Rate Dr. Jamie Bhamra

Dr. Jamie Bhamra's Ratings

Saw Dr Bhamra for first time for dry eyes. Preliminary testing by his assistant was done in a very rushed fashion. I had barely enough time to follow her instructions for her to perform tests. Felt like I was being churned through the system. Went to second waiting room which was full, and then quickly emptied in a half hours time by what must have been very brief exams by the Doctors. When I saw Dr Bhamra, he was very rushed and abrupt with me and didn't go over the results of the tests at all. Again, I felt turfed through the system. Granted, I only have dry eyes and it was the first visit, but I do expect some time to be spent with me to justify the health care dollars being paid to the Doctor and some individual care. I'll have a follow-up visit in a while, and I hope that the experience will be more satisfacory.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2014 | flag

Dr. Jamie Bhamra is a highly skilled, smart and compassionate eye specialist. I credit him for saving my vision and allowing me to life my life again. Thank you.

Submitted July 25, 2014 | flag

Best eye physician and doctor in Calgary! Very personable, professional and knowledgeable. His bedside manner is exceptional and a hard to find quality. Being a doctor myself, I am amazed with his caring and interest in his patients. Helped me with a combined cataract DSAEK procedure in both eyes. I see better, clearer and more vividly than I think Imever have in the distance. Thanks Dr. Bhamra, you truly are an exceptional ophthalmologist with a tremendous bedside manner and care for your patient. I am also very impressed by your international outreach work. Bravo to you in every way! If you are a patient go see Dr. Bhamra please.... You will be with a great individual and most blessed hands. God bless.

Submitted July 22, 2014 | flag

Saw him in RVH ER Dept. Dec/13. I was sent there by my GP after describing symptoms of "white, blanked out spots" in my only eye. The ER Dr. wasn't sure what was wrong and had me come back the next day to see the opth. on call,Dr. Bhamra (and his resident). All docs performed various eye tests. They dx'd me with "dry eyes" and gave me samples of drops and scolded me for not "blinking" enough! I had a f/up appt. in his office 2 weeks later and told him things were no better. He said I have very dry eyes & needed cataract surgery? (A previous exam 6 wks. earlier was clear for cataracts! 3 months later things got MUCH worse with my vision. I called my own opth. and I was dx'd with CVRO (a blood clot in my eye which had ruptured & hemorrhaged. I now have irreversible eye damage and have to undergo 6 mon. of chemotherapy to save what vision I have left. I have no vision in my left eye and if this experimental treatment doesn't work will be totally blind! Lawsuit pending.

Submitted May 2, 2014 | flag

Dr. Bhamra is great! He knows his stuff! He is always pleasant and understanding. I feel that he actually cares and will let me know if any medical advances can help me. Thanks Dr. J Bhamra. Sweet staff as well! I have been well taken care of!

Submitted Feb. 8, 2014 | flag

He is truly a gifted doctor. He can very highly recommended by my colleague and friend who he performed a corneal transplant on. She has had an amazing visual recovery. I have had an eye problem that for 10 years diagnosed as something else as a type of Glaucoma . He looked at my eye at and believed the cause was a virus. He actually tested my eye and confirmed this was so! How did he know by just looking?! He is an amazingly smart and caring ey doctor who has changed my life! He put me on treatment for 3 months and eradicated the virus. Now I use one drop twice a day and my eye pressures are normal! I used to use 5 drops 4 x day and other eye doctors were thinking of putting me on immunosuppression medication which could hurt my body. Dr Bhamra is a gift. He helped me and my friend in ways I cannot describe. Thank you so much!

Submitted Jan. 20, 2013 | flag

Excellent, knowledgeable and friendly. He diagnosed my problem quickly and provided me with a satisfactory solution.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2012 | flag

Best Opthalmologist in Calgary! I have complex eyes. He treated my eyes due to severe irritation I have had for years and made me comfortable when no one else could. He is so smart down to earth and reall friendly. Then he did cataract surgery on my eyes and I am 20/20 in both! I haven't seen or felt this good since I was 18 years old and now I am 69. I'm so happy!

Submitted Oct. 12, 2012 | flag

he did a cross linking surgery on my husband left eye, he is very paitient and friendly and knoweledgebale.

Submitted June 6, 2012 | flag