You may also like

Rate Dr. Andrea Veljkovic

Dr. Andrea Veljkovic's Ratings

Dr Andie Veljkovic is an amazing and talented surgeon with incredible knowledge and is very caring of her patients. I would highly recommend her!! My daughter is a dancer and when she experienced issues with her right toe and foot, she was very lucky to have been referred to Dr Andie V in Toronto. When we were told that Dr Andie was moving to Vancouver, we were given a choice and we decided to have Dr Andie performed the required procedure in Vancouver as we trusted her 100%. Dr. Andie and her staff worked closely with us to coordinate and expedite the procedure in Vancouver and this turned out to be very successful. Thank You Dr. Andie !. My daughter's dance career is back on track!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2854793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Almost two years of waiting for surgery after being told I was an amazing case. She was so excited to work on. Then left absolutely high and dry with a terrible referral and I'm back to square one. She was surely knowledgeable about my issue, but the overall experience was disappointing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2854581].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Dr. Andie is one of the most amazing surgeons that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. My mother and I had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Andie in her Vancouver clinic one day, and she was able to correctly diagnose my mothers foot problems. Dr. Andie treated my mother conservatively, and within 3 months, with the help of night splints, physio, stretching exercises, and orthodics, my mom was able to walk again without any pain. Her recovery was amazing, especially since she didn't require any surgery. Thank you Dr. Andie for giving my mom her life back! You're the best!!! xoxo Ambreen Jawad

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2850261].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr Andie was by far the best doctor. she was the only Dr. able to sucessfully treat me. If I could afford it I would fly to BC just to see her. I was already making trips from Ottawa to Toronto for her. I had a very special case:

I had two bunion surgeries by an idiot Dr here in Ottawa and the screw he put in my foot ended up popping out. I the. Searched for a new Dr and found Dr. Andie. With one look at my x-Rays she was able to tell me that I have a juvenile bunion on both feet. I didn't even know there were different kinds of bunions. She told me that my former surgeon didn't preform proper surgeries on me and that she would rather not preform any more to prevent further damage. She gave me a splint to wear, excercises and special orthotics and a full year later my life has changed. I still have slight pain but hardly as much. I can play sports now and runs and actually do daily activities.
She also brought in a group of other surgeons to my room and used this as a teaching moment for them. I wish her the best in the new hospital and hope she finds her way closer to Ottawa.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2838826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Dr. Andrea Veljkovic is the best doctor by far. Incredible knowledge and very talented. I came to see her after I fell over seas and was walking in a brace. My injury was to my right ankle and I kept getting run round by doctors. I was lucky to have received a call from her. I knew I was in best hands when I met her and felt sense of releif knowing I was in good hands. She took the time to make me understand what kind of injury I had and what frame I was looking at for recovery time. I saw her today for a follow up. She is full of energy and carries such a positive attitude that my words won't do its justice. My foot is doing much better and recovery time looks great. Dr. Veljkovic thank you taking care of me and I apprecate you always and you are simply the best ☺️ I would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2831570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Just another quack, after breaking my mid-foot after falling off a ladder(only 2 steps up) 3 surgeries by 2 of her quacks/colleagues at my local hosp. (ptbo,prhc) saw her first in dec. said she could fix me up but wanted a consult from Daniels about my ankle now also needing fixing do to the 'mess' of my foot so saw him first of Jan. (wow must be a mess, what wait time) so far was impressed only to learn when her office called to reschedule my 2nd appt. early Feb to the end of Feb as a final follow-up as she's leaving for B.C. then saw Daniels and him seeing the ct scan that she ordered (2 blks away and $40. I had to bring it to him) all he wants to do is cut it off. Thx for nothing andie. Almost 5 years now broke & broken!!! Thx for gp dr and pain killers livers probably shot all these good things U hear about Drs really wonder how many people like me just left to suffer now Daniels has me going to his pain clinic says it seems to be static as he glanced at the x-rays on the screen (that were from my Jan appt., I think he thought they were new) he said he'd see me in Sep after the pain clinic was done with me and walked away. Terrific!!!!! Like andies idea about not wanting to live like me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2830966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Can she give me an appointment for a non united 20 yr old fracture lateral end of clavicle which has started giving me trouble since a yr.? Rajeev Malhotra 647 400 3002 / malraj55@yahoo.ca

