Dr. SHARON M. LAUGHLIN

Grad. Year: 1984

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. SHARON M. LAUGHLIN has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5151659

07/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.9  Respond
RID: 3657086
15/01/14 3 1 2 4 I have been seeing Dr. L for 15 years, and I've HAD IT. My last appointment, I requested the last of the day so I could have her attention. I arrived at 4:15 as directed, and was put into a room after 1.50 hours, and there I sat for another half hour before she finally came in. She did not listen to my questions (as usual) and kept trying to refer me to a mental health clinic, which was NOT my problem.I have two very bad knees, for which I'd like to discuss knee replacement. Her response was that when I crawled in, she'd refer me. I do like her as a person, but I am not getting the medical care that I need, so I am looking to move.
Insurance: CIGNA
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "SHARON" to "SHARON M."

31/05/12 SYSTEM: combined ratings from Family / G.P. listing (DID: 24746)
RID: 1456915
03/06/11 1 1 4 4 Dr. Laughlin is nice and a good doctor, but the problem is that it's hard to get in to see her. I'm always in the waiting room for over an hour, and then wait in the exam room for another 30 minutes or so, and there's been about a 2 week wait every time I've made an appointment. Her office staff is unhelpful. When trying to get a referral recently, they first lost the paperwork, then told me she'd get to it the next day. When I called the next day, they told me that she had already left for the day and that she might get to it the following day, but no guarantees. Dealing with her staff and the wait times just make it too frustrating to have her as my doctor. I'm on this website now looking for a new one.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1233947
21/08/10 2 2 5 5 Expect to wait a long time. But, you will get her undivided attention when it's your turn.  Respond
RID: 1079883
15/01/10 4 2 4 5 She is very good when you finally get to see her. I am often there a couple hours before seeing her. Her office needs to schedule more carefully. I do like her and feel I get good service when I see her. I'm feel confident of her knowledge.
Insurance: Secure Horizons
RID: 862173
15/04/09 2 2 2 2 I'm so glad I'm not alone in this. I'm on here looking for a new Dr b/c I just can't take it anymore. I have so much to vent about, but let me start by saying, I have never met the Dr., I have only seen the PA. That being said, yes, plan on waiting for quite some time and I agree, the girls are NOT professional! Beyond that, I went in for a stomach ache, and they found gall stones and told me to have a surgery! I went online and figured out this is NOT the type of pain I'm having. I asked around, and it is stress induced IBS...NO SURGERY NEEDED! I would have had an unnecessary surgery! I also waited 1 WEEK to get a return phone call, when I had a question about my x-rays. I also had to wait 1 WEEK for a birth control prescription! I'm sorry but it DOES NOT take that long to sign your name and fax it over to the pharmacy! What if I had been running out??? I've had it! I'm on the hunt for a new Dr.!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 802740
28/02/09 3 4 5 5 Love Dr Laughlin. Not too thrilled with the office staff.It's unprofessional to hear the office girls gossip while your waiting in the room for the doctor to come in.  Respond
RID: 635480
10/07/08 2 1 3 3 the first two appointments i had, i waited 2 hours to be seen. the last appointment i waited an hour and a half. sharon is good when you see her but they do not return phone calls. i called them to tell them to call in my prescription because i was almost out of meds and it has been 4 days now and they still have not called the pharmacy. this happens all the time. i even had to make another appointment to see her because they would not call me back. if you call after 2pm they are closed. i am going to change doctors, this is unprofessional.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 542307
19/03/08 3 1 5 5 The office staff is always friendly when we go but they NEVER return calls.I had to make a special trip to speak to someone about a refill after no response for over a week.The Dr is great but very busy.She does give you her full attention when she's with you and doesn't make you feel like you're being rushed out.She's very understanding and gets right to the point.My family and I have been patients for over 5 years and even though it is now a drive of over 45 minutes, we will not change Drs.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 451769
28/11/07 5 2 5 5 Dr. Laughlin is a very busy lady with a huge practice, but once you get your time with her she is very attentive and an excellent doctor. I and my family will stay with Dr. Laughlin for as long as we can.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 346330
15/06/07 3 5 5 she is the best and most understanding dr. My husband and I have ever had.  Respond
RID: 233470
26/03/07 1 4 4 The long wait past my appt time was very annoying.Needs better scheduling. Once seen she was very good.  Respond
RID: 23807
26/02/06 2 5 4 gOOD dOCTOR SPENDS A LOT OF TIME WITH YOU BUT YOU DO HAVE TO WAIT IN THE WAITING ROOM A LONG TIME. nOT TO PLEASED WITH OFFICE STAFF  Respond