Dr. Beth E. Julian-Wang

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 24 reviews. Dr. Beth E. Julian-Wang has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Beth" to "Beth E."
RID: 1441115
14/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Wang is amazing. I followed her from Burbank when she left to open her private practice. She has delivered all three of my children, the youngest turning one today. She's prompt, courteous and extremely knowledgeable and nurturing. She listens and takes her time with every patient. I would (and have) recommended her to several friends of mine. I love this Dr!
RID: 1433668

05/05/11 1 1 1 1 I cant say enough of how horrible she was. She treated me horribly. I had early labor and at every appt. she would tell me "see you next time if you are still pregnant!" She is horrible! She would roll her eyes if I asked a question and would always mutter under her breath. Amazingly though with my first child I did not notice all of these characteristics because it was a normal pregnancy. When I was delivering, she walked away and as I was pushing my son out the nurses began to catch him as she turned around from her phone call to hang up and help them! HORRIBLE DOCTOR!!
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1020195
28/10/09 1 5 4 5 Love the Dr. to death but the newest staff member in the front office is really terrible!!! She is very condisending, to the point Ive thought about switching Doc's just not to deal with her!
RID: 1008777
13/10/09 5 5 4 5 I'm so happy to see that other people have had a good experience with Dr. Wang. What I love the most is that when I call the office, I actually speak to a person everytime. Nurses are nice and her office staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Dr. Wang is really straightforward and always always answers all of my questions and doesn't make me feel stupid for asking them. She will be delivering my first baby in November and I've full trust in her that things will go well. If not, you'll probably hear back from me. :)
RID: 887861
14/05/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. J-W is great. I am having my first baby and she is my OB- her office staff is extremely nice, responsive and helpful, as is the doctor who always returns my phone calls and never makes me feel badly for having a million questions. She gets right the point, doesn't waste your time and is very down to earth and compassionate at the same time. I think I will feel very safe with her delivering my baby. Would highly recommend her to anyone.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 863190
16/04/09 3 4 5 5 i am a nurse (labor and delivery) and i would definately recommend this doctor. she is wonderful and trustworthy. she is straight to the point and excellent in the delivery room. i wouldn't even consider going to another doctor.
RID: 780322
03/02/09 5 5 5 5 I am a medical professsional and Dr. J-W was my OB. This was my third pregnancy and she was by far the best OB I've had or known. I highly recommend her for her dedication, compassion, and skills.  Respond
RID: 775710
28/01/09 4 5 5 5 I had an ectopic pregnancy and Dr. Julian-Wan, who was not my OB/GYN at the time, fit me in on the same day my primary care Dr called her. I was scared & bleeding and she saw me right away. Did a full ultra sound and answered all of mine and my husbands' questions. She also came in on the day after Christmas to give me the MTX shot. When I ended up in the ER and she fit me into her schedule once again to follow up. Yes, it is hard to get test results from her, however I find that you have to be proactive about those things these days. (It's hard to get them from my Primary Care Doc as well) She is very straight forward, which some people might not like, but when it comes to your health or the health of your baby-- straight forward is a good thing.
RID: 656788
05/08/08 4 5 5 5 My Reg. Physician recommended her... considering I basically have hemmoraging for periods... Its been an amzing journey with Dr Wang. She seems a little rugged, but she's honest and very compassionate... something too many people fail to remember. I go to surgery next week... and I know I am in good hands~
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 628364
01/07/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Julian-Wang is the most caring, compassionate, and especially dedicated women I know. In my darkest hour (I was losing my 20w baby), she took me as a patient since my regular ob (which will remain nameless) would not consider doing the necessary procedure I would need to save my baby. She took me in and gave me hope, honesty, compassion, and most importantly her time when I needed it. Every nurse in delivery and labor at Huntington had only praise for the Dr and almost all of them use her as their OB-GYN which speaks volumes of her. Though it was too late to save my baby, her commitment to my well being was evident. She spent the night in the hospital and rearranged her personal schedule to be able to attend to me and another patient. I can't say enough about what an amazing Dr. she is.
RID: 625915
27/06/08 1 2 1 1 Wow, I don't even know where to begin. Never in my life have I had to try so hard to track down test results or get a doctor to return my call. I will make this as brief as possible. I was having enormous amounts of pain in my pelvic area. After the initial visit, mind you, no actual pelvic exam performed, Dr. Beth Julian-Wang sent me out for an ultra sound. I waited and waited and waited for the results. ONE MONTH LATER "a nurse" called me back and said everything was fine. She suggested it was a gastro issue. I went to a gastro, had oodles of tests and she said it was a gyno issue. Scheduled yet another appointment with the Doctor (again, no pelvic exam done), she sent me for two additional ultra sounds. Waited and waited and waited and waited for results. It's been five weeks and I have left seven messages. I ended up calling the lab and they mailed my results to me the very next day. Bottom line is, I have a condition that needs treatment & have no Dr to help me.
