Rate Dr. Andrew B. Silva

Dr. Andrew B. Silva's Ratings

Two of my children have been patients of Dr. Silva for about 11 years. Dr. Silva's office closed for awhile due to legal problems but they reopened and I brought my 8 year old son in to have his "T" tube evaluated. I learned he needs surgery, but it is not possible to make surgery appointments in the office. You have to call the scheduler and leave a message. I left several messages and even called the front desk and left a message there. This process started in early October 2013. None of my calls were returned. I finally went into the office to speak to someone. I was told that they were understaffed and that the scheduler had been filling in up front. They brought out my son's file and put a sticky note asking that I be called that afternoon. I left my home and cell numbers. I wasn't called. I called back on 19 Nov and spoke to the office manager (Leah K.). She was rude and unapologetic. The administration of Dr. Silva's office is terrible. I recommend finding a dependable office.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2013 | flag

Dr Silva is the best doctor for children and adults. He cares about his patients and takes the time to educate his patients and takes the time to answer questions. He is very knowledgable and takes the conservative approach to treating illnesses. My son did wonderfully under his care when he got ear tubes. Later on, my son got diagnosed with parotitis which is a rare condition. He ordered multiple blood tests to make sure it wasn't anything very serious based on family medical history. Dr Silva is the only doctor I know who really takes the time to understand the symptoms before coming up with treatment options. I am impressed with his practice. The only compliant I have is his front desk staff. They are not very friendly, however I believe it is because they are under pressure with phone calls and checking in/out patients with no breathing room. Thus is truly a good thing because everybody that lives in the Loudon county & fairfax county area wants to see Dr Silva!

Submitted July 18, 2013 | flag

I just recently had sinus surgury 4 days ago with Dr.Silva. I haven't had my follow up yet, so I'm not sure wether or not the surgury worked. But I can tell you one thing, Dr.Silva is fantastic. I had a bit of nausea after the surgury and he personally called to check if I was ok. If thats not caring I dont know what is. I'm eger to see the results Of the surgury, the recovery is a bit brutal. Wish me luck!

Submitted April 9, 2011 | flag

The receptionist was unfriendly. Dr Silva just liked to hear himself talk. For a Ped. ENT you would think he would be a little more compassionate (both to his patients and the patients parents). Very one sided. The first questions we were asked were "How much does he weigh and where do you fill your prescriptions". Antibiotics and surgery are the only options coming out of this office. Get second opinions and know your options.

Submitted March 29, 2011 | flag

Clean office, helpful staff, comfortable environment. Physician and staff are very good with children.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2010 | flag

Dr Silva is a very knowledgable physician. He performed a uvulectomy and sinus surgery. I would highly recommed him.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2010 | flag

I took my son to see Dr Silva for breathing difficulty. Mt son was placed on antibiotics for an infection in the sinus and nose spray and allergy pill. I cam back in 2 weeks to follow up with no improvement. i was referrred to get allergy testing and a 3 week course of antibiotics. Dr Silva was getting to be off for the summer, he made sure that my son was taken care of before he left. We followed up and still no improvement so he scheduled us for an adenoidectomy right away so my son would be healed before he left. i cant say enough how greatful i am to have a physcian who actually takes thier time and sinceraly cares about his patients.

Submitted July 7, 2010 | flag

Went to Dr. Silva for swallowing difficulties and chronic congestion. He diagnosed a deviated septum and suggested surgery. Since I had received a completely different diagnosis from another ENT I was not eager to rush into surgery without a little more investigation, so he put me on a nasal spray and told me to come back in 6 weeks. When I came back, he had no recollection of who I was and basically told me that if I wasn't going to have him do surgery I should just go find an allergist. Not much help and didn't seem interested in making sure the problem he quickly diagnosed was the actual problem.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2010 | flag

In contrary to the below, I went to Dr. Silva's office for a hearing test, the numbers came back and there was reason for concern. Dr. sent me for a full brain scan to be able to rule out any issues that might be impeding on the ear canal or eardrum. I immediately went to have the scan, after the results were back, a mass was found in my brain. I was the most thankful person to Dr. Silva in that he takes every precaution to rule out other issues. Thankful that he sent me to get the scan, otherwise I would never had known that I have a mass in my brain that affects the top of my spine. Dr. Silva should be known as an excellent doctor and person. I truely feel he conducts his business accuratly and with the upmost concern for the patients wellbeing.

Submitted Feb. 17, 2010 | flag

Have been with Dr. Silva for a long while. He has placed 2 sets of tubes for my daughter and she is in need of a yet another. Dr. Silva started out great, but over time we have become a number not a patient. He is too busy to listen, to explain, to read charts before entering the room and too busy to return phone calls. On one occasion we thought my daughter was reacting to an antibiotic he had prescribed.... after 3 phone calls to his office over two days I had to call another doctor for help. He never did return these calls! Most recently Dr. Silva ordered a xray of my daughter's sinus to help detect a possible sinus infection. After 2 phone calls a day for a week to his office looking for the results, I threatened to find another ENT. He called me back to let me know that she did indeed have a sinus infection and she needed to be on a 3 week course of antibiotics. He allowed my daughter to go through Christmas sick with no medication. We will be finding a new ENT!

Submitted Dec. 29, 2009 | flag