Dr. Johannes Louw

Rate Dr. Johannes Louw

Dr. Johannes Louw's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 23, 2014 | flag

I have been bounced from Psychiatrist to Psychiatrist my entire life and never had anyone get to the root of my mental health issues. I felt like I was one of the people who slipped through the cracks and lost their potential to a system that didn't care to fix my problems, only medicate me and send me away. Dr Louw is fun and jovial, he made me smile even on my bad days when I first started seeing him. Our first session he got down to work trying new treatments with me, by my 3rd session he had noticed a medication that *HE* didn't like the results of and changed it. By the 5th session I was a totally new person. He really is able to see in to a person and treat them not only according to what is wrong but also who they are and what they want out of life. He gave me my life back, if he hadn't stepped in, I likely wouldn't be here now, let alone more successful and authentic than I have ever been. He gave me back my future.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2014 | flag

Dr Louw is one in a million. I believe he has the ability to relate to just about anyone at his or her own level. He is kind, gentle, and knowledgable; at the same time, he helped me see the humor in many life situations. I'll miss you, Dr J, and I'll never forget you. Thanks for helping me find my life again.

Submitted Dec. 22, 2013 | flag

Dr. Louw is my psychiatrist. He is very good to me, his care goes behind his duty. He filled up my RAP-PD for my student loan for free without any charge. He is caring he reminded me to see my family doctor because aside from mental illness I also have breast cancer. Together with Marie Herbert my case manager they made up a team of caring professionals that try to cure mental illness. They are dedicated to their duties. Always ready to help very accommodating true public servants. We need professionals like them. Thank you Dr. Louw and thank you Marie.

Submitted Dec. 7, 2012 | flag

Dr. Louw is a good person. He is insightful and thinks deeply about the human condition. That is why I have found him so easy to relate to during my sessions with him. Dr. Louw has the maturity and experience to take time in formulating a diagnosis giving me the sense that I, as a patient, come before career goals and financial compensation. Through his up to date professional knowledge Dr. Louw has offered me a number of choices in pharmaceutical therapies. He is not brash, headstrong nor single minded. Rather I have found him to be open and accepting of individual peculiarities and life circumstances. Dr. Louw has been warmly welcoming regarding future support should I have such need. For that reassurance I am grateful. I have felt more engaged with life and more of an asset to my fellow man and woman because of the increased strength this kindly professional has given me.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2012 | flag

My son is a patient of Dr. Louw at the Surrey memorial hospital . We are so pleased our son has such a caring and knowledgable Doctor who is so easy to talk too and listens also. We have met many Doctors in our sons 52 years and I rate this Dr among the very best. If you need this kind of care and hopefully you won't, be assured you are in the best of care . Thank you Dr. Louw and also Dr. Hussein another top Dr. along with Linda a Health care worker .

Submitted Oct. 2, 2012 | flag