Rate Dr. Trudy A. Skiles

Dr. Trudy A. Skiles's Ratings

Dr Skiles has been my doctor for both of my pregnancies. She is very compassionate and knowledgeable. I liked how she took the time to answer any questions I had. In regards to the person who said hs only saw Dr Skiles four times, I am highly skeptical of that. Dr Skiles office follows the recommendations for when we see the doctor. Once a month for the first few months, 2 ultrasounds, and the last two months I was even every other week then weekly the final month of pregnancy. I had a concern for something and she scheduled a test for me to take that day. I would highly recommend Dr Skiles to my friends and family. I felt very safe and well taken care of in her care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2408399].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Disregard the negative reviews above. I, too, had a partial placental abruption, which is NOT something that can be detected on an ultrasound. Women who are low/no risk at her office are seen every month of their pregnancy until the last few months when you go every two weeks, and the last 2 weeks when you go once a week. The level of care and support is very high and they are all very professional. I absolutely love Dr. Skiles and would recommend her to anyone in Colorado Springs looking for an OB.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][682126].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2013

As a nurse-midwife I was extremely specific about what I wanted in a physician for myself and especially as a high-risk OB for my two daughters. Their medical conditions require the level of care that Dr. Skiles and her partner Brett Shelton provide but what is amazing is the way they made both of them feel as if they were safe and secure but also truly cared about and beloved as new mommies! I've even acused Trudy of "practicing Midwifery with out a license"--because she's every bit as compassionate and calming a presence as the best in my own profession. I've met hundreds of OB/GYNs but none that I would rank more highly than Dr. Skiles primarily because she understands that patients really must be in charge of their own health, she is their learned resource. Colorado Springs is so fortunate to have her as a highly knowledgeable and genuinely caring member of our medical community.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][682125].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

Dr. Skiles was a horrible physician! Due to my "low risk" pregnancy I only saw her 4 times during my pregnancy. I was never tested for group b strep and at birth both baby and I tested positive. I also had a placental abruption and I begged her to do an ultrasound because I had a feeling something was wrong. My hospital stay was horrible and even after all that, she had little time for me. She has NO compassion, disregards a moms intuition, and very little time for her patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][682127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2011

my drs sheer lack of interest or cominunication actually led me to being admitted to hospital. She didn't return messages till weeks later. She didn't comunicate details of my pregnancy (a moderate previa). That could have led to severe complications. Her answer to every concern was "every baby is different"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][682124].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2011

Amazing office,staff, and doctor! She was one of the first two women ever to practice OB in Colorado! She knows her stuff. I came from Academy in Women's Care, and honestly this office is a thousand times better! They have time for you! Its a much more comfortable experience!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][682123].votes_count ]]