Rate Dr. Houman Abtin

Dr. Houman Abtin's Ratings

Dr. Abtin was extremely careful to take time to thoroughly explain the detailed reasoning for the extent of work I needed, walking me through very clear x-rays, as well as guiding me through samples of successful treatments (before and after) of the same nature. He is incredibly knowledgeable, patient, kind, and genuinely expressed care, concern, and consideration. His front desk staff and dental assistant are also really thoughtful, kind, and knowledgeable. I strongly urge anyone in need a root canal to go straight to a root-canal specialist like Dr. Abtin from the start, as not all general dentists are able to finish root canals they begin (which was the case I encountered). There is no extra cost to go to a specialist, and, in fact, in the long-run it would've been more cost-effective and less-painful for me to have consulted Dr. Abtin from the beginning. I strongly recommend Dr. Abtin to anyone in need of a root canal. Please do yourself the favor of getting the proper treatment!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2472350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

I did not have a root canal done by him.In my short experience with him i found him to be very caring. My tooth had become sensitive to cold and he recommended that i should change my filling and that i did not need a root canal which actually did work. I would definitely recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2195951].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

I was referred to him by my family dentist because I was told that I had an extra root. He has very good bed side manner and he made me feel at ease. He seems like a good person and listened to my concerns. My tooth feels much better now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][55167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

I had a root canal done on an upper left molar with Dr. Abtin to treat an abscessed tooth. The procedure lasted about 1.5 hours, but he was very professional and asked me to raise my hand so he could stop if I felt the slightest bit of pain. I never did. Dr. Abtin explained every step of the procedure and never caught me by surprise. He always tells you what you are going to feel (vibration, heat, a poke, etc) before actually doing it. He also takes several x-rays at regular intervals to ensure everything is going to plan. He'll work with you to see how you can get the best coverage. A great doctor and if I ever need another root canal I'm definitely going to get it done with him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][55166].votes_count ]]