Dr. Moutasem Abaza

Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 29/07/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Moutasem Abaza has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dermatologist-related: skin disease, warts, acne, rash, dermatitis, skin tumors, moles, skin cancer, psoriasis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4785534

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.9  Respond
RID: 2605763
02/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Abaza is Amazing... He is a great doctor and always answers all my questions. He is also very cute, and the girls working in the office are all very helpful:)  Respond
RID: 2560113
14/02/13 5 4 5 5 Dropped my former derm. doc. to get on with Dr. Abaza. Very impressed from the start. He's very patient and caring (I require many more Lidocaine shots than normal). He salvaged my left ear lobe during a MOHS surgery, leaving it looking normal. He has "the bedside manner" you expect/want from a doctor. I expect to be a patient of his for some time to come. As for his staff (Palmdale and Ridgecrest offices), I can't say enough good about them. They all know me by name and are very personable. I highly recommend him!
Insurance: Tricare
Respond

28/04/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "Valencia" to "Pasadena"
RID: 1843103
03/04/12 4 4 5 5 very kind, caring Doctor. sometimes gets busy, everyone wants to see Dr Abaza since he's not always in Valencia, he travels to other locations. so whenever he's in Valencia, he is busy. but I'm fine with the extra wait to see him. very thorough and caring, which is hard to find in doctors nowadays
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1431522
03/05/11 5 5 5 5 The doctor trated me for a large basil carcenoma on the top of head. He allowed me to be comfortable by sitting-up rather than being prone. Also, between MOHS examinations he came and checked on me. Finally he gave good directions on post-operative care. In addition his staff was very personable and helpful. In addion he carefully did a couple of biopsies that were not too deep but showed either more minor cancer or just required freezing. -with this kind of doctor why go out of town,
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1301289
25/11/10 1 1 1 1 I walked into Dr. Abaza's Valencia office the other day and was treated like a second class citizen. First the entire front desk staff argued with me about my insurance and were extremely rude. It took me an hour to straighten things out with them. When I finally saw Dr. Abaza, he was uncaring about my issues. Though I told him that I had had many medications and treatments before, he prescribed the same medications, even though I specifically told him I had had them previously and they did not work. Nobody cares about you at that office unless you are getting cosmetic surgery of some kind and you look like a Barbie doll. Terrible place to actually take care of medical problems.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1284154
01/11/10 5 4 4 5 Dr. Abaza is a great skin Dr. he is helping me to reduce my many AK cells.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1116617
27/02/10 5 5 5 5 I see Dr. Abaza in his Palmdale office and I really like him. He's always very nice and helpful.So are all the staff that work there. He very definatly my dermatologist from now on!!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 815606
05/03/09 5 3 5 5 The wait was 20 min which was ok for me,a busy office tells me how good the doctor is! the doctor took his time to answer all my questions, he was very kind to me. the lab results took longer than expected but the office called me to appologize since it was the lab's delay. overall,, i had a good experience and i would go back
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 747414
20/12/08 3 2 1 1 i ask for a consultation and the receptionist said dr. abasa will be the doctor but when i went for my appointment it was a nurse who gave me the consult,that was so unprofessional but the nurse was very nice .i was so disappointed.  Respond
RID: 737449
05/12/08 3 1 4 3 Dr. was okay. Didn't see him until 30 minutes after my appointment time. Still waiting for lab results, and I feel as if I have gotten the run-around from the staff re: timing. First it was two weeks, now it's looking to be three weeks. Not fun to be left hanging when awaiting a skin diagnosis. Wouldn't go there again and would choose another doctor with a reasonable turnaround time, a week is reasonable, three weeks is ridiculous.
Paid (or co-pay): $250
RID: 701327
13/10/08 4 3 5 5 Dr Abaza is a good Doctor, i wasn't crazy about the other staff there but i had a good experience after all. he takes his time to answer all your questions.  Respond
RID: 49285

06/10/06 4 5 5 Dr. Abaza is my dermatologist!! after seeing him, no need to go to other doctors!! he did a wonderful job on me!!! thanks doc  Respond
RID: 42750
29/08/06 5 5 5 I had my lips done at Doctor Abaza, and had the best experience ever!!. He is very friendly and definetelty loves what he is doing!! i hardly felt ANY pain!! i would definetley refer all my friends to him!! he is the bestest doctor there is !! thank you doctor abaza, my lips look AMAZING!!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield