Dr. Mark A. Zager

Grad. Year: 1975

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 48 reviews. Dr. Mark A. Zager has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3576563
22/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Zager is not only an excellent diagnostician, but his bedside manner truly sets him apart from other physicians. He takes the time to speak with patients about their personal lives, updating them on big things going on in his, as well, while tending to their medical needs. He never rushes a patient and always makes them feel like their time is valuable and deserving of his full attention. It is a privilege to not only call Dr. Zager my physician, but also my mentor and friend.  Respond
RID: 3575638
21/10/13 5 5 5 5 A great doctor with great bed side manner. Has my health as good as it can be with accurate diagnosis. A top notch doctor with a helpful staff. Its hard to find a great doctor in Miami, this is one of the few. Thank you again, Captain Phil Bradley.
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Mark" to "Mark A."
RID: 2911219
14/10/13 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr Zager for several years. Oct 10, 2013 I went to Dr Zagers office for the second part of a physical mandated by Humana Gold. Dr Zager asked me if I had any problems. I mentioned to him I was feeling tired. This sparked him to reviewing my latest EKG, ordering his nursing staff to do another one on the spot. He then checked my blood pressure (which was very high)and then my heart rate(32 beats per minute. He turns to me and states:u need a pacemaker!!!!From his office I was taken to the ER at Baptist Hospital. Need I say more. Dr Mark Zager saved my life. What a great doctor and I am very grateful.
RID: 2465732
04/11/12 5 5 5 5 I've had the privilege of knowing Dr. Zager for ten years. He is special in the sense that he combines the qualities of excellent diagnostic acumen and a sense of compassion. He really personally cares about his patients, to whom he gives his undivided attention. A visit with him is typically an educational experience when he patiently will discuss medical issues, frequently providing helpful articles. I highly recommend him. Robert Rapport MD  Respond
RID: 2453485
21/10/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Zager is, bar none, the best phsician who has ever attended to my medical needs. Finding him is truly a Godsend!!! He and his staff are consummate professionals, extemely caring and his bedside manner is A-1+++. I cannot heap sufficient praise on the man!!! God bless you Dr. Zager!!!
RID: 2428212
18/09/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Zager has been my family doctor for more than 30 years. He has treated my children, my mother, and even my grandmother. I have been a geriatric social worker for many years and have seen many patients interact with their doctors, both in hospital and office settings. I have never seen a doctor treat any patient with more kindness, empathy, and skill than he showed my grandmother. I moved from South Miami to Fort Lauderdale 14 years ago but have never considered changing my doctor. He has always been available when needed (he even returns phone calls!). But the most important reason I have not changed doctors is because I have confidence in him and I trust him.
RID: 2402589
16/08/12 5 4 5 5 I have been with Dr. Mark Zagar approximately 7 years. He honors his profession with dedicated responsibility, a wealth of expertise, and sincere compassion. I feel privileged to have him as my primary care physician.
RID: 2383292
24/07/12 5 4 5 5 I have been to many doctors until I met Dr. Zager about 11 years ago. He is truly a Dr. who cares and understands his patients. He is not one of those doctors who peek their head in the room and give you a quick visit and are gone before you could ask them a question. When I have an ailment or any strange illness, Dr. Z was always able to diagnose it. He is very good at returning phone calls in a timely fashion, even on weekends. I would recommend this exceptional Dr. to anyone looking for a charming, and exceptionally knowledgeable physician.  Respond
RID: 2382562
23/07/12 4 4 5 5 I have known Dr Zager for over 20 years. He and his staff were very helpful during my last visit. He even gave me his cellular # and I was able to follow up with him over the weekend. Very rare to find doctor's like nowadays.  Respond
RID: 2382243
23/07/12 5 5 5 5 I HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED WITH DR MARK ZAGER AS A PATIENT FOR 11 YEARS NOW.I HAVE FOUND HIM TO BE AN EXTRAORDINARY FAMILY PHYSICIAN. AS A PATIENT HE HAS DEVOTED HIS TIME IN CONTACTING ME THROUGH OUT THE WEEK AND WEEKENDS.AS A PATIENT I LOVE HIS EXPERTISE IN HEALTHY EATING HABITS. I FIND HIM TO BE VERY KNOWLEDGEBALE IN EDUCATION HIS PATIENTS. AS MY PHYSICIAN, HE IS VERY COMPASSIONATE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM TO BE GREAT PRIMARY CARE.  Respond
RID: 2292610
25/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Zager has been my primary care physician for over 10 years, and I could not imagine a better doctor. He is an expert diagnostician who genuinely cares about his patients, and is never short of a joke. As someone who is just starting medical school, I look to Dr. Zager as a role model and one day hope to be the kind of doctor that he is.  Respond
RID: 1711082
11/02/12 5 4 5 5 I am his patient for 21 years. That says it all. He is far above most primary care docs I have experience with. Staff is wonderful, warm and professional. They have been with him as long as I have been his patient.
