Rate Dr. Andrea Veljkovic

Dr. Andrea Veljkovic's Ratings

I am so happy I came across Dr. Veljkovic "accidentally." I had a minor break in one of my feet which she addressed skillfully, but then went on to help me with my severe flat-footedness and arthritis. I had seen many doctors, chiropodists and chiropractors over the years to help alleviate the pain I was experiencing in the joints and my feet in general, but Andie is the first to really help me get a handle on the situation, and has helped to relieve the pain I've been dealing with for years. She has a warm, encouraging demeanor and she will be missed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658780].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

Dr. Veljkovic is the most knowledgeable, approachable and caring doctor I have ever met. I have been to many doctors who claimed that they could help my foot but never pulled through. Andie ( as she prefers to be called) has been the only doctor who has helped me recover without prescribing me pills upon pills. She is truly amazing, and I am so blessed to have found a doctor who is as passionate, knowledgeable and funny as she is!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2655546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Veljkovic for a foot injury and am very confident in her treatment. She is so thorough and genuinely committed to helping her patients. I have never been to a doctor who takes the time to thoroughly explain your condition and treatment options. I am so grateful for the care and concern and professionalism Dr. Veljkovic demonstrates at every appointment. Thank-you.
B.T.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2653708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

PRE – Veljkovic –August 2011-February 9, 2014
It was the summer of 2011 and my daughter Nicole limped off the soccer field after colliding with another player during a match. The following 30 months would take her on a rollercoaster ride with ups and downs.
4 Orthopaedic Surgeons 14 appointments 6 MRI’s 3 X-Rays
1 Stress X-ray 1 Ultra Sound 1 Surgery 1 Cortisone Shot
Chiropractor visits Countless months of Physiotherapy....
...and then, through these wonderful doctors and the request for yet another opinion, we were lead to meet Dr. Andrea Veljkovic on February 10, 2014.
There was something very different about this meeting. Dr. Veljkovic was sympathetic to the journey that Nicole had been on. Although her condition was never life threatening – it was somewhat debilitating. Dr. Veljkovic recognized this and took it upon herself (as if it were a personal challenge) to help my daughter Nicole. She looked beyond the area of concern and ordered x-rays from the waist down to see if there was an alignment/structural issue and also requested a CT scan. The following month, (March 2014), the results were reviewed with us. I was impressed with the fact that she had no problem explaining those results in lament terms. She wanted Nicole to fully understand the findings and the plan – a plan that would see a second surgery. In April 2014, Nicole had that surgery. Three weeks after the surgery, she was assessed again and the thinking was that Nicole would wear orthotics to help with the recovery. Each month after that, Nicole was assessed by Dr. Veljkovic and each month there was a little more progress. On Friday, November 21, eight months after surgery, Nicole was manipulated just like every other visit but this time with minimal pain. Although not cleared yet we are definitely hopeful that in three months, a year after our initial meeting, she will be. I can’t say enough about Dr. Veljkovic and her support team Sanela. As a parent, it’s pretty heartbreaking to not have the means to make things right for your child. Personally, I have lived though surgeries and complicated injuries. I can honestly say, in all my years, I have never met a surgeon that is as equally kind as they are brilliant. Without any hesitation, I fully recommend and encourage anyone who is frustrated or perhaps has given up to get a referral to see Dr. Andrea Veljkovic.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2635485].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2014

I saw Dr. Veljkovic (Andie) the first time on Dec 6, 2013. I was immediately impressed with the time she took to clearly explain what was wrong with my ankle/leg and what would be required to correct the problem. I was expecting to have a ruptured tendon repaired, so was a bit overwhelmed when told I would need two, possibly three surgeries to straighten my leg and clean up the ankle. Andie instilled such confidence in a positive outcome that I felt totally at ease with proceeding with the surgeries.
It is interesting to note that I originally injured my ankle/leg when I was 21. I saw two different orthopaedic surgeons over the years, after continually rolling that ankle, causing major trauma. Neither one correctly diagnosed my problem and only offered an uncomfortable ankle brace as a solution. I am 60 years old now!
One major complication that began about 18 years ago, was severe bursitis in the opposite hip, due to misalignment of my other leg. The bursitis became so bad, (combined with my painful ankle), I had trouble walking and my mobility was greatly hindered. To ease my discomfort while waiting for surgery dates, Andie prescribed special orthotics in Mar 2014. After one week I noticed a huge difference in my hip. I had one of the most active summers in over 5 years. Based on this alone, I could hardly wait for my surgeries - strange as that sounds.
Dr. Veljkovic performed a tibial/fibular osteotomy on Aug 28, 2014, followed by a second surgery on Sep 24, 2014 to remove large bone spurs in my ankle and release tightness in my calf muscle. Both surgeries were three hours long, but I went home the same day with each one. Pain was minimal - much less than I was expecting. I was non-weight bearing on the leg for 7 weeks, then gradually increasing use of the leg over the next 5 weeks.
As of today, I am walking normally in my running shoes. I walked my granddaughter to school for the first time this morning and it felt great.
My ankle has more mobility and no pain after only three months. Total success!
I cannot thank Dr. Veljkovic enough for everything she has done for me. I am looking forward to returning to physicial activities that I love - gardening, golfing, exercising and playing with my grandkids. Life is very good indeed.
If you are lucky to be under the care of Andie and her fabulous team at Toronto Western Hospital (I must mention Sanela and Dr. Alakkad), you are indeed with the best surgeon!
G. K.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2634997].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

