Rate Dr. Eduardo J. Cepeda

Dr. Eduardo J. Cepeda's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2495320].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

An honest and knowlegable caregiver. I came to him with numerous problems and I was relieved to find that he was able to diagnose and clearly explain how each problem affects the others. I was also glad tat he took the time to have necessary tests done and then clearly explained what should be done to ameliorate my condition. His nurse is really incredible. She is so smart and actually does what she says she she will do! I feel very comfortable with Dr. Cepada's practice and hope he will stay put (but come to south Austin).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944760].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

I left Dr Cepada because he counseled me against getting an opinion from another specialist. I have Takayasu's Arteritis, an autoimmune disease of the large arteries. Twenty years ago part of my aorta was bypassed with an dacron graft. Dr. Cepada stated flatly that I did not need to see avascular specialist for a check up 'that he could handle the Takayasu's just fine without help'. He is able to monitor for active disease but that does not speak to the fact that I have arteries that have been diseased in the past and have significant areas of ectasia not to mention that I have a foreign object attached to my aorta. My mouth fell open when he said this. On seeing my reaction he quickly said "Oh but don't let me keep you from getting another opinion". He was finished at that moment. The vascular MD I saw said that was extremely imprudent advice and further said my aorta needed to be evaluated every 5 years . Cepada displays the hallmarks of a very poor doctor. Avoid him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

I have had three rheumatologist since my diagnosis. Dr. Cepeda was by far the best. Wait time was very minimal and he always had looked over my chart and was familiar with my history when he saw me. The hospital/clinic dropped my insurance which is the only reason I no longer see him. Wish I could afford to keep seeing him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944758].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Cepeda for about 5 year for LUPUS NEPHRITIS. Dr. Cepeda is an excellent Rheumotologist and I would highly recommend him. He also sees my 2 daughters that have ANKYLOSING SPONDILITIS.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

I've seen Dr. Cepeda for several years after having JRA for 30 years. On my first visit, he chided me for missing an appointment 5 years earlier with a colleague of his. I had left that doctor when we changed to a doctor in another city. I guess it was in the computer system. I have come to believe that doctors who are concerned with the business side inordinately, may not give me their focus. I do agree that he seems to push certain medications, and does not seem to respect my option to try excellent diet, exercise, massage, etc. With arthritis, I am not comfortable always using meds which put powerful chemicals into my body. I wish to find a doctor/rheumatologist who will respect my intelligence and education, while working with me on natural options as well as known prescription meds. Most I have seen want to use only the strong drugs. Surely there is benefit(cure?) in strict positive lifestyle choices. I may continue with him, only for lack of a better doctor in Austin.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2011

Dr. Cepeda has treated me for RA for the past three years. He has always been compassionate and professional. If I call, his nurse returns the call within a few hours. All my questions have been answered, all my concerns addressed, and I would highly recommend him as a rheumatologist. His office workers are very friendly and they always manage to schedule my appointments at a time that are convenient for me. He has never been late to an appointment and he has never canceled one, either.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2011

I have RA and Fibromyalgia.Dr.Cepeda has been incredibly patient,compassionate & knowledgeable in diagnosing and treating me. He has been deligent in finding the right med combos for me,listens to me and offers research and his experience so we can work as a team to keep me healthy and make treatment work for my life style. There are no words to thank him for moving me from constant severe pain and needing a handicap sticker to where I am now...very active, positive, wearing heels again and able to walk,go to the gym and knocking my 2 nemesis off line. I love that he is direct with me (even when it hurts when we talk abouty my # on the scale)and discusses new research with me, answers my questions that I have after I read current research. I need to give a kudos to his nurse and insurance specialist..both of them are quick to respond, go above and beyond in getting answers and insurance approvals and offer superior support and patient care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944754].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2011

Very nice doctor. Knowledgeable in his chosen profession. He is concerned about his patients and keeps them on track. He is the best rheumatologist in Austin.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2010

I have RA. I also have had gout. I find Dr. Cepeda to be a very knowledgeable and attentive doctor. Since I first became one of his patients, he has significantly improve the handling of my RA. I appreciate his conservative approach when it comes to prescribing medicine. He also is very prompt in advising me of my lab work that I have to do every six weeks. I most recommend Dr. Cepeda.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1944752].votes_count ]]