Rate Dr. Maureen Grace

Dr. Maureen Grace's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2491135].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

Worst doctor I have ever been to. Her "God Complex" is astounding. I barely fit in the room with her ego. First visit I waited only 20 minutes in the exam room. Second visit I had a lovely woman working on her fellowship and seemed to care. Third visit I waited a full 60 minutes. All tests came back normal so she implied I may be faking my pain. Was supposed to address my other elbow but without even touching it dumped me off to physio. Doesn't take appointments past noon which is inconvenient. I wasn't a "sexy" case she could get attention from I guess. Getting a 2nd opinion as I don't trust her skills or knowledge. Not a brain surgeon so she should seriously get over herself.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2197259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2014

Urgent referral for chronic genus valgus condition dealt with expeditiously. Provided with prescription for custom made ACL, MCL, and LCL brace and referred onward to another doctor to set up rehabilitation program. A pleasant professional who understood my condition and needs, and told me she liked the summary of symptoms and needs I attached to the referral I brought in (the clinic has its own questionnaire as well). I would strongly recommend patient preparation from the viewpoint that I see myself as a partner in the interaction with a medical professional. I called ahead to determine the time slots patients are booked for, and adjusted to present my requests in the time slot booked for me. In short: a smooth interaction with good results. I am pleased to recommend this medical professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2197260].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

I was referred to Dr Grace with respect to back and knee issues. I brought findings and reports from previous tests conducted. I was asked by her to name the problem. I said I didn't know as one issue could be causing the other . She insisted I name one or the other so I said knee. After a quick examination she asked what I had been doing to help it. I explained what information I was able to gather from the internet. She said she didn't know what to do, and that I should just keep doing what I was doing and that she would not recommend an MRI. I replied that it was too late as a previous doctor had scheduled one for me. She was not impressed. And surprise surprise, the MRI now shows the issue. I am now faced with having to return to Dr Personality and Knowledge with the good news. Throughout the Ottawa area I have received professional care. Dr Grace has definitely lowered the bar. Written by Scott Knapp, Kanata, Ont.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][61728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2014

My experience with Dr Grace has been fantastic. She came highly recommended and, I gather, is highly respected in her field of Sports Medicine. She sorted out my problem quickly and efficiently. Very personable and friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][61727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2013

I saw dr grace once and will never go back to her. I was quite shocked by her poor people skills. heard about her knowledge but unfortunately never benefited from any of it. she appeared disinterested, distracted, and stressed. she was more or less uncommunicative with me. within months of that visit, I saw another sports medicine specialist (who was amazing) and who's assessment and mri results showed that i require kneecap replacement. dr grace should be more personable and friendly towards her clients. my visit with dr grace was quite surprising considering she came highly recommended by someone who is a friend of hers. for the benefit of others, i felt it necessary to write this review and report it back to my doctor. Hopefully dr grace will improve in this area and will not offend other clients with such dismay and dismal.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][61726].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2013

I'm not sure who the other person was rating... but Dr. Grace was my "saving grace". I had a neuroma diagnosed months before by my family doctor & went through twice weekly physio to no avail. I could hardly walk by the time I saw Dr. Grace - she was efficient & personable - confirmed diganoses without further tests - did a cortisone injection - made a follow up appointment - and no further treatment - voila, I am walking again... wearing shoes again... running again. By the way, I never exeperienced any lateness - but if there was an area for improvement it would be the office staff - I found them a tad surly in the morning.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][61725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

the fact that she is chronically late by up to an hour per appointment is not an issue for me - its that she has poor people skills when she does appear - my recommendation is for her to find the balance so that she can improve in this area - then she would be more well rounded with her excellent knowledge in her specialty. it was very disheartening to leave her office with ill feelings, but her extremely poor 'bedside manner' is unacceptable this day in age. Although I respect her knowledge, I would not recommend her if you are expecting to be treated like a client, she is not approachable...it appears she's too busy and you're a number in her work day. It's so unfortunate, given her knowledge.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][61724].votes_count ]]