Rate Dr. Manijeh Ghafourian

Dr. Manijeh Ghafourian's Ratings

I would choose another mid wife. Really. I gave birth to my daughter with Manijeh, like another person had mentioned, 30 minute appointments, quick to get you out the door and always brushed off your questions or made you feel silly for asking them. She was in and out during our delivery and when I ended up I emergency section and then emergency surgery she was no where to be found during the surgery. My husband ended up leaving the operating room stunned and all my family held my LO before me. After she only came to my house once and then asked me to come to her bc she was busy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

Manijeh and Grace are truly amazing women. They're knowledgable, kind, and extremely committed to making mums feel safe during pregnancy, labour, and postpartum. I would recommend them to anyone who wanted the absolute best care possible during pregnancy. Love these women!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Absolutely Phenomenal, both Manijeh and her partner Grace. Manijeh was with us from Midnight until 5pm the next day when we had a C-section and was on call for us anytime we needed. An exceptionally caring person and very very knowledgeable. She does come across as rushed at times, but that is because she has so many patients, she probably takes on too much but only because she doesn't want to turn anybody away, she took us on in our 7th month. Also, you want someone who knows all of the doctors and nurses at the hospital, and Manijeh is on a first name basis with many of them.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2538703].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Manijeh was amazing! I had some problems in the beginning and before she confirmed that she would be there to help me she was giving me advice. Through out all of my pregnancy she was there to help me and give me advice. She was there to support and help me through my labor. I do not think I could have had my baby without her! Even when I had questions in the middle of the night she was available to answer them! Manijeh is really friendly and knows what she is doing. She really enjoys being a midwife! I would recommend her to anyone! I cannot wait to get pregnant again and have her assist me!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2194014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Manijeh helped me deliver my baby girl at the hospital and she was amazing from start to finish. She made me feel confident and empowered (as opposed to a patient when I went to the hospitals). She counselled my husband when I asked her to and answered all of our questions. When it was time to deliver, she came to my home and spent some time until I was ready to go to the hospital. My daughter was born within 2 hours and she followed-up and gave me lots of support/help afterwards, especially because I didn't know what I was doing (first-time mom). My husband said he would be totally lost in the birthing room if she wasn't there for him (and for me). I would recommend her to anyone and plan to use her expertise when I have the second baby.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2194015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

Worst experience ever. Started miscarrying and she didn't even get me in for an ultrasound. Just told me to go home. No support what so ever (medical or emotional).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2194016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

I had a planned home birth with Manijeh. She is an excellent midwife. I felt safe and well taken care of. She is very knowledgeable, patient, kind, and answered all my questions. I can't wait to have another baby so I can have her as my midwife again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][45708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2014

This woman has no interest in your well being, she doesn't explain much just changes the subject when questioned. She works from her home (no waiting room), 30min appointments period and will start discussing your personal info before the last patients have left, not professional. Seams to have too many patients, doesn't remember simple things about you during appointments. No urgency in giving you results to important tests or explanations to your options. Quick to give prescriptions, with no explanations some of which were deemed not safe even by 2 pharmacists & 2 doctors. Go elsewhere! Don't be afraid to make appointments with a few midwifes to make sure you feel right about your choice!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][45709].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2013

Manijeh was my midwife for my first pregnancy. She was so intuitive, caring, extremely knowledgeable and took time to answer all of my questions and concerns. Manijeh never rushed me during visits and made me feel less anxious. Wonderful midwife. I would highly recommend her to anyone wanting a fantastic birthing experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][45707].votes_count ]]