Rate Dr. John Engle

Dr. John Engle's Ratings

Probably the worst doctor I have ever dealt with. He dismisses things as being trivial, when in fact major things are wrong. I had 2 knee surgeries in 2002 and have been having knee pain for the past couple years. I am young and very active. He told me that I just needed to do some exercises. I went back a month later with the same complaints. He finally budged to give me an MRI referral, but just for one knee. (Both were hurting though!) He forgot to submit the referral and I had to call 4 times to remind them to submit it. This took 3 months. The MRI showed torn ligaments. I went to see an ortho surgeon who advised me I had torn ligaments in both knees. He questioned why I only had a referral for one MRI. The surgeon then gave me a referral for the other knee. I had to wait months to just get both knees diagnosed. Such a waste of time. Find another doctor! If you are really sick, it will take forever to get something for it and you could die waiting for a diagnosis from this doctor.

Submitted July 25, 2014 | flag

Hands down the worst doctor and support staff that has ever been subjected on the poor people of Kincardine.

Submitted June 24, 2014 | flag

Overall I think he is knowledgeable and never rushes you out of the room. He isn't quite as comforting as some doctors I've had in the past and but he will give you the answers you seek. His biggest weakness seems to be his support staff who are completely incompetent. You have to follow-up with any lab tests, referrals etc. arriving and leaving his office as his staff cannot be depended on to do their job. They will even call the wrong people regarding appointments which is a gross breach of confidentiality. Sadly that makes Dr. Engle look bad but I don't know why he doesn't do something about it as it's a known fact in this tiny community and leaves Engle's patients feeling very insecure about the care they're receiving.

Submitted June 19, 2014 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Engle's since he arrived in Kincardine and have always found him to be knowledgeable, thoughtful, thorough, friendly and caring. He always takes the time to talk, shows interest and never makes me feel rushed or that anything is unimportant or trivial. He is always "present" and not distracted, keeps detailed, accurate electronic records and follows up with tests and referrals if/as necessary. I'm confident in him and happy to have him as my doctor.

Submitted April 10, 2014 | flag

went to ER with broken ankle. Said i would have to go to owen sound to see a surgeon,stated h would make the arrangements and his office would contact me with appointment. after calling his office several times regarding broken ankle, Dr.Engle's office called and gave info on who to see at the Owen sound hospital. Arrived in Owen Sound at 7am as advised by Dr Engles office. Waited until 11am when my husband said we needed to find out what was going on. Owen Sound Staff advised that i was not on their appointment list and the Dr we mentioned was not even in the hospital that day. This was 8 days after the brakage. I saw a Dr. Adlington who was a surgeon,when he undressed my foot and saw my angle he was clearly taken by surprise that i had waited so long to see a surgeon about my foot. He performed surgery within an hour and i can go one regarding a combined injury from this one. but not enough space

Submitted Feb. 27, 2014 | flag

He appeared OK when I first met him. Reasearch the REAL reasons he left Big Island of Hawaii. Find out the REAL reason he fled tje small tropical island of Molokai. DO NOT inquire through other doctors in Hawaii. Doctors seem to stick togather. His methods changedy life forever! I am still suffering and the damage cannot be reversed. It does surprise me that he is in Canada. kI wonder if he can even 'practice in the US. I should have sued him. Please do your best. Ask him WHY he left Hawaii. Just my opimion, but if his are moving he is lying.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2014 | flag

has always been very accessible for me. calm and yet has experience to not jump on bandwagon on every new thing

Submitted Oct. 1, 2013 | flag

Dr. Engle is downright scary. A family member was under his care in the emergency department for a severe broken arm and knee. After asking twice for an x-ray of the knee, he refused both times, claiming it was just bruised. My mom was to go to Owen Sound for emergency surgery on her arm; hospital was full and couldn't take her. His response was "Oh well"; and told me that I would have to drive my mom home (we were at a cottage; home is 3 hours away) and he would sling her arm. How he expected me to drive a 76 year old diabetic with a "arm that snapped like a hockey stick" is beyond me; I fought and we paid for an ambulance. When we returned home, we also found that her knee was fractured and if we had driven her home she would have most likely gone into cardiac arrest, according to the hospital staff in our home town. VERY SCARY; he should not be practicing medicine due to both his lack of knowledge, not to mention that he couldn't have cared less.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2013 | flag

Wow, previous comment appears to be unfair and maybe even a bit anti-american. Dr. Engle has always been extremely thorough, knowledgeable, on time and human. Kudos to you for using technology to your advantage. What a great resource to have today! We are lucky here in Kincardine to have recruited a good doctor like Dr. Engle!

Submitted March 14, 2013 | flag

Went to emerg and he was the dr. working that day. He took his time answering my questions and really explained what was going on. Nursing staff had me in the room right away and I didn't even wait 10 min before the Dr. came in.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2012 | flag