Rate Dr. John Odai

Dr. John Odai's Ratings

I was seen yesterday by Dr Odai and his team and cannot say enough about how well I was treated. His beside manner is excellent and very calming . I would recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2014 | flag

Had an appt with Dr Odai for root canal treatment and needed to cancel (5 hour notice) and reschedule due to an emergency at home; they wanted a $450 cancellation fee and if I refused to pay it, I would not be allowed to reschedule. This would have been my first visit; this kind of fine might be reasonable for patients that always cancel, but this was not the case. Since I was coming in from out of town, it was impossible for me to make it and that fee was insane. They offered to reduce it to $250, but I turned it down again and chose to book with a different specialist. I highly recommend going to a different specialist; their policies aren't humane at all. I could understand a $45 fee, but $450 is highly unreasonable and in my opinion, very unethical.

Submitted March 20, 2014 | flag

I was very nervous about having this root canal. Dr. Odai & staff made me feel very relaxed. I was very happy that he waited until freezing took affect. No pain at all. Would recommend this dentist to anyone who needed a root canal.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2013 | flag

I walked into Dr. Odai's office on the day of the root canal, nervous and afraid. He reassured me that I would be fine and that he would take very good care of me. Very nice words but they were not helping me to relax. Because I am known to swoon (trying to make it sound cute) at the site of blood, or even anything descriptive involving procedures, he made sure that I saw nothing and he spoke very low when addressing his dental assistant. With my audio-book on LOUD, and my eyes closed we began, and, it was a breeze. Yip, it was a breeze. He was so incredibly reassuring and comforting as the procedure that I finally relaxed and before I knew it everything was done. Aside from a little pinch from the freezing, which he had told me about before doing it, the procedure was painless. I CANNOT say enough good things about this Doctor. He has more bedside manner than I have seen in a long time and the ability to make you relax. What a gift. If you every read this Dr. Odai thanks a million.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2013 | flag

Friendly and efficient staff. Dr Odai put me at ease. Best part, was that I could actually see what he was doing. That explained a lot of the noise that I never liked. The root canal demands a steady hand, and he has it. His work is precise and his expertise was great. Would definitely go back if I need to.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2013 | flag

Dr. Odai seems technically competent but he has a poor chairside manner. He did not explain anything during the initial consultation and in fact left me alone for long periods of time while circling around performing examinations and even procedures on other patients: the business seems to be set up in an "assembly line" manner geared to maximizing the amount of work that can be done on the greatest amount of patients. He was indifferent to and even annoyed with my pain. During the root canal, the anesthetic wore off halfway through the procedure, causing me such agony I almost passed out, yet Dr. Odai didn't seem to believe me and only reluctantly administered more anesthetic. He then left me alone with my pain for another half hour while he attended to other patients,and gave no follow up instructions or even a "good-bye" when he finished. Not recommended for anyone uncomfortable with dental procedures, and certainly not for children - it could traumatize them for life.

Submitted July 2, 2013 | flag

Horrible treatment. I brought my child in for a procedure that required IV sedation. As she was being sedated I requested that a female be present. The sedation was not taking affect.Dr. Odai called me in and proceeded to argue with me on how offended he was by my request. This was taking place while my daughter was in the chair. She could hear me and started to call out to me and flail in the chair. Dr. Odai was argumentative, irate, and bullying in his behaviour. I told him it was not personal,that such a request was my policy. The anesthesiologist joined in and said that he had never received this request. I had to be very clear with Dr. Odai that this conversation could take place but not over my daughter. He eventually left the room saying he could not do the procedure. The anesthesiologist stayed with us (and a dental assistant) and later said that he supported our request. We will not return. We were charged for the anesthesiologist but no other cost was charged.

Submitted April 24, 2013 | flag

From the time you walk in you are greated by warm and friendly staff. They are quite knowledgable. The clinical staff is efficient and vewry kind. the entire experience was amazing to being able to view what Dr Odai was doing to the explanations of the the procedure. Good job

Submitted Dec. 5, 2012 | flag