Insurance: AARP
RID: 1692169
20/01/12 5 5 5 5 Excellent family doctor, has been my doctor for more that 20 years, always treated me very well, never had any problem or complain
RID: 1676368
04/01/12 5 5 5 5 I'd like to make a few comments about my childhood friend, Dr.Mark Zager. We grew up together in Pa,and even as an adolescent he talked about becoming a Dr.,having a propensity for all the sciences. Although I live and work in the Northeast (NYC and Pa, as a professional musician) I happened to be in Miami working there recently, and saw first hand how he related to his patients. One night driving in the car, I saw him speed dialing his patients just to check up and see how there were doing, some of which were with him for many years. I've never known a Dr that does this! Then I knew how unique he was. What Dr. does this? He truly treats his patients like family. If you live in Miami, there is none better or more caring to have as your physician. Sincerely, Danny Cahn  Respond
RID: 1546074
25/09/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Zager has become my rescuing angel. My doctor was on vacation when I showed up at the office with severe pain in my left butt check with the pain flowing all the way down my leg, and not knowing why. Dr. Zager was kind enough to attend to me and my falling tears of pain. After a 5 min consultation, he knew it had something to do with my spinal cord. I would have never thought. He sent me for an MRI and as sure as he was, I have a severe herniaded disk. I was so scared and sad to hear the news. Dr. Zager along with his entire staff comforted me with words of knowledge and comforting hugs and put in on the road to recovery. On behalf of my girls and myself, thank you Dr. Zager & staff for helping me and making the horrible pain I had go away. Dr. Zager is truly an amazing doctor and I recommend him everyone. With Dr. Zager your pain will some be your past. Forever grateful, Luz Hernandez
RID: 1529490
04/09/11 5 5 5 5 I was very excited to meet this doctor after all the great reviews and I got to say he is as awesome as everyone says! I am so glad I finally found a doctor that not only is knowledgeable but that also cares about his patients. He takes his time, and doesn't take any of your symptoms for granted. Thanks Dr Zager!  Respond
RID: 1524602
29/08/11 5 5 5 5 He is the best doctor I have ever went to. His knowledge and wisdom is very evident in his work. He takes time to listen to your pain, and assess the problem. I have been a patient for seven years and will always continue to use him. My last visit, he was able to assess my pain and immediately help me find a solution. Due to my work schedule, I was traveling and had to seek medical assistance and neither doctor was able to find the problem. Within five minutes Dr. Zager was able to identify and help being with treatment. I felt better within 10 minutes of leaving his office. I would recommend him to anyone. He is the best and he deserves all recognition given to him.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1481576
07/07/11 5 5 5 5 I've been seeing Dr. Mark Zager for 30 years at his clinic in South Miami. He is a compassionate dr & only wants the best for his patients. He spends time wtih each patient explaining in detail their condition, their test results, & recommends the best treatments & follows up to make sure they are following his advice. Today July 7, 2011, I felt terrible from bronchitis, so I walked in his clinic without appointment , & was greeted by his friendly staff & they made sure to fit me in his busy schedule An hour and a half later, I walked out with most of my dry cough & sore throat & headache gone. He is a brilliant diagnostician, who is very dedicated and follows up after hours. He always has a reasonable waiting time and takes care of many complex cases.  Respond
RID: 1475929

29/06/11 2 1 3 3 First time meeting this doctor was a huge disappointment considering all the other reviews on this site. Arrived to the appointment on time, only to be ushered into a patient room and made to sit for 1.5 hours before the doctor came in. Some might blame the staff, but it's up to the Dr. to make sure patients are kept in the loop by the staff regarding how much time they can expect to wait, or where they are in the queue. In fact, the doctor was a bit arrogant about his supposed desirability, as if his reputation somehow makes up for the wait-time mishap. Don't care how "great" this doc is, I'll be looking for someone else whose entire office respects its patients' time.
