Dr. Gwenedd Pickett

Rate Dr. Gwenedd Pickett

Dr. Gwenedd Pickett's Ratings

Dr. Pickett saved my life last year. I had raptured brain aneurysm and she performed a surgery to fix it. She provided timely information to my family while I was at ICU. I've seen her twice for a follow up, and she answered all my questions, allowed sufficient time for conversation, she helped me deal with a different situation etc. She is kind, knowledgeable, caring, simply amazing person / specialist. Her staff is great as well, responsive to my needs and punctual. I can only Thank her very much!!!

Submitted July 10, 2014 | flag

Very helpful before my operation. After my operation saw her once in ICUs. During my 10day stay in hospital never saw her once. My operation was a failure so u would think I would see her but NOPE! my husband begged the nurses to speak to her to ask why I can't walk and speak but nope she wouldn't come and speak to us. Saw her for a for a follow up and she knew my operation was a failure ,she was nice to saw *im sorry* but never heard from her again. It's been over a yr now. Here it am sitting dealing with chronic pain with no help like I was swept under a rug. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER

Submitted Nov. 5, 2013 | flag

From the moment I met Dr. Pickett til my last checkup more than two years after my surgery she was patient, compassionate, and intelligent. She did a wonderful job, surgically, according to every other medical person who has seen my films or my head, and all the way through she took the time to answer every question I had and several I hadn't thought up yet and was supportive and clear with my parents while they went through some of the worst weeks of their lives. Years later when I called her office due to migraines she took the time to answer my questions and make recommendations though it wasn't her responsibility and no one would have held it against her had she just been too busy to bother. She can explain everything in medical jargon and translated to plain English. She was wonderful, start to finish. I would definitely recommend her to anyone needing brain surgery or a neuro consult.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2013 | flag

Heard Dr. Pickett was very good. Had a consult sent to her for my 26 year old son for debilitating back pain earlier this year - late winter. No response yet.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2013 | flag

Dr Pickett and her staff are amazing at what they do. The staff is highly organized and Dr. Pickett is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate about what she does. She truly cares for the patient. Dr. Pickett makes sure you are aware of the condition you are experience and fully explains any details surrounding it and the prognosis. I would recommend any Nova Scotian requiring a Neuro Surgeon be referred to Dr. Pickett. My only rating less than 5 is for "punctual". The fact is, she spends the time that is required with patients which sometimes puts her behind schedule. This low rating is only to set expectations and should be considered a positive attribute.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2013 | flag

Dr. Pickett is a FANTABULOUS doctor. I was quite pleased with her through and through. She knew everything and more, could answer all my questions beyond expectations, took the time to explain things, asked if I had any further questions and gave time to think and also asked my husband if he had any. Very pleasant, wonderful bedside manner, very thorough, passive, considerate, i could go on and on! You could not ask to see a better neurosurgeon. If you get a referral to this one you sure are a lucky patient indeed! Worth the fifteen min behind that she was :))))

Submitted July 26, 2012 | flag

Absolutley amazing for a specialist, not too long of a wait for an appointment, and she was very very close to meeting her appointment timing, maybe 5 minutes late.

Submitted June 12, 2012 | flag