Rate Dr. Khurram Pervaiz

Dr. Khurram Pervaiz's Ratings

I initially went to see Dr. Pervaiz for a right shoulder injury. I automatically assumed he would tell me I needed surgery. To my delight, he actually did NOT recommend surgery, but that I just go through physical therapy to heal my injury. This is unheard of with a surgeon. So when I hurt my left shoulder of course I went back to see him. Unfortunately this injury was more devastating, so surgery was the recommendation. It was a rotator cuff and upper bicep tendon tear. I heard this injury and the ensuing surgery was pretty rough on people. He did a wonderful job repairing them. There was minimal pain after the surgery, he walked me through the timeline for healing and physical therapy, and I had good use of my arm in a very short amount of time. I can't say enough about his and his staff's professionalism.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2650118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

My family doctor recommended Dr. Pervaiz for my shoulder surgery. He had performed surgery on her son's hand and she was highly complimentary of Dr. Pervaiz. From my initial consultation, to the surgery center, to the follow ups and physical therapy, this was absolutely the best medical experience I have ever had. My surgery was 6/28/14 and by the first week in September, I was done therapy and back to
100% use of my shoulder. Dr. Pervaiz is incredibly punctual, which is almost unheard of in medicine. A shout out to the surgery center in Glen Burnie where I had my surgery. Extremely friendly staff and a well oiled machine. The team was extremely professional and worked well together.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628126].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

I completely tore my bicep tendon and consulted Dr. Pervaiz based off of reviews. I have never been so nervous because it was the first time that I was really not in control of what is to happen next. Being in a cast, sling or anything else that would immobilize me for any sort of time where I can not function normally is not something that I was ever looking forward to. Dr. Pervaiz agreed with me and I was back to basically 100% in about 3-4 months. He communicated everything to me every step of the way and made me feel so relaxed. I was more relaxed when I tore it then when I started to have to deal with repairing it, but Dr. Pervaiz changed all of that very fast. He is second to none. If you take anything away from my comments it should be this...There is nothing about my experience with Dr. Pervaiz and his staff that I regret or wish happened differently. Dr. Pervaiz is not a 'one man show'...Yes he performed my surgery and is the star of the show, but Courtney and the rest of his staff complement him so much. I can not thank you all enough. I do have a very small 1 inch scar and every time I notice it, I say thank you. Thanks again for being there for me, I will always be grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2625454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

I sought out Dr. Pervaiz for a second opinion concerning shoulder surgery.After meeting Dr. Pervaiz not only did I decide to go ahead with the surgery but I changed doctors.Dr. Pervaiz professionalism and genuine concern for my situation left no doubt about who should perform the surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2625169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

May 25th an evening I will remember for a very long time. May 30th a morning I will remember for a very long time. I fell and broke my elbow the Sunday evening before Memorial Day. In the emergency room they tried to reset but after further x-rays said elbow was shattered. The doctor on call contacted the orthopedist on call who said to allow swelling to go down for a few days and call on Tuesday morning. Okay, that was less than satisfying, but is needed for the next step. So with my arm wrapped up I went home to wait to call on Tuesday morning (May 27th) for an appointment. On Tuesday morning around 7:00am I get a call from Dr. Pervaiz's office asking if I wanted to come in. I was having anxieties as to whether I could get an appointment the same day. Thank you Dr. Pervaiz for being proactive. This set the tone for all my upcoming appointments and surgery. The surgery was May 30th. I followed all of the post-op instructions and so glad I did. Dr. Pervaiz always took time to show me either on my arm or on the film how I was doing. Of course he put on physical therapy right away, and as the ROM returned he was honest about some of my future limitations. I appreciated so much his knowledge and experience. The staff was excellent. I had to have paperwork and documentation for my employer. They took care of it in a timely manner, I never had to make a request twice. Also, anyone who has gone to the Columbia office of OACM knows it is very organized. You will not sit in a waiting room or exam room for hours. It is one of those experiences where you are going to miss the people, but so grateful that they took care of you that you don't need them for the moment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2573953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2014

My orthopedist doesn't do surgery, so he recommended Dr. Pervaiz. Two Physical Therapist at my Physical Therapy office had patients who had Dr. Pervaiz as their surgeon and they said that their recovery time was quick. My surgery went smoothly, Dr. Pervaiz was very informative. My recovery time was short.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2472089].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

I cannot express the amount of gratitude that I have for Dr. Pervaiz and the staff at OACM. I had a fairly severe accident that caused extreme damage to my elbow. Dr. Pervaiz's expertise and bedside manner made the process of going through the surgery and recovery easier to manage.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2193579].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

For 3 three years, I suffered from a shoulder instability (the separation of the ball of my shoulder from the socket attached to my arm). I'm not sure what caused my shoulder inflammation, but it would happen at any time, any day any moment. All of a sudden, I would feel the sharpest most agonizing pain I've ever felt, all in a matter of seconds, and know my shoulder had dislocated from the socket. From the very beginning he checked in with me, let me know that a surgery was necessary, answered all of my questions, and prepared for biggest life changing event, which was the comfort of not having anxiety due to my shoulder. He is one of the most caring, genuine, and concerned doctors I've had the pleasure of. I'm more than blessed that God guided me into finding him. I would still be seeing incompetent doctors without his amazing expertise and knowledge.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2193580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Dr. Prevaiz was excellent performing surgery on my torn supraspinatus tendon quickly and efficiently. I have recommended him to others with similar shoulder problems.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][43713].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Dr. Pervaiz treated my Cubital Tunnel Syndrome issues. The care and treatment I was provided was excellent. Dr. Pervaiz and the staff listened to all of my concerns and treated me with the utmost respect and intelligence. All of the concerns I had were addressed and I was provided a complete plan to diagnosis the problem(s) and once diagnosed I was given several treatment options in lay terms which made it much easier to make an informed decision. Thank you Dr. Pervaiz and the staff at both your Columbia office and the Baltimore surgery center!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2193581].votes_count ]]