RID: 1381740
08/03/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Zager is an excellent Primary Care doctor. He cares for and spends lots of time with his patients unlike many doctors in today's hurried medicine environment. Dr. Zager is always accessible and even personally calls you to make sure that you are ok after he's seen you in his office. He accepts walk in patients if you're real sick and will even meet you after hours or on the weekend if it's an emergency and you need to see him. I highly recommend Dr. Zager to anyone who needs a great caring doctor in the Miami area. Docs like him are hard to find these days Monte
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1372649
25/02/11 5 4 5 5 A Brilliant diagnostician and a sweet man. My whole family now uses his practice.
RID: 1293932
15/11/10 5 5 5 5 Memory tip to myself. Remember Dr. Mark Zager's name: he got highest recommendation MARKS from Miami medics when seeking a new GP. They were right - Zager is a PRO, as high as one can go. The mark of Zorro - "slash, slash" on the TV Saturday serial. The zz's in (Zager and Zimmerman's) office do NOT constitute a snooze. The whereabouts of the doctors' within light up on the office screen, never missing a beat. Very efficient, a staff with the friendliness of a Springer spaniel. Thorough must be Dr. Zager's middle name. Before I completed my first physical, both daughters told Dr. Zager they want HIM to be their new doctor too. Will keep reporting on this new mutual love affair.  Respond
RID: 1284304
02/11/10 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Zagers office now for 15 years and will continue to do so as long as I am able to. He is a caring and articulate doctor who knows the latest of what’s going on within his field. Not to mention, he has a reputation of being one of the leading diagnosticians in the Miami area.  Respond
RID: 1240262
30/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Mark Zager has been my primary care physician for over 20 years. I feel very lucky to have him as my physician and would recommend him very highly.
RID: 1238606
27/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Mark Zager is quite simply in a league of his own. He not only is the best GP in Miami but I would venture to say that he would be in the top 3 in the entire US. Mark does things that no other MD in any speciality can or will do. For instance, when he is busy which is "always" he personally comes into the waiting room and discusses the fact that he will give everyone who is present 100% of his attention and they will be seen ASAP. Dr. Zager has be treating me for 13 years. In that time I have had 8 total hip replacements, 28 electro-shock treatments, anxiety, depression and insomnia which by itself has plagued me for 35 years. Currently I am in the best health of my life. I run 5 miles a day and my tennis game is up to an A level for the first time. Without Dr. Zager's intervention and advice there is no way that could be possible. Maybe its because Dr. Zager reads medical journals nightly rather than relaxing and manages to call all his patients more than twice a week to check on them.
RID: 1231251
17/08/10 5 5 5 5 The best doctor in town, he opened his clinic on Sunday to treat my back severe pain and cure me same day. Excellent customer service skills. Takes his time with patients.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1184631
07/06/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Zager has been our family physician for over 15 years. He recently diagnosed a medical condition I had that was relatively serious that a cardiologist I see, didn't identify. He also diagnosed a condition that my wife has that her specialist, a neurologist, didn't pick up. We are very fortunate to have Dr Zager as our primary care doc.
RID: 1178586
28/05/10 5 5 5 5 Dr.Zager is a fantastic doctor with a geat bedside manor. He has been my doctor for over 20+ yrs. He is thorough,analytical, current and follows up with every patient. He takes no short cuts. Most people in our area of Coral Gables, Coconut Grove and South Miami use Dr. Zager because simply said, He's the best!
