My elderly mother and I are reviewed by Dr Mak in his rooms at Campsie. He has been competently reviewing us in the past few years: with care and compassion. His knowledge of medicine is second to none. He also thinks 'outside the box'' and often searches on google for any alternative or complementary treatments which I propose work for us. Rather than dismissing those treatments, he would occasionally support a trial of these. Overall I am pleased to recommend to any of my friends and family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2626109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

Dr Mak is a bulk billing, trilingual geriatrician and rehab physician with an interest in bones, joints and the brain. I have been seeing him for quite a few years now for my chronic lower back pain. He has a multimodal approach and in my case has a strong tailored exercise program to maintain my good back. I now play hold three times a week and go swimming. Thanks for getting my back 'back' into shape Dr Mak! Highly Recommended!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2573026].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

I have been seeing him for the past 5 years. 'Thinking outside the square', 'holistic', 'tending to my psychological needs', 'compassionate and empathic' are qualities that makes him stand out compared to other specialists in Sydney and the Central Coast.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2546626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Dr Mak has a holistic approach to the treatment of both my parents who are in the their early 60s. He is meticulous to detail and is up to date with his knowledge. He has published in several areas of bone health, aged care and rehabilitation including vitamin D which has won him several grants, scholarship and awards. His practice is based on his clinical experience backed up by solid evidence base. Well done!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2534088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

He is a true all rounder. A good listener. approachable, knowledgeable and explains complex clinical scenarios in a clear and concise manner. He is also compassionate and empowering.....

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2532710].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Nearing the end of my second attempt to gain justice for my father due to incompetent, neglectful treatment by Jenson Mak. My father went into hospital with a minor compression fracture and came out with a broken neck following a pointless three weeks of non treatment by Mak. Mak did not return phone calls from family. Mak failed to identify a previous misdiagnosis (now acknowledged by all specialists, including the doctor who made the original mistake). Mak was not remotely interested in this elderly patient and did not come anywhere near him - until my husband rang an old school friend who was now Mak's boss. Then he was all over us like a rash. Too late for Dad - Under Mak's 'care' he ended up with a near fatal urinary tract infection, pneumonia and a broken neck.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2193092].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

One of my neighbours turned 100 recently! She tells me she had been one of Dr Mak's patients when he looked after diligently when she broke her hip at Gosford Private! She is unable to type on the Internet but her daughter also wrote a note of thanks for the expert healing way Dr Mak looked after her whilst she was rehabilitating. Thank you for your care, kindness and attention to detail! Because of you she is able to return home and continue to live independently again! Well Done!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][41236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2013

Not always on-time..... but clearly makes up for this in his knowledge, clinical ability and bed-side / clinic manners. Also he is one of the few doctors who actually takes time explain disease and its prognosis to patients and relatives. Has been outstanding in terms of clinical acumen and effort!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][41235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Dr Mak is bulk-billing specialist who has been looking after both my middle-aged parents for a few years now. He is very knowledgeable, has had quite a few research papers on osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, falls and hip fractures, and works in several places clinically. He communicates well and he tends to tackle some old and frail patients which I find commendable. I find some of the negative comments on him quite harsh as there are no perfect doctors and he is quite flexible and will clearly learn from his mistakes and refine his clinically techniques. Well done Dr Mak!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][41234].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2013

My 84 yr old mother was admitted to Gosford Private Hospital under Dr Mak. She was admitted for *about a week* for pain management (2 fractures of the spine). She was finally discharged in September having had 3 near death experiences and having been admitted to the ICU. The staff there saved her life. Dr Mak failed to examine or diagnose her effectively. Her health quickly deteriorated until she was close to death. To their credit, Gosford Private Hospital responded well to our formal complaint against Dr Mak which was thoroughly investigated. Do not hesitate to complain. Professional indifference or incompetence must be stopped. Support our elderly - don't abandon them to so called "geriatricians" .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][41238].votes_count ]]