Rate Dr. Andrea Veljkovic

Dr. Andrea Veljkovic's Ratings

In early Sept,2014,I was referred to Dr.V.with what appeared to be a ruptured anterior tibialis tendon.She arranged for xrays and an MRI which confirmed the diagnosis.She explained her rational for recommending surgery and the procedure which could involve the need for a doner tendon.She explained what the long term effects would be if I chose not to proceed.The surgery took place on Oct 22nd,2014,was very complicated and did require the doner tendon.Several visits followed to ensure things were progressing well .I have since driven south and had 6 rounds of golf with and the ankle is holding up very well.On our last meeting on March 6th she gave me the go ahead to start working out and to walk our golf course when it opens.Dr. V. has made a huge difference in my outlook and I wish her all the best in her new position.She is a world class Surgeon and an even better person.A huge loss for Toronto but a huge win for Vancouver.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2760496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

My daughter got to experience this incredible Dr, although we were able to only see her twice due to her moving out to Vancouver both times were outstanding.
For my daughter only being 14 years old and having a lot of pain, Andy connected with her and gave her some hope for the future.
Tough when she needed to be and showed compassionate when needed. Not sure who could replace her????

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2758922].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

My experience with Andy was nothing more than spectacular! she took the time to explain my procedure thoroughly and answer every question i could think of. Andy's bed side manner is second to none!!! My only problem is that she is leaving to Vancouver. I wish Andy nothing but the best in life and she will surely be missed by ALL of her patients, especially me. Good luck to you and your family Andy. If your ever back in Ontario, please contact me.
Warmest regards,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2757334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

After 8 frustrating years of seeing a variety of health professionals from sports medicine doctors, physiotherapists, chiropractors, pedorthists, all giving their best efforts but ultimately unable to solve my left foot and ankle pain I finally found my way to Andie. Within a few minutes of my first visit she diagnosed my problem, ankle impingement syndrome and sent me away with a plan to adjust my orthotics drastically, physiotherapy for the actual problem and a follow-up appointment that will hopefully confirm that surgery may not be required. I am really hopeful that one day soon I will be able to walk without the constant ankle pain of the past 8 years. Andie is professional, compassionate and I really like her no nonsense approach.
Andie, thank you for fitting me into your clinic in Toronto and good luck in your next chapter in BC. They are very luck to be getting you!

Mary Taylor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2754181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

I am a 29 year old mother of 2. In 2013 I was referred to Andie for my right ankle, which was badly dislocated in a car accident in 2005. I had two previous surgeries to “fix” tendon issues, but unfortunately were unsuccessful. For 9 years, I felt dull achy pain, every single day.

After being examined and having xrays, Andie pointed out the problem areas (really bad arthritis in the subtalar joint) and suggested a solution (Fusion). Instantly, I felt very confident in her ability to get me back into a more active/normal life.

I had the subtalar fusion operation in August 2014 with a tendon repair operation following in September 2014. The recovery period was tedious and frustrating at the time but it led to a great fusion. I recall that every time I had yet another appointment, I was excited to see the progress. I followed Andie’s instructions like a perfect student and today I am 100% healed.

Andie’s compassion/genuine concern for your overall health, the love of her job and pride in the outcome of her work, has made this the best experience of my life. If I had to do it all over again, I would, as long as Andie was my surgeon. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, and good luck on the next phase in BC. Your future patients are so lucky to be getting someone like you!

Caitlin Page

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2752443].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Dr v is absolutely amazing she has saved my life, career and especially my happiness

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2752053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

We are so grateful for Dr A. Veljkovic. My mother-in-law had to have surgery on her femur. The surgery was done exceptionally . She spoke to us in english ( not in medical terms) and the staff helped her feel very comfortable. We are sad to hear she will be leaving the hospital. We wish her all the best. Thank you for everything .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2747759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

My husband, for many years a victim of severe rheumatoid arthritis and its many related issues, was in dire need of foot reconstruction. A frustrating, circuitous route finally led him to a miracle worker - Dr. Andrea Veljkovic.
During the initial consultation, in a very honest and forthright manner, Andie answered our questions and outlined the multiple risks of a proposed procedure. Her assured and calm demeanor gave us the confidence to place our trust in her expertise.
As soon as possible, Andie performed the significantly involved and risky operation. Then, with genuine care and compassion, - combined with a winning sense of humour - she proceeded to guide us through the lengthy, obstacle-ridden path to recuperation. We'll never forget the warmth of her hugs.
My family owes Andie a huge debt of gratitude. My husband owes her his life!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2744252].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

I have to say my mom and I are greatly sad to hear Dr.Andy will be leaving. She has given my mom the ability to walk again. We had originally went to see her due to a foot operation which had gone bad due to another surgeon. On our first visit with her she gave my mom hope and a guarantee she will be able to walk with no pain after she would preform a revision. Well now she has fully recovered and with no pain. I have never meet a surgeon whom is so compassion, honest,detailed,and a professional. On our last visit my mom and I had tears in our eyes as we have her a goodbye hug. I'm truly grateful for what she has done for us and she will be greatly missed. She will be a asset to the Vancouver hospital. My mom and I wish you the best of luck and uno a deici which means 1 out of 10 you are deftently a dieci

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2740264].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

When I broke my elbow on a snowy day in November 2014, I was sent to the Toronto Western Hospital. And I was very lucky to be taken care of by Dr Andrea Veljkovic. Consultations before the surgery, diagnoses, surgery itself, and the subsequent check-ups after the surgery were proofs to me of not only how professional Dr Veljkovic was, but how personable and attentive she was to all my concerns. I am greatly indebted to her for the way she took care of my arm. I am sorry that she is leaving Toronto and I am sure all the patients of the Fracture Clinic will miss her very much. I wish her all the best in her new post in Vancouver.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2739547].votes_count ]]