RID: 1146789
10/04/10 5 4 5 5 While waiting to see Dr. Zager for my 1st visit in 1999, he gave me a document about oils & fats in our diet. I thought, wow, I think I am going to like this guy. Most of the article was familiar since my wife and I have tried to eat a healthy diet since the early 70’s. Most doctors merely tell you what to do. But not Dr. Zager; he explains the science behind it. Other articles from him help me understand what I should do for my health. In addition to his excellent clinical skills, he is a very caring and understanding doctor. It is easy to discuss anything with him. He listens, then explains what he thinks is going on and what should be done about it. I was not surprised when I saw Dr. Zager in “Guide to Top Doctors”; I already knew that. Dr. Zager has a very pleasant, helpful and able staff; they are a reflection of him. He told me to think of him not as my doctor, but as a younger brother. That is easy to do; I love the guy. Thank you, Dr. Zager, for being there. RA, Sc.D.
RID: 1002676
05/10/09 4 4 5 5 Dr. Zager is a very fine physician. He is always helpful and concerned. If there is a serious problem he will always find a way to see you. I am a long time patient and highly recommend Dr.Zager.
RID: 950271
29/07/09 5 5 5 5 For those of you who are looking for a family doctor to provide health care that best serves you and your family's needs, you could find no better a physician than Dr. Zager. The thing that I find so unique about Dr. Mark is his remarkable ability to correctly diagnose conditions while also being able to explain medical issues to me in language that I can understand, answering any and all that I may have. His communication skills are truly exceptional. His attentiveness to his patients needs make you feel cared for even after the office visit. I've known Dr. Zager for over 30 years. When my husband and I moved up to New York some time ago, we continued to use Dr. Zager as our primary care physician since we have yet to find anybody that matches his knowledge & care. Over the years we have recommended Dr. Zager to countless friends & family who have moved to the Miami area. As I realize how hard it is to find such a good doctor, my appreciation for Dr. Zager continues to grow.  Respond
RID: 942898
21/07/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Zager brings a depth of medical knowledge, instinct, effective use of diagnostic tools and sincere compassion unmatched by any primary physician I have ever met; and I have met A LOT of them. I feel he has saved my life more than once because of his insightfulness. He embodies how practitioners should conduct themself, in my humble opinion. I was once told medicine is as much art as it is science, Dr. Zager has proven it to me over the 20 years I have been his patient. Even though I now live over an hour from his office, I would not think about changing physicians to see someone closer to home. He has empowered me in my fight against myriad health deficits and I am forever grateful. I recommend him to all. Thank you, Mark! Paul H.
RID: 915779
17/06/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Zager has a strong aptitude for addressing the root cause of your illness, while ALSO taking immediate symptomatic (pain relieving) countermeasures too. He wants you to feel better QUICKLY. He takes the time to discuss your condition, treatment options, and general wellness too. I actually look forward to seeing Dr. Zager when I have an appointment. He's very professional, and I trust his judgement.
RID: 908478
09/06/09 5 5 5 5 When my nuclear stress test was reported as negative, Dr Zager did not feel that this was correct.Dr. Zager exercised me in his office and reproduced my symptoms of shortness of breath and rapid heart beat. He immediately did an EKG which showed restrictions of blood flow. He immediately sent me for a cardiac cath which led me to having a bypass operation. Three of my arteries were blocked. Dr. Zager clearly saved my life.
RID: 898222
27/05/09 5 5 5 5 rk Zager has been my doctor for 30 years. I believe that the good health I experience now is due to his meticulous monitoring and care. He has taken me from my early 20's to my mid fifties, and all of the health, emotional and social changes one experiences through this passages. I am proud when asked who my doctor is. Dr. Zager has taught me about healthful eating and living, He is a prince among doctors. I consider him my friend. But what I believe others will find most important is his manner of caring for his patients. He is gentle, informative and never an alarmist. These qualities are vital to the well being of a patient. I love this man.
RID: 895136
23/05/09 5 5 5 5 Asertives Diagnosis, right to the point and fast. Humanitarian and sensitive, great Century XXI MD. 100% trustable and effective. He is one of the Best!
RID: 887954
14/05/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Zager is a brilliant and caring physician with excellent bedside manner and he runs his office with a very competent and friendly staff.He is the only general practician that has impressed me in the last 40 years. My wife and I gladly spend 75 minutes (each way)to drive to and from his office. I highly recommend him. Robert Kutner.
