You may also like

Rate Dr. Andrea Veljkovic

Dr. Andrea Veljkovic's Ratings

a big mac large fries a large coke and fries please

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2814782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Can she give me an appointment for a non united 20 yr old fracture lateral end of clavicle which has started giving me trouble since a yr.? Rajeev Malhotra 647 400 3002 / malraj55@yahoo.ca

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2794837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Ssssssssssssssdsddfcvbhhhggfddfghgfd dfggfggfghgghb

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2787934].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 24, 2015

Andy is the coolest surgeon out there. I've only had one person operate on me and I'm still sure she's the best. When I first met her, she swooped in and told me I'd smashed up my metatarsal into 7 baby pieces, and that I was lucky she "loves this kind of thing." She drew all over my foot with a marker explaining what I did, and how she was going to fix it. She operated the next week and everything went very smoothly. I have a plate and a bunch of pins in there. My healing process was brutal though. I developed RSD syndrome , nothing to do with the operation - just to do with my unlucky foot and poor healing powers. Dr Veljkovic was incredibly supportive. Every time I went to see her she made me feel like a super healing super woman. So encouraging and so wonderful and so thorough in every visit. SHE RULES.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2778763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

I was sent to see Dr. Andrea ~Andie~ Veljkovic as a consultation / second opinion on the current status of my leg. My situation has been serious in my view. To note, it began with a full dislocation of my left foot with both a broken tibia and fibula after a short fall from a ladder. Which had then been complicated a second surgery and a hyper allergic reaction to a dressing. After 2 surgeries things hadn't been doing as well as I had hoped.

After many issues developed with my current care which is almost at the year mark, my situation had become difficult. So I asked my Nurse Practitioner to seek some one to offer me a second opinion. After some time, I was given a referral to see Dr. Andie at the Fracture Clinic at Toronto Western for a second opinion which was about 1.5 hours from our home.

On our arrival my wife and I saw a female Doctor; who we didn't know, treating a few patients out in a corridor. As she went from patient to patient and after overhearing her dealing with her staff, it left us with a very positive impression. Both my wife and I thought "Wow, that's how patients need to be treated". We also thought it would be nice if that's who we were going to be seeing. Turns out it was. I can honestly say I have never met some one who's made or had such a profound effect in my life offering hope, clarity and options. Not only did she take care of her side of things, Andie made immediate and in some cases same-day referrals to other practitioners at the hospital late on a Friday afternoon.

She also did something I found very surprising, she acted like a real human being. Like someone you could talk too. She didn't stand in front of you like some doctors do where you feel like you should just respect them as some infinite deity who's opinion is the only opinion.

Respect and trust have to be earned and from what I can see Andie is a person first and a Doctor second. This is because during each phase so far she has validated me as a patient and as a person. This means she allowed us to ask questions and discuss ideas without making us feel small or unimportant.

Andie and her staff made my wife and I feel at ease in their presence and gave us a clear understanding of my present circumstance's with a straight forward "No B.S." approach.

Andie was also very clear about everything and took the time to explain things to both my wife and I. I should also say I met some one who's in my corner and it's an understatement to say I'm very fortunate to have ever made her acquaintance.

Andie has since moved on to B.C where we wish her the best of luck.

MM, Ontario.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2774945].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Dr Andrea Veljkovic is the amazing surgeon whom you lie awake at night praying to find, then excitedly fist-pump after meeting and being accepted as her patient. No surprise that ratings by patients on this website consistently place her right at the top of orthopedic surgeons in Canada. During her treatment of my osteoarthritic ankle I have witnessed Dr Andie’s extraordinary diagnostic and surgical skills, including her unique use of minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures. Referring to X-rays from every angle before surgery, she clearly explained my condition and options for treatment, then left the choice to me … before affirming my decision for ankle fusion. Her consultations after surgery were timely, cordial, informative and encouraging. With Andie, you feel treated as a person and friend, not just another patient. Her hands-on professionalism comes with a low-key breezy style, dry humour, cheerfulness, compassion and evident well-earned pride in her work. Together these qualities quickly endear her to any anxious patient. Andie is a pied piper for chuckles and smiles – drawn from colleagues and patients alike -- which follow her as she moves around the clinic. Her deep-seated caring is very meaningful to patients. Post-surgery, Andie popped into the recovery room to put me at ease and happily describe my prospects. After re-locating her practice to Vancouver in March 2015, she sacrificed herself for two flying trips back to Toronto Western Hospital for final consultations with me and other patients … ending with a hug and an invitation to stay in touch. Blessings on you at St Paul’s, Andie … but we so wish you were still among us. GS.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2767477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

In early Sept,2014,I was referred to Dr.V.with what appeared to be a ruptured anterior tibialis tendon.She arranged for xrays and an MRI which confirmed the diagnosis.She explained her rational for recommending surgery and the procedure which could involve the need for a doner tendon.She explained what the long term effects would be if I chose not to proceed.The surgery took place on Oct 22nd,2014,was very complicated and did require the doner tendon.Several visits followed to ensure things were progressing well .I have since driven south and had 6 rounds of golf with and the ankle is holding up very well.On our last meeting on March 6th she gave me the go ahead to start working out and to walk our golf course when it opens.Dr. V. has made a huge difference in my outlook and I wish her all the best in her new position.She is a world class Surgeon and an even better person.A huge loss for Toronto but a huge win for Vancouver.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2760496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

My daughter got to experience this incredible Dr, although we were able to only see her twice due to her moving out to Vancouver both times were outstanding.
For my daughter only being 14 years old and having a lot of pain, Andy connected with her and gave her some hope for the future.
Tough when she needed to be and showed compassionate when needed. Not sure who could replace her????

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2758922].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

My experience with Andy was nothing more than spectacular! she took the time to explain my procedure thoroughly and answer every question i could think of. Andy's bed side manner is second to none!!! My only problem is that she is leaving to Vancouver. I wish Andy nothing but the best in life and she will surely be missed by ALL of her patients, especially me. Good luck to you and your family Andy. If your ever back in Ontario, please contact me.
Warmest regards,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2757334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

After 8 frustrating years of seeing a variety of health professionals from sports medicine doctors, physiotherapists, chiropractors, pedorthists, all giving their best efforts but ultimately unable to solve my left foot and ankle pain I finally found my way to Andie. Within a few minutes of my first visit she diagnosed my problem, ankle impingement syndrome and sent me away with a plan to adjust my orthotics drastically, physiotherapy for the actual problem and a follow-up appointment that will hopefully confirm that surgery may not be required. I am really hopeful that one day soon I will be able to walk without the constant ankle pain of the past 8 years. Andie is professional, compassionate and I really like her no nonsense approach.
Andie, thank you for fitting me into your clinic in Toronto and good luck in your next chapter in BC. They are very luck to be getting you!

Mary Taylor