Rate Dr. Steven Dommann

Dr. Steven Dommann's Ratings

Dr. Dommann is caring and thoughtful. His receptionist is not. She is rude ("It's not my job to call and remind you of your appointment") unhelpful (phone calls unreturned, even when left by a pharmacist), and obstructionist. She is in the wrong line of work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2690079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

Great Doc but admin staff could use a customer service check

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2677428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

Doctor is very kind and helped me deal with my diagnosis. His secretary is lovely. I have witnessed her being abrupt to a patient but this patient also had an attitude. She just doesn't take any guff. I find her quite refreshing. Suggestion. Leave attitude at the door.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2645116].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2014

I would rate doctor Steve Dommann as a five star neurologist. He is smart, kind, attentive to his patients, very caring. He takes time to explain and listen. The nurses at Lyons Gate also told us we were very lucky to see doctor Dommann as he is excellent. As his secretary, I am very surprise she works for him as I find her very rude, totally unprofessional an ZERO helpful. A shame as doctor Dommann represents the exact opposite as his staff. I have over 20 years of experience in customer service mostly as entrepreneur and 10 as an executive assistant of high ranked executives for International companies; based on my experience I can say that this lady should be doing a different kind of work. People that go see a neurologist most likely have enough stress in their life, they do not need to deal with her.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2570069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Dommann for several years and he has always been a caring doctor who takes the time to listen and offers the latest in treatment options. He takes me seriously and I wish all doctors were more like him. His secretary is also very warm and friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Dommann, even if you have to wait several months to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2195618].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

I suffered from what I now know are migraines for somewhere between 6 or 7 years because my family doctor doesn't listen and assumed I must be anaemic being a vegetarian. I finally forced her to allow me to see a neurologist (which by the way she almost refused to do even after misdiagnosing me for 7 years). So at this point I was pretty disappointed in our medical system and upset with our doctors. Dr.Dommann was able to diagnose me right away, and we started treatment immediately. He was extremely kind, and educated. He is that perfect mix of genuine and kind while also being extremely intelligent and well versed in his field. Because of him my migraines are manageable and I'm back to living a more normal life.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][53191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2014

Best neurologist ever! I am currently seeing Dr. Dommann for a concussion, ICH, and severe migraines, and I can honestly say he is the nicest, most caring doctor I have seen. He even came to Burnaby General all the way from North Van after I had my lumbar puncture to give me info on what had just happened to me, and has continued to monitor me since. I've also had ZERO problems with his receptionist. She is awesome! She has always squeezed me into an earlier appointment, and is very helpful with putting my paperwork and next appointment together as I have an extremely hard time remembering these things nowadays. 5 stars!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][53190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2014

Really easy to talk to! Very current in research for explanations and treatments.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][53189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2013

I found Dr Dommann a very nice man and a very good Doctor as for his staff I would rate her as not being helpful, abrupt and hated going in there or calling her on the phone.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][53188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2013

Dr is excellent...his receptionist is not. I hesitate to call the office because of her. If she has been unpleasant with you, don't take it personally...that is just how she is. Sad, really.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][53187].votes_count ]]