Rate Dr. Andrea Veljkovic

Dr. Andrea Veljkovic's Ratings

Reeeedd dreaded ddrdd ddrdd did d GmbH jbjbjbjbjbn. Jbjbjbjbjbn

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614398].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

Dr V did an amazing job on my right foot in dealing with multiple issues including a severe bunion, hammer toe (caused in part by an abnormally long second toe), and collapsed arch. She carefully, and patiently, explained the root cause of the problem, and the rationale for the recommended corrective surgeries. In the first surgery she extended the tendons in my calf and realigned my heel, four weeks later, in the second surgery, she addressed the bunion, shortened and straightened my toe, and rebuilt my arch with donor bone/bone taken from my knee. That's just the topline! The results were stunning. I was out of the cast after three months and walking without any support a few weeks after that. Everyone at post op physiotherapy oohed and awed when I showed them the before pictures, (as did my family and friends!!). It's been four months since I came off the crutches and my foot is almost 100%, it's great to be able to walk distances again. Odd as it may sound, I am looking forward to having my left foot done and I couldn’t be in more capable hands, thanks Andie. And a big nod to Sanela, Dr V's assistant, she's a wonderful person.
H.T., Toronto

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2587567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

I experienced a tragic Achilles rupture and was given no option for a surgery but to heal in an aircast which did nothing for my recovery. I was referred to Dr. Veljkovic and from the moment I met her, I felt such a positive energy and hope that I will have a better outcome with her. She performed my surgery in March 2014 and she was very strict with my starting my physio treatments as well as being home from work for an optimal recovery. Not only did she continue to promote positive energy, but she spoke to me as if we've know one another for years. Her professional capabilities as well as charismatic personality guides her patients to maintain hope in their recovery. I would highly recommend Dr. Veljkovic as your orthopedic surgery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2572379].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Nothing i can say that hasn't already been expressed, i wish all doctors would stand up to as high a standard as Dr. Veljkovic, she is the perfect example of what a good,caring doctor should be. thank you will never be enough.... but thank you Dawn Middleton

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571149].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

I searched for two years to find a solution and a surgeon who would provide me with an answer to my medical problem. Upon meeting Dr. Veljkovic I found she was warm and truly cared about me as a patient. She wanted to do what was best for me and took the time to explain my options. Her solution was what I had been searching for. This would allow my foot to function normally for many years to come.

Dr. Veljkovic performed two very complicated surgeries to reconstruct my foot. I was confident that I was being operated on by one of the best surgeons in Canada and the post operative result proved that I was right.

Her surgical abilities, kindness and sense of humour make her one of the most valuable surgeons in Toronto. She is highly respected by other doctors, the operating room medical team and nurses. I lost count on the number of times I was told how “awesome” she was as a surgeon.

Sanela, Assistant to Dr. Veljkovic, is absolutely amazing. She is extremely efficient and quickly answered all my questions and emails. She is knowledgeable and has control on everything that is handled in the office.

Thank you Dr. Veljkovic, the operating room team, nurses, staff and Sanela. This has been a very emotional and challenging time in my life. I appreciate all the support you have given me.

M.L., Burlington, ON

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Born with flat feet (cue “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga), I’ve been dealing with pain pretty much from an early age. Although I was wearing orthotics for the majority of my life, my left ankle decided it had enough and started to dislocate (which I didn’t realize was happening) around 5-7 years ago (give or take…I was in denial that something was wrong). It was only within the last 2 years that I started seeing a physiotherapist and rheumatologist about the problem as I was beginning to notice a change in how much pain I was in and how I was walking. Finally about a year ago I decided that I wanted to see a surgeon. Well lucky for me, I was referred to Dr. Veljkovic (Andie).

From day one, she made me feel very comfortable about what I was about to embark on and trust me, it wasn’t going to be a smooth ride. Her professionalism is top notch and her bedside manner is like no other. At the beginning of 2014 I underwent two surgeries to correct the problem and although I am still recovering and due to undergo my third surgery in December (third times a charm, right?), Andie has given me back my quality of life and confidence.

She is passionate about what she does and it definitely shows. Thank you so much for everything you have done!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2545323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Where do I begin? I broke my ankle in 2012 at the bottom of the Niagara River. Treatment from the local orthopedic surgeon was substandard so after 6 months of constant pain I asked to be referred to Dr . Andrea Veljkovic at Toronto Western Hospital. Her first comment to me was "your ankle is now mine" and she proceeded to explain why I was experiencing continual pain . She then prescribed custom orthotics and physio for several months to try and reverse the damage from the original break. She was hoping to avoid surgery but the ankle just wasn't responding. Complex surgery was performed in early 2014 and after several visits with Dr. Veljkovic, my ankle is now in "mint condition" Originally I was not able to walk without pain and now I can walk for hours and ride my bicycle.
Dr Veljkovic has given me back my quality of life . I can now enjoy the outdoors once again. She is a consummate professional and has wonderful bedside manor. She cares so much for her patients and always finds a way to put you at ease. She also challenges you and expects that you take an active role in your own recovery. She has an awesome smile and if you are lucky enough to get to know her a little bit more then you realize what an amazing person she is. Thank you so much Andrea.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

For over a year and a half i had been confronting a severe charkot foot issue. It wasn't until i was seen by Dr, Veljkovic that the situation began to turn around and progress was made. Dr. Veljkovik is a member of group of doctors that have basically given me my life back. She has a absolutely wonderful attitude and personal manor about her. She does not give anything except an honest opinion and it is done with a combination empathy and pointed advice. Dr. Veljkovic takes charge and makes it clear as what she expects of her patients. Without her skills and ability to utilize them my outcome would surely have been vastly different. I can highly recommend her as a surgeon and as an all round "good person". She is "first rate".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2526043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

Dr Andy is the best surgeon I have ever been with , she is a very caring and understanding surgeon. And she knows her work and is very professional . Her staff is awesome they made me feel very comfortable with no worries. Thanks so much for what u have done for me

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2194298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

I owe my "new foot" and my improved health to Dr Veljkovic. I spent 6 months in physio before being referred to her when it was decided I would need surgery to fix my flat foot. From our first meeting I was impressed with her knowledge and her determination to help me get better. She was very clear with her description of the surgery and what I could expect afterwards. I always felt like I was in the best possible hands, which as someone who works in the health field myself, is a huge relief! Even as I was being sedated in the OR, I could see her smiling face and focus and felt very safe! The two surgeries went perfectly and my recovery has been smooth. I consider myself very fortunate that I had her as my surgeon because my surgery was very complicated. "Andie" exemplifies the qualities you would want in a surgeon. She is brilliant, a great communicator, compassionate , empathetic, thorough and just a down to earth nice person. I consider myself so fortunate to have her as my surgeon

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2194299].votes_count ]]