After rupturing my Achilles tendon playing basketball in Nov 2013 I went to see Dr. Velkovic. From the moment I met her she put my mind at ease with her level of knowledge and expertise. Even with her busy schedule she always took her time with examinations and was very thorough in answering all my questions. Dr. Velkovic performed surgery to repair my tendon and was very supportive throughout the entire post-op and rehabilitation process. A year later my repaired tendon feels as good as new and I'm back playing basketball at a competitive level. I feel so lucky to have had Dr. Velkovic as my doctor. She is a fantastic surgeon and an even better person. Thank you for everything you've done for me!
D.G.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2633311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

Dr V did an amazing job on my right foot in dealing with multiple issues including a severe bunion, hammer toe (caused in part by an abnormally long second toe), and collapsed arch. She carefully, and patiently, explained the root cause of the problem, and the rationale for the recommended corrective surgeries. In the first surgery she extended the tendons in my calf and realigned my heel, four weeks later, in the second surgery, she addressed the bunion, shortened and straightened my toe, and rebuilt my arch with donor bone/bone taken from my knee. That's just the topline! The results were stunning. I was out of the cast after three months and walking without any support a few weeks after that. Everyone at post op physiotherapy oohed and awed when I showed them the before pictures, (as did my family and friends!!). It's been four months since I came off the crutches and my foot is almost 100%, it's great to be able to walk distances again. Odd as it may sound, I am looking forward to having my left foot done and I couldn’t be in more capable hands, thanks Andie. And a big nod to Sanela, Dr V's assistant, she's a wonderful person.
H.T., Toronto

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2587567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

I experienced a tragic Achilles rupture and was given no option for a surgery but to heal in an aircast which did nothing for my recovery. I was referred to Dr. Veljkovic and from the moment I met her, I felt such a positive energy and hope that I will have a better outcome with her. She performed my surgery in March 2014 and she was very strict with my starting my physio treatments as well as being home from work for an optimal recovery. Not only did she continue to promote positive energy, but she spoke to me as if we've know one another for years. Her professional capabilities as well as charismatic personality guides her patients to maintain hope in their recovery. I would highly recommend Dr. Veljkovic as your orthopedic surgery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2572379].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Nothing i can say that hasn't already been expressed, i wish all doctors would stand up to as high a standard as Dr. Veljkovic, she is the perfect example of what a good,caring doctor should be. thank you will never be enough.... but thank you Dawn Middleton

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571149].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

I searched for two years to find a solution and a surgeon who would provide me with an answer to my medical problem. Upon meeting Dr. Veljkovic I found she was warm and truly cared about me as a patient. She wanted to do what was best for me and took the time to explain my options. Her solution was what I had been searching for. This would allow my foot to function normally for many years to come.

Dr. Veljkovic performed two very complicated surgeries to reconstruct my foot. I was confident that I was being operated on by one of the best surgeons in Canada and the post operative result proved that I was right.

Her surgical abilities, kindness and sense of humour make her one of the most valuable surgeons in Toronto. She is highly respected by other doctors, the operating room medical team and nurses. I lost count on the number of times I was told how “awesome” she was as a surgeon.

Sanela, Assistant to Dr. Veljkovic, is absolutely amazing. She is extremely efficient and quickly answered all my questions and emails. She is knowledgeable and has control on everything that is handled in the office.

Thank you Dr. Veljkovic, the operating room team, nurses, staff and Sanela. This has been a very emotional and challenging time in my life. I appreciate all the support you have given me.

M.L., Burlington, ON