Rate Dr. Alim Devani

Dr. Alim Devani's Ratings

After my recent bad experience with a very money-minded, uncaring dermatologist, more eager to sell his laser treatment, I googled to look for the best dermatologist in Calgary and Dr. Devani's name came on top. Excellent bedside manners, very friendly and compassionate attitude and willingness to listen and knowledgeably respond. What a contrast from the one I saw recently in the SW who dismissed me in less than one minute. Dr. Devani's examination put my mind at rest that cancer was out of question.

His secretary, so professional, was a caring decent human being who scrambled to improvise me with a raised seat to accommodate my muscular dystrophy disability as I could not rise from usual ordinary chairs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2657184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2014

Dr. Devani is a tremendously fine and talented doctor. He has the expertise and the knowledge. He has the treatments that work. He listens. He cares. He is very personable, friendly and easy to talk to, while always remaining completely professional. His care of my medical needs have been simply excellent - efficient, effective, comprehensive and correct . In my particular case, Dr. Devani was able to successfully treat a skin issue I had been miserably dealing with for over 10 years! I had seen several other doctors without ANY success whatsoever, until Dr. Devani started treating the problem. I am very happy and grateful to have found him as a doctor. He is the real deal and he will be my dermatologist...for life. (Staff are great too!)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2654213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

Thanks Dr. Devani for your help with my fathers skin cancer and welcome back to Calgary. You really took the time to explain his condition and made the biopsy painless. Good luck with your career and I know you will be great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2615296].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Devani by my family doctor to investigate a brown mole type mark on my left cheek. Dr. Devani did biopsy and two days later called me back to advise me that it was malignant invasive melanoma. He immediately referred me to the Tom Baker Cancer Centre and shortly thereafter the lesion was surgically removed at the Foothills Hospital. That was two years ago and since that time I have seen Dr. Devani twice a year to check for any recurrence. Dr. Devani has taken the time to explain my prognosis in detail and I am happy to say that I am cancer free. Although several doctors took part in my treatment it was Dr. Devani who made the diagnosis and for that I will be forever grateful.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2603665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2014

Dr.Devani was ourteus and identified me before performing surgery and made sure I was aware of procdure and later visit confirmed success

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

I took my daughter to Dr. Devani when she was 10 years old as she had very severe acne. Dr. Devani was extremely helpful. Initially I didn't want to go the medication route for her severe acne. Dr. Devani offered other alternatives to improve her acne. We eventually did try the medication route it did help. She was on medication for a short time period then we went back to other methods to continue to treat the acne. Eventually he did end up doing some laser therapy on her. I am extremely happy to say that my daughter's acne is now clear and has minimal scarring. I strongly believe that his effective treatment helped prevent severe scarring. It has remained clear for 6 months using proper skin care methods. I highly recommend Dr. Devani. He helped my daughter feel better about her self. I can't thank him enough!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2594657].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2014

Dr. Devani is wonderful. I didn't wait long at all, he has vast knowledge about how to treat me. He actually take time to talk and figure out what's the best coarse of action. I would recommend him to anybody.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2591565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Dr. Devani is a highly-skilled physician and overall outstanding individual. He is very caring and treats patients with the utmost respect. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Dr. Devani recently saw me for melanoma surgery and asked me to rate my experience. I have to say he's a nice guy and likes what he does. He talked to me about the stresses of being a doctor these days and the demands of patients and tries to focus on skin cancer as most patients are generally happy to have their cancers cut out. He's never sold me any cosmetic treatments as he says their are better cosmetic doctors next door for this and is mainly focused on treating skin cancer and rashes. He's a busy doc and wait times might be long but he's awesome at what he does. I see him yearly for skin checks and will continue to do. I'm happy to rate you as great, DOC!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2589517].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

I've gone to Dr.Devani a few times for a couple of issues and he was the only Doctor that was actually able to help me. He is very knowledgeable in his area of study and is sure to explain all possible outcomes as well as your options to you. He is a great doctor and was super beneficial, with a great attitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2589249].votes_count ]]