Rate Dr. Andrea Veljkovic

Dr. Andrea Veljkovic's Ratings

Dr Andy is the best surgeon I have ever been with , she is a very caring and understanding surgeon. And she knows her work and is very professional . Her staff is awesome they made me feel very comfortable with no worries. Thanks so much for what u have done for me

Submitted June 28, 2014 | flag

I owe my "new foot" and my improved health to Dr Veljkovic. I spent 6 months in physio before being referred to her when it was decided I would need surgery to fix my flat foot. From our first meeting I was impressed with her knowledge and her determination to help me get better. She was very clear with her description of the surgery and what I could expect afterwards. I always felt like I was in the best possible hands, which as someone who works in the health field myself, is a huge relief! Even as I was being sedated in the OR, I could see her smiling face and focus and felt very safe! The two surgeries went perfectly and my recovery has been smooth. I consider myself very fortunate that I had her as my surgeon because my surgery was very complicated. "Andie" exemplifies the qualities you would want in a surgeon. She is brilliant, a great communicator, compassionate , empathetic, thorough and just a down to earth nice person. I consider myself so fortunate to have her as my surgeon

Submitted June 27, 2014 | flag

From the first moment I I have met dr. Veljkovic I was impresed by her knowledge and professionalism. I do not see very often. Her care and prognoses of my multiple fracture (ankle, tibia and fibula)were spot on. Only highly knoledgable doctors have ability at the moment when they see injury they know what to do to help that patient heal properly.Also, she is so busy with to many patients, but she is always in a good mood, never showed any sign she might be tired or stressed out. Andy genuinely care about patients well being. Andy is a perfect example when someone enter medical proffession and have knowledge, professionalism and love for people, that person will become the best doctor. Thank you dr Andy from Jasminka for your amezing work, you have helped me when I needed help.

Submitted June 21, 2014 | flag

Absolutely amazing - great bedside manner, puts you at ease, excellent surgeon, very knowledgeable. Very friendly and helpful staff. Best pre-op, surgical and post-op experience of my life with the most positive results.

Submitted June 17, 2014 | flag

I broke my leg in a horrible accident. It was so bad I didn't think my life would be the same again. Dr. Veljkovic pieced my leg back together with a rod through my tibia and multiple screws around my knee and ankle. Now just 4 months later I'm walking without an aid and soon I'll be back to my normal life. By talking to her you can tell she truly cares about her patients and that she takes pride in her work. Thanks Doc, I'm eternally grateful.

Submitted May 24, 2014 | flag

Andi (as she likes to be called) is by far the best doctor/surgeon I have ever had. She is extremely knowledgable, passionate and precise. She tells it like it is and this is what I appreciate the most about her. I have seen her many times and always leave with a huge smile on my face, even after surgery. You honestly know she cares when she visits you in the post operative room more than a few times. If it weren't for her, her team at Toronto Western Hospital and Pivot Sports Medicine I would not be walking. Her art is such a gift to this world. I can't thank her enough. Also, her receptionist Senela, is wonderful. So helpful and calm. I can't imagine the amount of phone calls and people she gets prodding her everyday and she always returns my phone calls and greets everyone with a warm smile. Her position has to be one of the hardest and she handles it with such grace and tact. As hard as foot surgery can be this was such a great experience... almost like a foot spa :) (lol).

Submitted May 10, 2014 | flag

At my 1st appt Dr “Andie”, in her casual friendly way, clearly articulated her planned surgical rectification & hazards. The surgery in late Nov 2013 was an enhanced challenge, she having undertook what normally takes 2 operations (owing to my having to travel from NS). Her exceptional skill and confidence shined bright in that she had to ‘on-the-fly’ modify an unforeseen foot bone flaw mid-surgery which the observing surgical resident (student) Drs did not believe could be done during the time constraint of the surgery. Dr V’s prescribed pain meds worked well – till I whacked the toe of my cast resulting in a torque of my foot inside the cast & huge pain for 3weeks (Lesson learned – the foot is not invincible inside a cast!) Two months later the new weight bearing Xrays showed perfect alignment (No pronation!) – at 4mo I was without even a cane! Next foot will be in 1.5yrs, without nervousness. Sanela her receptionist is a treat – super helpful! Ontario’s gain was the Maritimes loss!

Submitted May 1, 2014 | flag

I spent over a year with a crippling sesamoid bone issue. I went to several doctors and none could help me. I forced my family doctor to send me for a MRI and then to a specialist. Man am I happy it was Dr. Veljkovic. Within the first 5 min Dr. Andy had bet her self that she knew what the issue was and indeed she won. She knew without looking at the X-Rays that I had previously had a 5th metatarsal injury and could tell immediately why I was having so much pain. The solution was to re-arrange my foot so it strikes the ground properly. She cut my heal bone (by using and aligned it with the tibia, and also raised my big toe so it was no longer the main point of contact. She also reworked my ligaments so the toe would pull to the right instead of directly down. I'm at about 11 weeks after the first surgery now and feeling great. I can't wait for full recovery and to start running again. I can't thank Dr. Andy (and her people) enough!

Submitted April 9, 2014 | flag

Ruptured my achilles tendon playing football, was seen by Veljkovic and the best word to describe her as a doctor is confident. She is no nonsense, very straight forward and very passionate about her work. She told me she loved doing achilles repairs which put me at ease. The surgery was everything i could have asked for. 4 months post surgery there is no swelling, the scar is minimal and im already back to light jogging, swimming and have my normal life back. My physiotherapist is constantly telling me how much better my ankle looks than other achilles ruptures shes has seen. If you get a choice choose Veljkovic, shes the greatest and immensely exceeded all my expectations.

Submitted March 19, 2014 | flag

Dr Andie Veljkovic is the best medical practitioner I have had to associate with in my life. I have chronic osteomyelitis and had to undergo corticotomy on my left tibia, and I was assigned Dr Andie. Though the surgery and post op recovery was difficult for me to take at my age (86), the procedure was exceptionally successful. Dr Andie is a very pleasant person. She is meticulous, and quite firm. She had a very clear plan in place, and she didn’t allow anything to change that plan. It is very obvious that she cares for her patients. Also, she has superior clinical and surgical skills. Even other doctors have commented on the high quality of her work after seeing my leg! I have diabetes and she told me that her job was to save my leg and make sure I could walk again, and she has done both. Should anyone be unfortunate enough to have orthopedic surgery done, I hope you will be fortunate enough to draw Dr Andie.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2014 | flag