Rate Dr. Louis Fourie Smith

Dr. Louis Fourie Smith's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Smith ever since he first came to the clinic and now he is the Director of the clinic. Initially he was very uprupt as I came in as a walk-in patient; however we have built up a very great doctor-patient relationship. I know that I can go to him with questions or concerns and he is not going to rush me through my appointment. He is not one to over-medicate or treat using medicine; very open to alternative therapies and options. He has built up the clinic and it now has an in-house psychiatrist which is a much needed benefit in that end of the city. I recommend this clinic to all my friends and although Dr. Smith doesn't generally take on new patients, I recommend him if they can get in.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2625391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Very rude! Don't know how he became a director of this clinic. Most young doctor are better than him. Not only attitude was bad, knowledge is very short too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2573972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2014

I am very thankful that I am lucky enough to be a patient of Dr. Smiths. He is an excellent doctor!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529892].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

Most of the time unaware as to why I was there, even though he told me to see him at that date. Too busy typing on his computor, not listening to me, seldom responding to questions. Good at saying, "Just listen to Dr. Smith"."Want to see you in three weeks". Followup, followup, followup, their favourite saying.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][49515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2013

Rude, dismissive, unprepared (does not even have the right charts ready - although that is his staff's fault) rushes through appointments. Disappointing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][49514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Smith for 6 or 7 years now. I find that he is not thorough with my concerns. He is too busy entering stuff in his computer rather than explaining to me what he is entering and what are his findings. When I ask what do you think is wrong or should do, he asks me to wait until he is finished typing and then just tells me to make a follow up appointment with the girls up front. I want a family doctor that will explain to me what he/she thinks is the problem and talk to me rather than type into a computer. Also, when I do go see him, he somehow brushes off my problem and makes me feel like I am looking for a medical issue. I feel belittled.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][49513].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2013

This guy has some issues. Very rude and inpatient, talk down at you. Don't bother going to him if you want any help, he clearly doesn't know the concept of a walk-in clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][49512].votes_count ]]