Paid (or co-pay): $235
RID: 886710
13/05/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Zager has been my primary physician for over 20 years. His treatment, responsiveness, knowledge and personal atention are second to none. He genuinely cares, personally follows up with patients, is very customized, thoughtful and up-to-date in his treatment approaches and explains clearly and completely diagnoses, treatment options, drugs he is prescribing and the pronoscis for one's condition. He is a firm believe in preventive medicine and his office is the one I go to annually for a physical and complete blood workup. Everyone I have referred to him has been more than satisfied and became repeat patients. Dr. Zager is the poster-boy for "best family practitioners" in the country.
RID: 883251
10/05/09 4 3 4 5 I have used Dr Zager as my primary physician for over 15 years...He is compassionate, listens and is very knowledgeable. His bedside manner is wonderful. I have sent many of my friends to him and they all fee the same way. He is still caring and passionate about what he does which in today's world is a wonderful find.
RID: 857133
09/04/09 5 4 5 5 I HAVE KNOWN DR. MARK ZAGER FOR 7 YEARS NOW. HE'S A VERY COMPASSIONATE AND CARING PHYSICIAN. HIS KNOWLEDGE OF MEDICINE IS OUTSTANDING. I LOVE HIS EXPERTISE ON DIETING AND WEIGHT LOSS. I ENJOY SPEAKING WITH DR. ZAGER, BECAUSE HE'S AN EXTRAORDINARY DIAGNOSTICIAN. DR ZAGER REALLY CARES FOR HIS PATIENTS. HE HAS SHOWN ME THAT HIS PATIENT'S ARE HIS MAIN PRIORITY.
RID: 856255
08/04/09 5 5 5 5 Terrific practice and wonderful doctor. Truly cares about his patients. Great diagnostician. Have recommended to many people and will continue to do so.
RID: 758573
08/01/09 5 4 5 4 Dr Zager is a rare find, a M.D. that demostrates proffessional competence and great patient empathy. I felt an immidate level of trust in is capabilities and appreciated the dedicated time he allotted for me, a new patient, to get established with his practice. Plus he has good taste in art - a added bonus!
RID: 711895
28/10/08 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient for over 25 years. There is no more compassionate a doctor than Doctor Zager. His best skill is the value he brings to his patients as a diagnostician. In short order he defines illness and swiftly addresses the patient's needs. His selflessness to heal go beyond what is found in the world today. He has helped me in both physical and emotional issues. I highly recommend him to others. His office staff is professional and can be depended upon to facilitate the doctors orders. He has always been a doctor for me, but now I consider him a true friend. Jay E. Berkowitz
RID: 481571
11/01/08 5 5 5 5 DR Zager Has been my Doctor since the late 70's rigt after he finished his residencyat what used to be cslled South Miami Hospital........after 39 yrs we are still in touch and has given me support as a patient and a Family-like friend, may God continue to bless him and his caring for others, from all walks of life!I give him a 10 !!! Including his staff and assoc. Docs  Respond
RID: 456218
04/12/07 5 4 5 5 Dr. Zager has been my doctor and GYN for over 15 years now. He's not always punctual because of his willingness to take the time needed with each patient - a good thing. He's always eager to help and is capable across a broad range of problems. He's nice, friendly smart and professional all wrapped up into one. I like that he doesn't over-react to minor problems. You won't find a better family physician.  Respond
RID: 424618
05/10/07 5 5 5 5 Very nice guy. Really helped me out with my back problems. Like everyone else has said he calls to check up with you later. I would recommend him to anyone.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 375239
29/07/07 3 4 5 5 Dr. Zager is an amazing clinician. He knows his business and truly cares for his patients. Caring, compassionate and very skilled. Doesn't rush you and calls after hours to see how you are feeling. World class physician.
RID: 42966
30/08/06 5 5 5 I absolutely love this MD. He makes his patients feel as if they are family. He actually calls after hours to inquire. Unpretentious, friendly, helpful. Definitely recommend him to everyone who is looking for a general / family doc.
* - Rating left by a registered user