Rate Dr. Lalith K. Misra

Dr. Lalith K. Misra's Ratings

I saw Dr. Misra for 18 mnths. He was "okay". My other "shrinks" were GREAT but they all retired. He never starts the conversation; you tell him how you've been doing. he starts using a checklist & typing using 1 finger. He asks the SAME questions every time you see him. How many times do you have to tell him the same general health questions?On my last visit I told him I was struggling. He immediately tells me I should see another Dr. because I wasn't "getting better." I have Bi Polar Disorder. It's chronic, you don't get better. He was agitated & couldn't wait to get me out of his office.told me he'd prescribe meds until I had another Dr. & then refused. It's not safe to suddenly stop taking these meds. You get very sick & I did for 2 days. My PCP gave me my meds & said he'd heard bad things about Dr.Misra. Until recently wait time was always 2-4 hrs! The wait time suddenly improved. His asst. said he'd been "firing" patients because he had too many. Worst shrink ever. Stay away.

Submitted April 5, 2014 | flag

(the amount paid was the total copay for 3 patients) I DON'T CARE IF THE DOCTOR IS RUNNING LATE. I would prefer to think the doctor is listening to his patients instead of rushing them out the door. His help and guidance has helped my sons go from gifted underachievers to honor roll students. The care he has rendered for my PTSD (military, but denied by the VA) is a little less clear cut. As he specializes in helping children, I don't know if he really knows how to keep my treatment going in the right direction (but I have friends who are being treated by the VA and I am pretty sure the VA isn't doing much better).

Submitted Aug. 21, 2013 | flag

Dr Misra is a very kind,& compassionate man. He takes time asking ?'s, & listening to me. When my Mother passed away, he took the time & he & Mrs. Misra came to the funeral home for the viewing. He also came to my sister-in-laws(she was a patient of his also) & my mother-in-laws viewing.We had 3 deaths within a yr & a half. It was surprising to see him, but it was also so kind. I would recommend him. He's great!

Submitted Nov. 28, 2012 | flag

I am incredibly unhappy with this Dr!!! I went to him after taking my son to him (whom is great with). However, he blew me off and just wanted to talk about my son or his family. I told him something NUMEROUS times but he could never seem to rememebr it. Ummm hello.. write it in my chart!!!! I went to him for about 7 months and just decided to see my PCP for my depression. Ridiculous!! Oh and the over an hour wait to top it all off!!! Office staff is just rude!! He had a great staff member but ran her off when she was on maternity leave. Sounds like he is not only a "great" doc but a "fabulous" boss as well. I don't recommend him for anyone!!!

Submitted April 25, 2012 | flag

This dr. terminated services for my 6 yr old son after missing one appointment. The letter of termination incorrectly stated that another appointment had been missed in August 2010 when the letter had been sent in July (clearly could not miss an appointment before the date). I immediately called the office to dispute and was told that it was ultimately the dr's decision and that he no longer wished to see my son as a patient. Since my son is on a controlled substance medication that can only be filled in 1 month increments, I requested a prescription to get us through the remaining 18 days while looking for another dr. and was refused assistance. He has been on this medication for 2 years I feel the dr was not acting in the best interest of my son and our particular situation. Obtaining another dr and getting a prescription written without being on a long wait list without a full evaluation is virtually impossible for somone of my son's age. The well-being of a child was compromised.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2010 | flag

If this is the same Dr., he is now practicing in Dover Ohio at Community Mental Health where I was refered by a guardian ad litem beccause of low cost. He performed a psychiatric evaluation on me for custody purposes. In his report to the guardian ad litem he diagnosed me with schitzo-effective disorder and paranoia with anger. I was shocked and went to two very reputable drs. for further evaluation and treatment. These Dr.s gave me very different dianosis. Anxiety and PTSD.( caused by an abusive husban) DR. misra'a wrong diagnosis played a very important role in my loss of custody. He may not be educated enough in the area of domestic violence to be performing these tests. please think twice before using this Dr. for this purpose.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2009 | flag

OFFICE STAFF NEVER RETURNS CALLS, AFTER TRYING TO GET REFILL ON MEDICATION FOR WEEKS, WITH NUMEROUS CALLS NOT BEING RETURNED WAS TOLD THAT THE "DR." WAS DROPPING ME AS A PATIENT.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2009 | flag

On 6-19-2009 Dr Misra charged for full appt. despite never rendering ANY medical service. He discharged patient because she wanted her GP to prescribe all medications to avoid negative interations, and patient was a snowbird. Patient entered office and was told that Dr Misra no longer wanted to provide service, patient asked why and then left. Dr Misra charged $124 for this interaction which took less than 5 minutes. His wife is his receptionist so he can use her to defend fraudulant biling. I have reported this fraudulant billing to my insurnce agency. In addition, he is difficult to understand as English is a second language, and spends a large portion of any given appt. talking about himself, his education and geographical history. His services are limited to prescribing meds as he once stated, "I dont do feelings".

Submitted Oct. 30, 2009 | flag