Rate Dr. Alim Devani

Dr. Alim Devani's Ratings

I've been with him for over a year and though our monthly meetings were short, they were very helpful and informative on how to treat my acne properly. Here we are months later, and my skin has cleared up very nicely

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2536251].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

Awesome - I saw Dr Devani, and although my apt was short (probably under 10 mins), he cleared up a long standing issue I was having. I had a tiny bump on the temple of my head, my GP told me was a cyst, she would have cut it out, but it was facial, so she referred me to a Dermatologist. My wait was probably about 6 weeks to get in.

After seeing Dr Devani (no wait for my apt), I think I was his first apt of the day - he confirmed it was not a cyst at all; but rather a blood vessel. That explains why everything I tried at home to get rid of it - did nothing. Finally, an answer!

And thank goodness I did not let my GP near that. He told me if he cut it, it would bleed like no tomorrow. My only complaint is that I was not really left with any treatment options - those I have had to find out myself, but I was extremely satisfied to have had an answer to something other doctor's had looked at, and got wrong.

I would return to this clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2515194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

He has zero interest in treating acne. Spent majority of appointment excitedly telling me about sewage leaking from the ceiling in their cosmetic clinic, unprofessional. He did not want to spend any time informing me about acne, scar, or cyst treatment options and when pressed for an opinion just said generalizations. The skin pigmentation issue that I was very concerned with he disregarded as something that just happens to women and is common with no explanation. When pressed for treatment options he just said peels and to continue with the retin-a I've been on for years with GP. He was attempting to be charming but I just would never recommend him as he was dismissive of all my concerns and provided no new information.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2514914].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

I attended an appointment with Dr. Devani regarding rosacea and acne. He came into the room abruptly and quickly told me that there were few treatment options and that laser treatment was my best option. I asked about other topical treatments and he was very negative emphasizing the need for laser. I asked if he had any literature on laser and he said "most people know they can just find that online". My rosacea is very minor and he kept emphasizing how it will get worse. I have been to several dermatologists in the different cities I have lived and have never had someone act so negatively towards me. I was left feeling like all he cared about was pushing his expensive laser treatment and not about discussing other options with me. This was a really disappointing experience and I would not recommend this doctor. I found him rude and patronizing and left feeling quite upset which has never been my experience with other dermatologists.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2494734].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Had a nice experience on my visit today. I had a bad mole on my back and he removed right away. I didn't wait long and was out in 15 minutes. It's a busy office but very efficient. Thanks for a nice experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2468151].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

Dr. Devani is simply amazing. He helped me clear up a skin issue prior to my wedding last year and throughout the whole time he was very committed. I had seen other doctors that seemed uninterested and just wanted to get paid, Dr. Devani is not like that, he cares for his patients and makes sure all concerns are handled. I would recommend him to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][49939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2014

To whom it may concern, I would like to provide feedback with a recent experience I had. I have had a mole for some time but it had recently changed. I went to my GP, Dr.M.Derakhshan and she referred me to The Institute for Skin Advancement. This particular clinic does not require an appointment for urgent cases. It is drop in from the hours of 0800-1100. I went to the clinic the next morning after seeing my GP. I was welcomed in, asked to fill out a brief form and Dr.Devani came to the waiting room and introduced himself. I was taken to a treatment room where the mole was examined then removed. I was requested to return in 3 weeks for the results. This whole process took maybe 7 minutes. This is access to healthcare. I am grateful for innovative doctors who attempt to problem solve with our crippled healthcare system. I recall that specialist were similarly available in a drop in fashion at the the Calgary General Hospital many years ago.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][49938].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2013

My personal experience with Dr. Devani was pleasant, all his staff are very friendly and helpful/very knowledgeable in their field of work. Prompt on time. Exceptionally patient. I asked a few questions and took his time explaining them. I certainly will recommend friends or family to him anytime. Very happy with overall service! A+++

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][49937].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2013

My familly doctor refered me to see this devani.. I took my 2 years medical reports with me.. But devani did not bothered to check those reports.. he just recomend me one cream for my acne for next 3 months.. after 3 months i went back without any positive results.. he said now he can not do anything .. Sorry..WTF...???

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][49940].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2013

Dr. Alim Devani was very helpful and cured my child. Our family is so happy with his health and results from the medicine he prescribed. He is very knowledgeable and we are so thankful for him. He is the best doctor I have ever seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][49936].votes_count ]]