Rate Dr. Alim Devani

Dr. Alim Devani's Ratings

I attended an appointment with Dr. Devani regarding rosacea and acne. He came into the room abruptly and quickly told me that there were few treatment options and that laser treatment was my best option. I asked about other topical treatments and he was very negative emphasizing the need for laser. I asked if he had any literature on laser and he said "most people know they can just find that online". My rosacea is very minor and he kept emphasizing how it will get worse. I have been to several dermatologists in the different cities I have lived and have never had someone act so negatively towards me. I was left feeling like all he cared about was pushing his expensive laser treatment and not about discussing other options with me. This was a really disappointing experience and I would not recommend this doctor. I found him rude and patronizing and left feeling quite upset which has never been my experience with other dermatologists.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

Had a nice experience on my visit today. I had a bad mole on my back and he removed right away. I didn't wait long and was out in 15 minutes. It's a busy office but very efficient. Thanks for a nice experience.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2014 | flag

Dr. Devani is simply amazing. He helped me clear up a skin issue prior to my wedding last year and throughout the whole time he was very committed. I had seen other doctors that seemed uninterested and just wanted to get paid, Dr. Devani is not like that, he cares for his patients and makes sure all concerns are handled. I would recommend him to everyone.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2014 | flag

To whom it may concern, I would like to provide feedback with a recent experience I had. I have had a mole for some time but it had recently changed. I went to my GP, Dr.M.Derakhshan and she referred me to The Institute for Skin Advancement. This particular clinic does not require an appointment for urgent cases. It is drop in from the hours of 0800-1100. I went to the clinic the next morning after seeing my GP. I was welcomed in, asked to fill out a brief form and Dr.Devani came to the waiting room and introduced himself. I was taken to a treatment room where the mole was examined then removed. I was requested to return in 3 weeks for the results. This whole process took maybe 7 minutes. This is access to healthcare. I am grateful for innovative doctors who attempt to problem solve with our crippled healthcare system. I recall that specialist were similarly available in a drop in fashion at the the Calgary General Hospital many years ago.

Submitted Sept. 8, 2013 | flag

My personal experience with Dr. Devani was pleasant, all his staff are very friendly and helpful/very knowledgeable in their field of work. Prompt on time. Exceptionally patient. I asked a few questions and took his time explaining them. I certainly will recommend friends or family to him anytime. Very happy with overall service! A+++

Submitted Aug. 26, 2013 | flag

My familly doctor refered me to see this devani.. I took my 2 years medical reports with me.. But devani did not bothered to check those reports.. he just recomend me one cream for my acne for next 3 months.. after 3 months i went back without any positive results.. he said now he can not do anything .. Sorry..WTF...???

Submitted Aug. 9, 2013 | flag

Dr. Alim Devani was very helpful and cured my child. Our family is so happy with his health and results from the medicine he prescribed. He is very knowledgeable and we are so thankful for him. He is the best doctor I have ever seen.

Submitted July 13, 2013 | flag

Dr. Devani was very helpful with my son's acne problem. His Accutane treatment worked! He is very courteous and punctual. He takes the time to stress the importance of watching his cholesterol level during the treatment. Very nice doctor and quite professional!

Submitted May 25, 2013 | flag

I saw Dr D twice for scar revisions on my face. Both times he did an impeccable job. He is a fantastic doctor with great skill, knowledge and bedside manner. He and his staff are all truly caring for patient needs and concerns and I would not hesitate sending anyone I know to see him! Thank you Dr Devani, you made me feel so much better about my appearance and myself!

Submitted May 12, 2013 | flag

Dr Devani has always been on time - if not a few minutes early. He is present in his patient care, something a lot of doctors are not. I would highly reccomend him!

Submitted May 6, 2013 | flag