Dr. Smriti Nalwa

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 25/11/10    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Smriti Nalwa has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 1534201
10/09/11 4 3 1 1 In-sensitive and In-competent. She does not have enough complete experience of all issues that may arise during pregnancy. Her intrepretation of tests results are as good as any kid who knows to read. Please..don't go by just websites or a fellow recommendation..I certainly know that personal experience varies..but try to see how many years has the doc been in this..before choosing one...Our experience. With this one has been very stressful and bad one.
RID: 1525993
30/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Nalwa is an wonderful lady,She was very caring through out my pregnancy and during the labour. she makes you comfortable even at high risk. Over all she is a wonderfull doctor and we love her. I would 100% recommend her for your pregnancy.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1083196

19/01/10 3 3 3 3 Its very difficult to schedule an appointment.i will get the appointment only after 30days.i dint get the appointment on correct date what they have scheduled.its very horrible..more patience will be needed to get the appointment. waiting time will be 10 to 15 mins.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 974034
27/08/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Nalwa delivered my baby in May. I must say she is excellent. She listens to her patients very calmly. She is knowledgeable and really cares for her patients. Her staff is very courteous.
RID: 924525
29/06/09 5 5 5 5 I was in emergency on a Saturday at 11:30 PM. I Messaged Dr Nalwa and she was on call till 3:30 taking care of me and talking to the ER Doctor about all the test, She is amazing !
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 694386
01/10/08 5 5 5 5 I was in Dr Nalwa's care during my pregnancy and delivery. I was a high risk patient due to gestational diabetics and also had issues with uterine fibroids but Dr. Nalwa took great care throughout my pregnancy. She was always positive and that kept me very positive. Eventually, just couple of weeks before my due date an emergency situation arose and Dr. Nalwa handled everything extremely well. I underwent an emergency C-section and she was there for me; she actually held me during the epidural. The baby was fine and everything went well. I trusted her with my pregnancy and delivery completely and I knew she did all the right things, made timely decisions and was very stable and positive. She is wonderful and yes so is her staff.  Respond
RID: 634631
09/07/08 5 5 5 5 Great doctor and front desk staff (Linda). Many of her other patients just love her--I found it during my Lamaze classes. Best thing-- she is attached to three different hospitals in So. Bay. O'Connors, Good Sam and El Camino. Responds well during emergency (I was in that situation twice)--one time that took her a little longer to respond, she was in an emergency surgery, but I left a message and called again, and she responded as soon as she was free. She then made a special trip to the hospital on weekend to see that I was alright. The best thing is that she is very well respected in all three hospitals and she will always think about her patients safety and comfort first. Love her.
RID: 506709
07/02/08 5 5 5 5 Dr Smriti Nalwa listens very carefully and answers every question in detail. She keeps you informed in detail for all complete treatment plan. She is very fast and punctual to return calls.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 463115
12/12/07 4 4 5 5 When I went to her office, I was not sure whether I was taking the right step but the moment I met this doctor all my doubts were cleared. She spent time listening patiently. She is very caring and personable (a rare quality for ob/gyn's), gave excellent advice, and I found her extremely knowledgeable. Excellent doctor overall. I will update the review after my delivery again ;)
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 431162
18/10/07 5 5 5 5 I met Dr. Smriti only once, but she was so willing to listen to my problems and clarify them. She was very prompt in returning my calls and also she would check how i was doing. I have met few other Doctors but nobody like Dr Smriti.  Respond
RID: 420660
28/09/07 4 5 5 5 She was very friendly.Cleared all my doubts with patience.I am happy that I selected her as my doctor during my first pregnancy.I never had to wait long to meet her.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 143024
15/02/07 3 5 4 If you want the gender of your baby to be a secret/surprise, this is not the doctor for you. She doesn't know how to note in patient's file "not to disclose baby's gender." Talk about letting the cat out of the bag. Also, if you call this doctor after hours on her cell, for legitimate reason being the care provider, good luck getting a return call back. Not sure what's up with that on not returning calls, but very disappointing.  Respond