Rate Dr. Steven Dommann

Dr. Steven Dommann's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Dommann for several years and he has always been a caring doctor who takes the time to listen and offers the latest in treatment options. He takes me seriously and I wish all doctors were more like him. His secretary is also very warm and friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Dommann, even if you have to wait several months to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2195618].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

I suffered from what I now know are migraines for somewhere between 6 or 7 years because my family doctor doesn't listen and assumed I must be anaemic being a vegetarian. I finally forced her to allow me to see a neurologist (which by the way she almost refused to do even after misdiagnosing me for 7 years). So at this point I was pretty disappointed in our medical system and upset with our doctors. Dr.Dommann was able to diagnose me right away, and we started treatment immediately. He was extremely kind, and educated. He is that perfect mix of genuine and kind while also being extremely intelligent and well versed in his field. Because of him my migraines are manageable and I'm back to living a more normal life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][53191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2014

Best neurologist ever! I am currently seeing Dr. Dommann for a concussion, ICH, and severe migraines, and I can honestly say he is the nicest, most caring doctor I have seen. He even came to Burnaby General all the way from North Van after I had my lumbar puncture to give me info on what had just happened to me, and has continued to monitor me since. I've also had ZERO problems with his receptionist. She is awesome! She has always squeezed me into an earlier appointment, and is very helpful with putting my paperwork and next appointment together as I have an extremely hard time remembering these things nowadays. 5 stars!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][53190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2014

Really easy to talk to! Very current in research for explanations and treatments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][53189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2013

I found Dr Dommann a very nice man and a very good Doctor as for his staff I would rate her as not being helpful, abrupt and hated going in there or calling her on the phone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][53188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2013

Dr is excellent...his receptionist is not. I hesitate to call the office because of her. If she has been unpleasant with you, don't take it personally...that is just how she is. Sad, really.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][53187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

I'm very glad to have been treated by Dr. Dommann because he successfully diagnosed a condition that had eluded other doctors. During several visits, he was always friendly, exhibited great patience when I was having trouble expressing myself, and spoke to me in manner that was clear and easy to understand. Then, after I began treatment, he followed up to make sure that I was receiving the proper care. The only issue that I had was with his receptionist. She is efficient, but can be abrupt. Listening to her browbeat other patients can make things tense in the waiting room.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][53186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

I arrived at ER during Dr Dommann's oncall weekend and kept him busy for the next 10 days. I was in a terrific amount of pain and quite dehydrated, with no idea what could be causing the symptoms. Over the next days Dr Dommann tried a multitude of different approaches...all conservative and well-thought out choices in my opinion. He was called often by the hospital nurses and responded promptly ~ and attended regularly. Despite a very busy home/work load, he still found time to check in to the hospital each day to monitor care. He is a very gentle, kind man, very knowledgeable and with a great deal of experience. I am very grateful for his conscientious and competent care and consider myself very lucky to be under his care, although I would much rather not be having these health issues. I consider Dr Dommann to be an exceptional doctor and give him cudos for excellent patient care. Thank you Dr. Dommann!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][53185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

One of the nices Dr. I have ever seen. He is relaxed, listens, and very helpful. I had my WCB case worker, tell me she spoke to Dr. Dommann, so I would do as she requested. After confirming with his staff, he never talks to insurance company's, I sent him the memo from WCB with the lie. Dr. Dommann called me that evening to assure me he has never speken to anyone from WCB, and never would. He also wrote a letter to WCB, which confirmed I was not able to do what they asked of me. It's such a nice change to go to a Dr. who cares.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][53184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2013

very pleasant, kind, helpful and knowledgable doctor. thank you

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][53183].votes_count ]]