Rate Dr. Aquaeno Ekanem

Dr. Aquaeno Ekanem's Ratings

I tried to see this doctor, but Wellpoint Medical clinic in Kingsway mall is so horrible, I ended up walking out. I made an appointment to 'meet and greet' this doctor the week prior. I waited over 30 minutes in the general waiting room, and as I was about to leave they called my name. The staff member informed me it would be at least another 10 minutes, if not more, waiting in the smaller room. I chose to leave, and will seek out a doctor's office that has respect for it's patients and their time. I would not recommend this doctor, or any doctor associated with such a poor clinic.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2651560].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Horrible doctor. Made a huge mistake by giving me two medications that should never been put together. May have resulted in lifelong neurological condition. He's never on time. Leaves patients sitting for hrs after their scheduled appointments. He actually fell asleep during a visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2195287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Superb doctor. Actually one of a few that totally cares about his patients. I'm totally impressed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][51733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2013

Depending on how quickly he talks, it is often very difficult to understand him due to his thick accent. He was negligent in calling me after test results showed a critical situation. I hadn't heard so I called to see if the results were in and was told that they had been reviewed and that they were normal and that I would have been called if they had not been normal. I booked a follow-up appointment anyway. At my appointment I learned that my results were far from normal. When I asked him why I didn't receive a call, he didn't answer me. I know he heard me. On three occasions, I have questioned Dr. Ekanem's ability to provide good medical advice. Although he is a kind, friendly man, I will not see him again; I need a doctor who I can rely on to provide good medical care. He did however provide helpful insight to my situation, which I feel I will need to have confirmed by another physician. My daughter has seen him once and found him to be helpful, although quite hard to understand.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][51732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

After being left high and dry by my family doctor of 25 years, I found this wonderful caring doctor 3 years ago. Dr. Ekanem listens to his patients concerns, and makes every effort to get to the bottom of problems. Had it not been for his persistence I would not have been diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea, by a sleep specialist. He sent me to the right people. He is not a pill pusher, so if its drugs your after he's not for you. If you are looking for a young wonderful caring individual, whos not afraid to go the extra mile, then I would suggest this doctor! He is unique in his people skills, something lacking in today's society.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][51731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

could not understand this doctor at all, very poor english. asked about a issue he told me stop doing the activity instead of actually helping me. waited in examination room for almost a hour before he showed up, totally useless doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][51734].votes_count ]]