Rate Dr. Eugene J. Gosy

Dr. Eugene J. Gosy's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Gosh and Debbie Hayden for years. They r very through and help me deal with my pain. There is no cure for pain
When someone is in pain all they can do is find a good Dr. to h err l.p. them manage it. I highly recommend them both..

Submitted Sept. 18, 2014 | flag

Thank you Dr Gosy and Debbie H. I would not have any quality of life without them.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2014 | flag

I have no issues. Sometimes treatment works, sometimes it doesn't. I think that most people don't understand that it is up to the patient to work WITH the staff. If you have more than one doc prescribing, then check for medication interactions, ask questions, voice opinions and offer alternative treatments that you may have heard of that may be helpful to you. Your health management is a joint venture, you can't depend entirely on someone else to know YOUR body. Dr. Gosy and associates has been helpful to me because I think for myself and don't take offense because they don't want to sit and listen to every detail of every crick and stitch. They see the BIG picture. I think people don't realize that if the staff sat and listened to every single little detail of everything going wrong, they'd never be able to see other patients. Hit the big points for them and leave out the part about how Auntie Jane hurt your feelings and that made your neck hurt worse or if you turn your head to the left by 30 degrees you got a spasm, once. If you don't like taking 4 pills a day, then don't take them. If treatment isn't working, think about why that may be before complaining to the whole world that the doctor is a terrible person. YOU are the one putting the medication in your mouth, not him.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

If you are in need of pain management,or directed to this practice be aware! The nurse practitioners do a poor job on follow exams. At first I was seen by Dr. Gosy & seemed to care for my condition & was able to control my level of pain. Shortly after I was assigned to a nurse practitioner & when I would go in for "follow up" appointments the first couple of visits the nurse would check my blood pressure & vitals ect. That all stopped & now the routine is the nurse would sit behind her desk & print out not only my normal script but would also write scripts for meds I would never use or fill. The medication I have been taking for years was changed & instead of the nurse consulting me, nothing was said. My pharmacist explained NYS mandated to reduce the amount of acetaminophen due to long term effects. After I asked about certain known side effects she immediately ordered a urine test & reduced my dosage from 5 tabs daily to 1 tab. after weeks of withdrawal & pain, back to my primary MD

Submitted March 10, 2014

The only thing I have to complain about other than my pain level not going down (which we are working on) is that I took a drug test and the nurse said it was positive for Klonopin. That is ridiculous. I take CLONDINE for blood pressure (it works on the nervous system by lowering adrenaline). SO either the lab or the nurse has it wrong but it wasn't an issue. Even doctors at Sisters, nurses and triage people get the 2 mixed up. I just don't like being accused of taking something I'm not.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2013 | flag

The staff is consistently rude and unsympathetic and does not like to answer questions and repeatedly cut me off - absolutely NO telephone skills & very ignorant. When you question the "nursing" staff, they mandate that you have a urine test immediately - like you are on too many drugs b/c you actually questioned them. Nursing staff has NO knowledge of nursing skills beyond urine testing... Your history is thoroughly gone done by MD, but then Dr. Gosy orders a medication that is NOT compatible with your medication history/medications you are currently taking. MD says one thing to patient & completely differing thing to staff - which they deny, even when you play back the MD order from a micro-recorder!

Submitted Feb. 3, 2013

I also had a problem with a false positive drug test. After treating for many years with Dr. Gosy, and taking many drug tests, I was appalled when told that I couldn't have the test repeated or retested. (not even at my own expense) As a result I was cut off of all narcotics. The callous and uncaring attitude of Dr. Gosy is a testament to his greed. I can't help but wonder why when I was a self-pay patient I never had to get drug tested but now that I'm medicare I do and the results are not in my favor?

Submitted June 4, 2012 | flag

Staff should be fired. They are rude and insulting, always. Dr.Gosy, if seen, gives you 30-50 seconds. Big time pill pusher. Always giving heaver and heaver drugs. Does not throughly explain drugs and their side effects or contraindications with other drugs! Seems very impersonal and "pushes" you through fast. Always in a rush with you. Many of the other compliants are accurate. Seek out other pain doctors,which will treat you as a person rather than a part of the herd. The front office staff are awfull! No contact on weekends. Only recored info. is to go to hospital. During calls to office, put on hold 30-40 min., then cut off. Tried 3 days to get through! Then was told it was my fault!!! They are busy. Go somewere else! Staff is bad!

Submitted May 13, 2012 | flag

I never wait more than 15 minutes, and Debbie is awesome. She is very patient, and they care about your whole health not just your physical pain.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2011 | flag