Rate Dr. Eugene J. Gosy

Dr. Eugene J. Gosy's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

If you are in need of pain management,or directed to this practice be aware! The nurse practitioners do a poor job on follow exams. At first I was seen by Dr. Gosy & seemed to care for my condition & was able to control my level of pain. Shortly after I was assigned to a nurse practitioner & when I would go in for "follow up" appointments the first couple of visits the nurse would check my blood pressure & vitals ect. That all stopped & now the routine is the nurse would sit behind her desk & print out not only my normal script but would also write scripts for meds I would never use or fill. The medication I have been taking for years was changed & instead of the nurse consulting me, nothing was said. My pharmacist explained NYS mandated to reduce the amount of acetaminophen due to long term effects. After I asked about certain known side effects she immediately ordered a urine test & reduced my dosage from 5 tabs daily to 1 tab. after weeks of withdrawal & pain, back to my primary MD

Submitted March 10, 2014 | flag

The only thing I have to complain about other than my pain level not going down (which we are working on) is that I took a drug test and the nurse said it was positive for Klonopin. That is ridiculous. I take CLONDINE for blood pressure (it works on the nervous system by lowering adrenaline). SO either the lab or the nurse has it wrong but it wasn't an issue. Even doctors at Sisters, nurses and triage people get the 2 mixed up. I just don't like being accused of taking something I'm not.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2013 | flag

The staff is consistently rude and unsympathetic and does not like to answer questions and repeatedly cut me off - absolutely NO telephone skills & very ignorant. When you question the "nursing" staff, they mandate that you have a urine test immediately - like you are on too many drugs b/c you actually questioned them. Nursing staff has NO knowledge of nursing skills beyond urine testing... Your history is thoroughly gone done by MD, but then Dr. Gosy orders a medication that is NOT compatible with your medication history/medications you are currently taking. MD says one thing to patient & completely differing thing to staff - which they deny, even when you play back the MD order from a micro-recorder!

Submitted Feb. 3, 2013 | flag

I also had a problem with a false positive drug test. After treating for many years with Dr. Gosy, and taking many drug tests, I was appalled when told that I couldn't have the test repeated or retested. (not even at my own expense) As a result I was cut off of all narcotics. The callous and uncaring attitude of Dr. Gosy is a testament to his greed. I can't help but wonder why when I was a self-pay patient I never had to get drug tested but now that I'm medicare I do and the results are not in my favor?

Submitted June 4, 2012 | flag

Staff should be fired. They are rude and insulting, always. Dr.Gosy, if seen, gives you 30-50 seconds. Big time pill pusher. Always giving heaver and heaver drugs. Does not throughly explain drugs and their side effects or contraindications with other drugs! Seems very impersonal and "pushes" you through fast. Always in a rush with you. Many of the other compliants are accurate. Seek out other pain doctors,which will treat you as a person rather than a part of the herd. The front office staff are awfull! No contact on weekends. Only recored info. is to go to hospital. During calls to office, put on hold 30-40 min., then cut off. Tried 3 days to get through! Then was told it was my fault!!! They are busy. Go somewere else! Staff is bad!

Submitted May 13, 2012 | flag

I never wait more than 15 minutes, and Debbie is awesome. She is very patient, and they care about your whole health not just your physical pain.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2011 | flag

My mother had a morphine pump installed (the Dr/Office will remain unnamed) bcs the patches were not effective anymore and had the pump for a few years and never had a problem. One day she had it filled and the morning after I found my mother on the sofa, she had passed away during the night. The autopsy report showed the pump was empty and ruled her death as a heart attack...i was only 13 when I found her I'm looking for similar stories I want to make awareness and about my mother/others. This is not malicious post and i am NOT in any way slandering any office or anyones name. [email protected]

Submitted Nov. 11, 2010 | flag

i wouled never recommed this clinic to anyone. they are rude, they never answer the phone, you always have to leave a message and WAIT for them to call back. they are the ocean and the patients are the little known tiny fish. i think my primary was doing a better job a managing my pain then they have. meds are not always the answer theres pt and counseling

Submitted May 20, 2010 | flag

If you want to see a doctor for pain go to another group. The staff is rude!!!!!!!!! I can't count the times they make mistakes over and over again even if I call to make sure things are in place. Sometimes I have to call 10 to 15 times to get situations resolved.If your able run don't walk to a different group.

Submitted May 7, 2010 | flag