Rate Dr. Andrea Veljkovic

Dr. Andrea Veljkovic's Ratings

Born with flat feet (cue “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga), I’ve been dealing with pain pretty much from an early age. Although I was wearing orthotics for the majority of my life, my left ankle decided it had enough and started to dislocate (which I didn’t realize was happening) around 5-7 years ago (give or take…I was in denial that something was wrong). It was only within the last 2 years that I started seeing a physiotherapist and rheumatologist about the problem as I was beginning to notice a change in how much pain I was in and how I was walking. Finally about a year ago I decided that I wanted to see a surgeon. Well lucky for me, I was referred to Dr. Veljkovic (Andie).

From day one, she made me feel very comfortable about what I was about to embark on and trust me, it wasn’t going to be a smooth ride. Her professionalism is top notch and her bedside manner is like no other. At the beginning of 2014 I underwent two surgeries to correct the problem and although I am still recovering and due to undergo my third surgery in December (third times a charm, right?), Andie has given me back my quality of life and confidence.

She is passionate about what she does and it definitely shows. Thank you so much for everything you have done!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2545323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Where do I begin? I broke my ankle in 2012 at the bottom of the Niagara River. Treatment from the local orthopedic surgeon was substandard so after 6 months of constant pain I asked to be referred to Dr . Andrea Veljkovic at Toronto Western Hospital. Her first comment to me was "your ankle is now mine" and she proceeded to explain why I was experiencing continual pain . She then prescribed custom orthotics and physio for several months to try and reverse the damage from the original break. She was hoping to avoid surgery but the ankle just wasn't responding. Complex surgery was performed in early 2014 and after several visits with Dr. Veljkovic, my ankle is now in "mint condition" Originally I was not able to walk without pain and now I can walk for hours and ride my bicycle.
Dr Veljkovic has given me back my quality of life . I can now enjoy the outdoors once again. She is a consummate professional and has wonderful bedside manor. She cares so much for her patients and always finds a way to put you at ease. She also challenges you and expects that you take an active role in your own recovery. She has an awesome smile and if you are lucky enough to get to know her a little bit more then you realize what an amazing person she is. Thank you so much Andrea.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

For over a year and a half i had been confronting a severe charkot foot issue. It wasn't until i was seen by Dr, Veljkovic that the situation began to turn around and progress was made. Dr. Veljkovik is a member of group of doctors that have basically given me my life back. She has a absolutely wonderful attitude and personal manor about her. She does not give anything except an honest opinion and it is done with a combination empathy and pointed advice. Dr. Veljkovic takes charge and makes it clear as what she expects of her patients. Without her skills and ability to utilize them my outcome would surely have been vastly different. I can highly recommend her as a surgeon and as an all round "good person". She is "first rate".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2526043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

Dr Andy is the best surgeon I have ever been with , she is a very caring and understanding surgeon. And she knows her work and is very professional . Her staff is awesome they made me feel very comfortable with no worries. Thanks so much for what u have done for me

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2194298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

I owe my "new foot" and my improved health to Dr Veljkovic. I spent 6 months in physio before being referred to her when it was decided I would need surgery to fix my flat foot. From our first meeting I was impressed with her knowledge and her determination to help me get better. She was very clear with her description of the surgery and what I could expect afterwards. I always felt like I was in the best possible hands, which as someone who works in the health field myself, is a huge relief! Even as I was being sedated in the OR, I could see her smiling face and focus and felt very safe! The two surgeries went perfectly and my recovery has been smooth. I consider myself very fortunate that I had her as my surgeon because my surgery was very complicated. "Andie" exemplifies the qualities you would want in a surgeon. She is brilliant, a great communicator, compassionate , empathetic, thorough and just a down to earth nice person. I consider myself so fortunate to have her as my surgeon

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2194299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

From the first moment I I have met dr. Veljkovic I was impresed by her knowledge and professionalism. I do not see very often. Her care and prognoses of my multiple fracture (ankle, tibia and fibula)were spot on. Only highly knoledgable doctors have ability at the moment when they see injury they know what to do to help that patient heal properly.Also, she is so busy with to many patients, but she is always in a good mood, never showed any sign she might be tired or stressed out. Andy genuinely care about patients well being. Andy is a perfect example when someone enter medical proffession and have knowledge, professionalism and love for people, that person will become the best doctor. Thank you dr Andy from Jasminka for your amezing work, you have helped me when I needed help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2194300].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Absolutely amazing - great bedside manner, puts you at ease, excellent surgeon, very knowledgeable. Very friendly and helpful staff. Best pre-op, surgical and post-op experience of my life with the most positive results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2194301].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

I broke my leg in a horrible accident. It was so bad I didn't think my life would be the same again. Dr. Veljkovic pieced my leg back together with a rod through my tibia and multiple screws around my knee and ankle. Now just 4 months later I'm walking without an aid and soon I'll be back to my normal life. By talking to her you can tell she truly cares about her patients and that she takes pride in her work. Thanks Doc, I'm eternally grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2194302].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2014

Andi (as she likes to be called) is by far the best doctor/surgeon I have ever had. She is extremely knowledgable, passionate and precise. She tells it like it is and this is what I appreciate the most about her. I have seen her many times and always leave with a huge smile on my face, even after surgery. You honestly know she cares when she visits you in the post operative room more than a few times. If it weren't for her, her team at Toronto Western Hospital and Pivot Sports Medicine I would not be walking. Her art is such a gift to this world. I can't thank her enough. Also, her receptionist Senela, is wonderful. So helpful and calm. I can't imagine the amount of phone calls and people she gets prodding her everyday and she always returns my phone calls and greets everyone with a warm smile. Her position has to be one of the hardest and she handles it with such grace and tact. As hard as foot surgery can be this was such a great experience... almost like a foot spa :) (lol).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2194303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

At my 1st appt Dr “Andie”, in her casual friendly way, clearly articulated her planned surgical rectification & hazards. The surgery in late Nov 2013 was an enhanced challenge, she having undertook what normally takes 2 operations (owing to my having to travel from NS). Her exceptional skill and confidence shined bright in that she had to ‘on-the-fly’ modify an unforeseen foot bone flaw mid-surgery which the observing surgical resident (student) Drs did not believe could be done during the time constraint of the surgery. Dr V’s prescribed pain meds worked well – till I whacked the toe of my cast resulting in a torque of my foot inside the cast & huge pain for 3weeks (Lesson learned – the foot is not invincible inside a cast!) Two months later the new weight bearing Xrays showed perfect alignment (No pronation!) – at 4mo I was without even a cane! Next foot will be in 1.5yrs, without nervousness. Sanela her receptionist is a treat – super helpful! Ontario’s gain was the Maritimes loss!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2194304].votes_count ]]