Rate Dr. Andrea Veljkovic

Dr. Andrea Veljkovic's Ratings

My father had to have surgery on his bone for osteomyelitis in October 2013...we were referred to Dr. Veljkovic. She was unlike any surgeon I have ever met - she had this way of relating to us that was so personable and made us feel like we could trust her with anything. Like she was a friend. But make no mistake. She is a superior, superior surgeon, and she handled the surgical and medical case with an unbelievable amount of skill, talent and wisdom. No matter how much we wanted her to change the treatment plan (because we wanted things to be easier) she had a razor-sharp clarity about what my father needed, for how long and in what way. Nothing anyone could say could cause her to waver from her treatment path. Today, when any doctor looks any my father's leg, knowing the specific complications he had (and he had many), they all use words like "amazing", "miraculous", "superior work". I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that had he been assigned to a different surgeon, we would not have had the same positive outcome. From the bottom of my heart, I am thankful to Dr Veljkovic and will always be grateful our paths crossed...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2696921].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2015

well guess she can't hold a job so now questioning her skills Iowa, Nova Scotia, Toronto and I guess now B.C. she had given me hope been through 4 of her fellow quacks 3 surgeries was about to have 2nd apt with her got the call this morning canceling my apt in 10 days as shes moving why did she bother seeing me in the first place after waiting 8 months to c her now will have to wait who knows how long again least my GP keeps me in pain killers 90 monthly guess that's the state of our health care thx harper/mcguinty/wynne just another peon here may as well take a few xtra pain killers and cut it off myself thx 4 nothing andie :(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2694905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Andy Veljkovic (Toronto Western Hospital) for about a year now with a very arthritic and rigid big toe. While we have decided not to pursue surgery at this point, she has offered excellent suggestions in terms of how to live well with this condition, i.e.,what shoes to buy and where, physio to stretch my calf and ankle muscles, etc. She is very knowledgeable. I must say that I have never experienced a physician who is more caring and understanding...an all around very nice person. I will truly miss her a my physician as she now transitions to B.C. Our appointment ended with a big hug goodbye.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2694751].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

It comes to no surprise that everyone's encounter with Dr Andie is the same = nothing short of remarkable! My mother had suffered for 4 years with nonsense physicians who have no knowledge of anything! What I believe to be Devine intervention, I found Dr Veljkovic. In just one meeting I knew this women was going to finally help her. No longer was her diagnosis flat feet. It was a magnitude of issues, but issues that finally made sense. Dr Andie is extremely knowledgeable. There's no time wasted. She's on a mission to help her patients and makes it personal. She won't stop until she gets it right and cares every step of the way. My mother has been granted the largest gift, knowledge of her condition and improvement. We're not letting go of Dr Andie...we're going wherever she goes!!! ABSOLUTELY THE BEST - no questions!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2692523].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2015

Dr. A. Veljkovic is the best surgeon! Due to her professionalism and care I was able to avoid the foot surgery. I am so mush thankful to this doctor for all the attention, thoughtfulness and care provided to me at all times. Not only is she the best professional that I have ever known, but also she is a kind and caring person, which is also very important for a patient not only to be treated, but to be cured!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2684022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

I am a member of a police service and was injured while on duty in 2010. After having my initial situation injury addressed I soon learned that my injury was more severe than the local physician first thought. Steps were taken to help the healing process but things deteriorated. Fearing that the injury would impact on my career I continued to work with increasing pain to the point that I sought some relief. My physician advised that there was a specialist that he believed could remedy my plight but there was a wait time of 5 to 8 years. My physician went on to say that if I was willing to travel ( 2 hours) that there was another surgeon who had just recently opened a practice her name is Dr. Andrea Veljkovic and that her wait time may be much shorter. I immediately asked to be referred to her office. In short order I met her at her office and was immediately impressed with her professional, no nonsense approach to my injury and that she was making plans to have this remedied as soon as possible. Enter the Nova Scotia government who had pledged her permanent OR time at a hospital only to deny that commitment and place an unknown number of patient's health and well being in jeopardy. Prior to leaving Nova Scotia she met with every patient and explained the reasoning for her leaving the province. Again I was impressed with her genuine and true heart in caring for her patients. Dr. Veljkovic relocated to Toronto Western Hospital, Ontario and was still willing to proceed with my surgery's as soon as they could be arranged. I have had two surgery's the first for one for bone reconstruction the second for soft tissue repairs a third orthoscopic surgery will take place in February 2015 after which I will be well on my way to recovery. Until my injury I had never been in need of long term medical attention and I can only say that Dr. Andie has been an angel in green scrubs. My life is getting back to normal and I owe it all to a young person who entered the demanding world of medicine and has made an immeasurable positive an impact on everyone she has met. To say a simple "thank you" is not enough. Nova Scotia's loss has been Ontario's gain and anyone who is treated by her will get the detailed attention that that they deserve with no nonsense observations, conversations, humor and professional decorum. RJH

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2680398].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

I am so thankful that I was referred to Andie. After a sports injury to my right foot I had seen numerous doctors, podiatrists and physiotherapists who all misdiagnosed me. I had numerous X-rays, ultrasounds, MRI's and nerve induction tests. I also tried many pairs of custom made orthotics. Nothing worked. My foot got so painful I couldn't even walk. After one year of this, I was lucky enough to see Andie. She explained what was wrong with my foot and suggested less invasive techniques than surgery to try and solve my problem. After these were not successful, she agreed that surgery was necessary. Andie performed a tarsal tunnel release of the nerve and lengthened a tendon in my foot that was irritating the nerve. It has been 4 months since the surgery and for the first time in 2 years I no longer have the constant nerve pain in my foot. I still have some recovering to do before I am 100% but I have even starting playing golf again, which I couldn't image ever doing again. Andie is one of the most kind, caring and knowledgeable doctors I have come across. Her assistant, Sanela is a wonderful person who was so helpful throughout this whole process. Thank you again, Andie for giving me my life back!
N.D.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2679532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2015

Thank u Andy for being professional, not only as a surgeon, yet as a person as well. There is a distinct anointing upon your giftings.
I consider you a friend.
R.J.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2677734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

After eighteen months and many doctors another orthopaedic surgeon recommended me to Dr. VELJKOVIC.
It is six months since the surgery on my achilles and tendon repair. Thanks to Dr. Veljkovic I am able to walk many miles and return to my favourite activities. Dr. V. is one of the most caring, committed doctors who takes the time to explain and answer your questions and concerns. I would highly recommend her to anyone who has severe foot problems. She is one of a kind. I. D. M.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2677160].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

Thank you, Dr. Veljikovic. I am very grateful for your skill and integrity. You managed to save my badly broken hip bone rather than replace it. For such major surgery, it's amazing. There's only a small, discreet, cosmetic incision.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2666753].votes_count ]]