Dr. Aquaeno Ekanem

5 1 2.4

You may also like

Rate Dr. Aquaeno Ekanem

Dr. Aquaeno Ekanem's Ratings

I had an awful experience at well point clinic. The receptionist was very rude and unprofessional . I waited 30 mins to see this Dr. And when he came in, he sat down slouched over his table, which i found very disrespectful and unprofessional just for him to look at it briefly and say I had ezcema. I had this skin condition for years after still and I was very skeptical to believe that it was just ezcema. So I went to a different Dr. And he told me it was not ezcema! I was finally given the right cream for my skin condition. Dr ekanem did not properly diagnose me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2807395].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Like a previous reviewer, he prescribed a family member two medications that should have not been mixed together. (Thank goodness for the pharmacist at Shoppers Drug Mart inside the mall). I saw him myself and he didn't listen to my concerns, it took me two different visits for him to finally send me for testing and when he did, he failed to specify what I needed done on the form (I made an appointment for imaging only to be turned away from the technicians because they didn't know what I needed). Obviously, I had to make another appointment and wait 90 minutes so I could have the form marked off properly.. I found a new doctor after he was careless with my relative's medication.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2799943].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I really wish I had read these reviews prior to visiting this doctor or Wellpoint Medical Clinic. I sat in the waiting room for about 10min before I was called into the smaller room. I then sat for an hour and twenty minutes before walking out. When I stopped by the front desk, they didn't apologize or offer any sort of explanation, instead asking only if I would like to reschedule. As this was a 'meet and greet' for a family physician, I chose not to waste my time and find someone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2775939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

A wonderful doctor who listens to his patients and has no fear in sending you for further testing if the need arises. Great family doctor who actually cares!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2764967].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

I tried to see this doctor, but Wellpoint Medical clinic in Kingsway mall is so horrible, I ended up walking out. I made an appointment to 'meet and greet' this doctor the week prior. I waited over 30 minutes in the general waiting room, and as I was about to leave they called my name. The staff member informed me it would be at least another 10 minutes, if not more, waiting in the smaller room. I chose to leave, and will seek out a doctor's office that has respect for it's patients and their time. I would not recommend this doctor, or any doctor associated with such a poor clinic.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2651560].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Horrible doctor. Made a huge mistake by giving me two medications that should never been put together. May have resulted in lifelong neurological condition. He's never on time. Leaves patients sitting for hrs after their scheduled appointments. He actually fell asleep during a visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2195287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Superb doctor. Actually one of a few that totally cares about his patients. I'm totally impressed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][51733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2013

Depending on how quickly he talks, it is often very difficult to understand him due to his thick accent. He was negligent in calling me after test results showed a critical situation. I hadn't heard so I called to see if the results were in and was told that they had been reviewed and that they were normal and that I would have been called if they had not been normal. I booked a follow-up appointment anyway. At my appointment I learned that my results were far from normal. When I asked him why I didn't receive a call, he didn't answer me. I know he heard me. On three occasions, I have questioned Dr. Ekanem's ability to provide good medical advice. Although he is a kind, friendly man, I will not see him again; I need a doctor who I can rely on to provide good medical care. He did however provide helpful insight to my situation, which I feel I will need to have confirmed by another physician. My daughter has seen him once and found him to be helpful, although quite hard to understand.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][51732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

After being left high and dry by my family doctor of 25 years, I found this wonderful caring doctor 3 years ago. Dr. Ekanem listens to his patients concerns, and makes every effort to get to the bottom of problems. Had it not been for his persistence I would not have been diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea, by a sleep specialist. He sent me to the right people. He is not a pill pusher, so if its drugs your after he's not for you. If you are looking for a young wonderful caring individual, whos not afraid to go the extra mile, then I would suggest this doctor! He is unique in his people skills, something lacking in today's society.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][51731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

could not understand this doctor at all, very poor english. asked about a issue he told me stop doing the activity instead of actually helping me. waited in examination room for almost a hour before he showed up, totally useless doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][51734].votes_count ]]