You may also like

Rate Dr. Maureen Grace

Dr. Maureen Grace's Ratings

I saw this "Dr." today. She told me straight out "I don't know" to a possible treatment for my ankle injury. She advised me to take 500 mg of Tylenol three times a day until I could see a surgeon. She is a quack and didn't really care of my issue. Her medical licence should be revoked! I went to her for a 2nd opinion so she asked me what the other doctor said and she said to go with what they told me. She's an absolute idiot and quack!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2755537].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Dr Grace was absolutely excellent, I showed up 3 minutes early and I didn't even get to take my coat off before I was called into the patient room, then less than a minute later Dr. Grace came in to help me. She was excellent, knew exactly what the problem was and had a solution for my elbow, highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2685770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

Very unpleasant experience. She had no interest in my problem. Leaped to a conclusion that was not supported by the results of the MRI. It is up to me to just push through the problem. But she wants to see me in two months. Was not able to articulate why I should come back for a follow up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2657084].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2014

In my over 50 years on this planet I have seen many doctors - this was the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor - dismissive, elitist, and condescending - I guess I was not young enough or athlete enough to be taken seriously by her in her sports medicine clinic. She barely even acknowledged that there was a problem - made me feel like I was making it up - a hypochondriac - fortunately another orthopaedic surgeon treated the condition that was dismissed by her. I can not understand how she is allowed to practice - isn't there something in the Hippocratic oath that requires at least due diligence in the treatment of a physical problem?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2644105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2491135].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

Worst doctor I have ever been to. Her "God Complex" is astounding. I barely fit in the room with her ego. First visit I waited only 20 minutes in the exam room. Second visit I had a lovely woman working on her fellowship and seemed to care. Third visit I waited a full 60 minutes. All tests came back normal so she implied I may be faking my pain. Was supposed to address my other elbow but without even touching it dumped me off to physio. Doesn't take appointments past noon which is inconvenient. I wasn't a "sexy" case she could get attention from I guess. Getting a 2nd opinion as I don't trust her skills or knowledge. Not a brain surgeon so she should seriously get over herself.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2197259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2014

Urgent referral for chronic genus valgus condition dealt with expeditiously. Provided with prescription for custom made ACL, MCL, and LCL brace and referred onward to another doctor to set up rehabilitation program. A pleasant professional who understood my condition and needs, and told me she liked the summary of symptoms and needs I attached to the referral I brought in (the clinic has its own questionnaire as well). I would strongly recommend patient preparation from the viewpoint that I see myself as a partner in the interaction with a medical professional. I called ahead to determine the time slots patients are booked for, and adjusted to present my requests in the time slot booked for me. In short: a smooth interaction with good results. I am pleased to recommend this medical professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2197260].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

I was referred to Dr Grace with respect to back and knee issues. I brought findings and reports from previous tests conducted. I was asked by her to name the problem. I said I didn't know as one issue could be causing the other . She insisted I name one or the other so I said knee. After a quick examination she asked what I had been doing to help it. I explained what information I was able to gather from the internet. She said she didn't know what to do, and that I should just keep doing what I was doing and that she would not recommend an MRI. I replied that it was too late as a previous doctor had scheduled one for me. She was not impressed. And surprise surprise, the MRI now shows the issue. I am now faced with having to return to Dr Personality and Knowledge with the good news. Throughout the Ottawa area I have received professional care. Dr Grace has definitely lowered the bar. Written by Scott Knapp, Kanata, Ont.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][61728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2014

My experience with Dr Grace has been fantastic. She came highly recommended and, I gather, is highly respected in her field of Sports Medicine. She sorted out my problem quickly and efficiently. Very personable and friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][61727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2013

I saw dr grace once and will never go back to her. I was quite shocked by her poor people skills. heard about her knowledge but unfortunately never benefited from any of it. she appeared disinterested, distracted, and stressed. she was more or less uncommunicative with me. within months of that visit, I saw another sports medicine specialist (who was amazing) and who's assessment and mri results showed that i require kneecap replacement. dr grace should be more personable and friendly towards her clients. my visit with dr grace was quite surprising considering she came highly recommended by someone who is a friend of hers. for the benefit of others, i felt it necessary to write this review and report it back to my doctor. Hopefully dr grace will improve in this area and will not offend other clients with such dismay and dismal.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][61726].votes_count ]]