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2794837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Andy is the coolest surgeon out there. I've only had one person operate on me and I'm still sure she's the best. When I first met her, she swooped in and told me I'd smashed up my metatarsal into 7 baby pieces, and that I was lucky she "loves this kind of thing." She drew all over my foot with a marker explaining what I did, and how she was going to fix it. She operated the next week and everything went very smoothly. I have a plate and a bunch of pins in there. My healing process was brutal though. I developed RSD syndrome , nothing to do with the operation - just to do with my unlucky foot and poor healing powers. Dr Veljkovic was incredibly supportive. Every time I went to see her she made me feel like a super healing super woman. So encouraging and so wonderful and so thorough in every visit. SHE RULES.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2778763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

I was sent to see Dr. Andrea ~Andie~ Veljkovic as a consultation / second opinion on the current status of my leg. My situation has been serious in my view. To note, it began with a full dislocation of my left foot with both a broken tibia and fibula after a short fall from a ladder. Which had then been complicated a second surgery and a hyper allergic reaction to a dressing. After 2 surgeries things hadn't been doing as well as I had hoped.

After many issues developed with my current care which is almost at the year mark, my situation had become difficult. So I asked my Nurse Practitioner to seek some one to offer me a second opinion. After some time, I was given a referral to see Dr. Andie at the Fracture Clinic at Toronto Western for a second opinion which was about 1.5 hours from our home.

On our arrival my wife and I saw a female Doctor; who we didn't know, treating a few patients out in a corridor. As she went from patient to patient and after overhearing her dealing with her staff, it left us with a very positive impression. Both my wife and I thought "Wow, that's how patients need to be treated". We also thought it would be nice if that's who we were going to be seeing. Turns out it was. I can honestly say I have never met some one who's made or had such a profound effect in my life offering hope, clarity and options. Not only did she take care of her side of things, Andie made immediate and in some cases same-day referrals to other practitioners at the hospital late on a Friday afternoon.

She also did something I found very surprising, she acted like a real human being. Like someone you could talk too. She didn't stand in front of you like some doctors do where you feel like you should just respect them as some infinite deity who's opinion is the only opinion.

Respect and trust have to be earned and from what I can see Andie is a person first and a Doctor second. This is because during each phase so far she has validated me as a patient and as a person. This means she allowed us to ask questions and discuss ideas without making us feel small or unimportant.

Andie and her staff made my wife and I feel at ease in their presence and gave us a clear understanding of my present circumstance's with a straight forward "No B.S." approach.

Andie was also very clear about everything and took the time to explain things to both my wife and I. I should also say I met some one who's in my corner and it's an understatement to say I'm very fortunate to have ever made her acquaintance.

Andie has since moved on to B.C where we wish her the best of luck.

MM, Ontario.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2774945].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Dr Andrea Veljkovic is the amazing surgeon whom you lie awake at night praying to find, then excitedly fist-pump after meeting and being accepted as her patient. No surprise that ratings by patients on this website consistently place her right at the top of orthopedic surgeons in Canada. During her treatment of my osteoarthritic ankle I have witnessed Dr Andie’s extraordinary diagnostic and surgical skills, including her unique use of minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures. Referring to X-rays from every angle before surgery, she clearly explained my condition and options for treatment, then left the choice to me … before affirming my decision for ankle fusion. Her consultations after surgery were timely, cordial, informative and encouraging. With Andie, you feel treated as a person and friend, not just another patient. Her hands-on professionalism comes with a low-key breezy style, dry humour, cheerfulness, compassion and evident well-earned pride in her work. Together these qualities quickly endear her to any anxious patient. Andie is a pied piper for chuckles and smiles – drawn from colleagues and patients alike -- which follow her as she moves around the clinic. Her deep-seated caring is very meaningful to patients. Post-surgery, Andie popped into the recovery room to put me at ease and happily describe my prospects. After re-locating her practice to Vancouver in March 2015, she sacrificed herself for two flying trips back to Toronto Western Hospital for final consultations with me and other patients … ending with a hug and an invitation to stay in touch. Blessings on you at St Paul’s, Andie … but we so wish you were still among us. GS.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2767477].votes_count ]]