You may also like

Rate Dr. Dory Boyer

Dr. Dory Boyer's Ratings

Dr. Boyer has seen my daughter through two surgeries. He is awesome. Personable, easy going, brilliant. We highly recommend him. His receptionist Sara is helpful and sweet.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2702521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2015

can be moody, appt very brief, had injections of efflexor in my knee had allergic reaction, when I told him about this he said it was impossible, told him had hospital report. From that date on he was difficult to deal with, when ever I questioned anything he got dismissive with me and then once called me flat out that I was lying after that I had to have my husband come in with me to appt's to back me up in all conversations. Found out later from family dr that he wrote in his report to her "patient had allergic reaction to injections" even after calling me a lier. My patient/dr relationship started out ok but he is not my first choice for a specialist in this field, there is much better who take much more time with you and who have a way better bed side manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2687839].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2015

Was a complete waste of time. I was referred for help regarding my knee. The emergency room felt I have a torn meniscus. Dr. Boyer felts I should get anti-inflammatory medication and a referral to physio. No tests, no xray/mri/etc. Frankly, I could have received this level of care from a walk-in clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2673737].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2015

The front end girl (Sara) is really caring. I watched her sooth someone crying and was impressed with how sweet she was. Dr. Boyer is really friendly but his appointments are quick. come with questions prepared.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2611580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2014

Hurray for the new receptionist Sara. She's sweet and kind

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2607167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

Dr. Boyer recommended EFFLexor for a recurrent MCL injury and medium case of advancing osteoarthritis in my knee. Superb. The strategy was to also involve Fortis BC sports in physio and aqua therapy. While time intensive and expensive, it has proved well worth the restoration to my quality of life and range of activities recovered. Strongly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

When I first went to his office the rude receptionist was there, he replaced her and the new one is wonderful. She goes above and beyond and makes it as easy as possible. Dr Boyer is wonderful. He's to the point, very knowledge and likes you to ask about your concerns. He did a brilliant job on my surgery (acl reconstruction) and performed a microfracture which he found once inside which will saved me having to get a knee replacement down the road. Would recommend him to anyone. :)

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2505060].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

After reading the posts below I knew what to expect with the MOA and knew how to deal with her. Equally she knew how to deal with me as well seeing I am not the most compliant patient. Dr. Boyer was excellent and I have no doubt if I should need him again in the future I will see him again however he was not to informative with what to expect post op. he was unspecific with recovery times and what to expect, simply replying everyone is different. In the pay scale of people outside of surgeons world, it is important to give some idea. We understand everyone is different but do prepare a patient that recovery could take at least up to six weeks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][56164].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

Most people have commented on Nicole, the girl at the front desk. While I found her a little abrupt, she was quite helpful. I think reading these posts prepared me to reason with her and find a common thread. The new girl is very nice, she calmed my nerves and has been really helpful with scheduling. Dr Boyer is good because he shares his thoughts although they change quickly. During my post op appt he said my surgery wasn't involved and I shouldn't be having the level of pain that I was experiencing. In the next appointment he said it was a bigger surgery than anticipated (which I knew) and that I had to be patient and of course there would be discomfort. While I am very happy with the surgery he performed I feel like I am missing information whenever I leave his office. I am still in the recovery stage so he wants to continue to see me.I like that he is insistent on multiple follow ups to monitor my progress. Overall I am happy with the level of expertise and care I have received.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][56163].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

Sara (new girl) seemed to care, but the other staff member is one of the rudest, unhelpful front staff I've dealt with in my experience with doctors offices. Arrogant and unhelpful almost to the point of distracting from patient care. Doctor Boyer was thoughtful and asked good questions during the diagnosis. I did not feel rushed. Overall positive experience with him. I have to wonder if the 2 positive reviews written on the same date were written by the rude staff member.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][56162].votes_count ]]