RID: 579896
30/04/08 5 4 5 5 For somebody who has her own practice I think she's doing a great job. My experience with her has been positive. She's caring, professional, understanding and I think she's for the patient. I feel that I can talk to her about anything.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 579705
30/04/08 3 3 5 5 Dr. Julian-Wang is wonderful. She caring and very knowledgeable. She takes the time to explain things to me & never makes me feel rushed. She puts me at ease when I worry, which is frequently, and has a balanced approach to pregnancy. There are no extremes with her - she evaluates every situation and adapts as necessary, which makes me feel like I'm getting very personalized care. I highly recommend Dr. Julian-Wang.
RID: 531227
05/03/08 3 4 4 5 Dr. Julian-Wang took me when I was 31 wks and diagnosed w/ gestational diabetes. I had left my previous OB when she tried to put me on a 1100 calorie/day diet! She has delivered both of my children. She can come across to many as a bit reserved, but she is incredible knowledge and respected by the labor/delivery nurses (a telling sign).
RID: 452236
28/11/07 1 4 1 1 She really didn't seem to care. It took her four weeks to call me with my test results and tell me I had a bladder infection. It should never take that long for any women to be told that, especially when you are pregnant. I was told to go on antibiotics, which I questioned considering the test results were 4 weeks old. I went to a walk in clinic to be tested and was told I did not have a bladder infection and did not need antibiotics. It was unethical to prescribe antibiotics based on old tests, she should have tested again and considering I was in her office the week before for an ultrasound, she should have told me then. She did have my results because I had asked the receptionist about them, apparently she hadn't bothered to read them. Considering two other reviews on this page complain she does not call with results I would not use her, she is lazy and dangerous.
RID: 433735
24/10/07 4 4 1 3 I had a very disappointing experience with this doctor. After getting a colcoscopy (biopsy) on my vulva, she said it would take 1-2 weeks to get the results and would call me right away. After 3 weeks, it took me calling 3-4 times a day to finally get a hold of her, and that was when one of her nurses, disgusted that she hadn't called me back, dragged her out of an appointment. She hadn't even opened the results yet!!! I've called her twice since with questions and she's never called me back. She told me very little about my condition and the intensive treatment she prescribed. I'm switching doctors, even though it's the middle of my treatment.  Respond
RID: 430257
17/10/07 5 5 5 5 Can't say enough about this doctor, she has been treating me for a few years for my cervical dysplacia, she is very thorough. I have referred friends to her. Wonderful caring and excellent doctor.
RID: 347540
17/06/07 5 5 5 Great Doctor! I had the best experience with Dr. Julian Wang. She is knowledgable and experienced. I met her when I miscarried and then had her as my doctor during the birth of our daughter. She was amazing!
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 328636
25/05/07 5 5 5 Possibly the best health care experience I have ever had. Dr Julian-Wang is wonderful. She introduced herself when she came in, she is warm, friendly, comforting, helpful - exactly what you want in a doctor but often don't find. I didn't feel rushed. She explained why I was there, what she would be doing, what to expect during and after the appointment, let me ask questions and explained them clearly and in lay terms so that I could understand. She put me at ease (as much as possible) when I was feeling very anxious. Highly, highly recommend Dr Julian-Wang!
RID: 173740
06/03/07 4 5 5 I think she is an excellent doctor. She always makes time for me and is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to the latest medical advances. I would highly recommend her she is going to deliver our twins.
RID: 162836
28/02/07 4 5 5 I found Dr. Julian-Wang to be a very caring, compassionate doctor.
RID: 139566
13/02/07 5 5 5 She is a compassionate, caring doctor. I've gone through a lost with her and now going through a birth.
RID: 44650
10/09/06 5 5 5 I was given Dr. Julian-Wang as the on-call doctor at Huntington, and switched to her as my regular OB/GYN. She is understanding, compassionate - listens and gives several options for you. She helped me through the loss of a baby and the birth of our daughter. She has been the best OB/GYN I have ever had. Yes, sometimes you have to call the office to get test results, but for having a practice by herself (She isn't in a large group like most OB/GYNs with tons of help), I think she and her staff do an amazing job with keeping appointments and being on time for those appointments. The staff is friendly and helpful too.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 43282
01/09/06 3 1 1 Misdiagnosed my condition and sent me on my way after scaring me to death! Once results from my blood work came in, she never even had the courtesy to call me to tell me what they were. I would definately not recommend her.
Paid (or co-pay): $2000