Rate Dr. Alim Devani

Dr. Alim Devani's Ratings

He was on time for the apt, as soon as I got in the room he came in about a minute later. I as referred to him for my moderate to severe cystic acne and I must say that he has helped me lots. He took the time to answers all of my questions that myself and my mom had. I'm now on Accutane and I couldn't be happier with the results. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2763198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

After waiting 30 minutes for our appointment, Dr. Devani was in and out of our appointment in under 30 seconds. Without introducing himself, he glanced at my 7 year old daughter's planters wart for barely a moment before ushering us off to the wart clinic. At the wart clinic a nurse, who also neglected to introduce herself to us, proceeded to zap my daughters foot with liquid nitrogen and laser treatments without any concern about my daughters tears.
The waiting room displays TV's which advertise skin treatments that I'd rather not watch. There are no magazines or anything at all for children.
Finally, after three laser, freezing nitrogen and blister treatments, my daughters wart didn't change at all - a total waste of time. The only benefit we gained by going to this clinic was the reference to the over the counter medication that finally helped. I wonder why they didn't just give it to us in the first place.
This clinic must help quite a few people, but for us it was a nightmare.
Four stars for the staff - they were polite and helpful. Two stars for punctuality. One star for helpfulness - that is for the over-the-counter medication they finally recommended after their three treatments failed. One star for knowledge - there wasn't a moment when anyone stopped to explain anything to us, so I really can't comment about their knowledge.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2756177].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 24, 2015

I had the absolute worst time finding a doctor who could actually help me with my acne. I saw a number of doctors who seemed to keep telling me all the things that wouldn't work for me and offered nothing that would. Dr. Devani provided me with a plan of action within 10 minutes of my first appointment and gave me so much information to make sure my choices were informed and I could get the best results possible. He is very considerate and his schedule was very workable around my own very inflexible one. I really appreciated my experience at his practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2756146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Dr. Devani is a fantastic and supportive MD. Unfortunately, due to weird circumstances, I've had the pleasure to interact with way too many doctors over the last three years. Dr. Devani was almost the best (except for the surgeon who saved my life, twice : )
I ended up being referred to Dr. Devani 3 times over 2 years and actually chose to go back for some light, elective procedures because of the great experience.
Dr. D always is warm, thoughtful, and obviously cares about his patients. He makes a point to remember you and ask you about your life, in general

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2743501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

One of the main issues with Dr. Devani is his staff-other reviews have mentioned the wait to call in to speak with someone regarding an appointment or to simple book an appointment the wait is horrendous. You will wait over a half hour maybe even longer depending on the day. Dr. Devani is my second dermatologist I've seen and at other offices I've never had issues with waiting on the phone.
The second issue is that he rushes you in and out. While it is nice to be able to get in and out within 10 minutes it is also stressful. I felt rushed in explaining my skin issues and even forgot to bring some up because of what felt like a ticking clock. He seems to be very knowledgeable and well trained, but if you're looking for someone who is going to be thorough and take their time with you- then he's not the Doctor you're looking for. If you like to get in and out and don't feel the stress, then he's the Doctor for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Devani is a knowledgeable and friendly man. He was straight up and to the point which I found to be very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2721023].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

I arrived 5 minutes early, filled out the form, was brought to the examination room within a minute of handing my info in and Dr. Devani took less time then all that to diagnose the minor AK on my temple, treat it, give me some advice and a pleasant handshake. Seriously, in and out in 10 minutes, and all done so in a professional manner and a friendly atmosphere. I see he is rated #1 in the city and it is for good reason.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2685383].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

After my recent bad experience with a very money-minded, uncaring dermatologist, more eager to sell his laser treatment, I googled to look for the best dermatologist in Calgary and Dr. Devani's name came on top. Excellent bedside manners, very friendly and compassionate attitude and willingness to listen and knowledgeably respond. What a contrast from the one I saw recently in the SW who dismissed me in less than one minute. Dr. Devani's examination put my mind at rest that cancer was out of question.

His secretary, so professional, was a caring decent human being who scrambled to improvise me with a raised seat to accommodate my muscular dystrophy disability as I could not rise from usual ordinary chairs.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2657184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2014

Dr. Devani is a tremendously fine and talented doctor. He has the expertise and the knowledge. He has the treatments that work. He listens. He cares. He is very personable, friendly and easy to talk to, while always remaining completely professional. His care of my medical needs have been simply excellent - efficient, effective, comprehensive and correct . In my particular case, Dr. Devani was able to successfully treat a skin issue I had been miserably dealing with for over 10 years! I had seen several other doctors without ANY success whatsoever, until Dr. Devani started treating the problem. I am very happy and grateful to have found him as a doctor. He is the real deal and he will be my dermatologist...for life. (Staff are great too!)

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2654213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

Thanks Dr. Devani for your help with my fathers skin cancer and welcome back to Calgary. You really took the time to explain his condition and made the biopsy painless. Good luck with your career and I know you will be great!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2615296].votes_count ]]