Rate Dr. Ali Farahani

Dr. Ali Farahani's Ratings

I had an old defective titanium implant that needed to be replaced. After much thought and discussions with Dr. Farahani, I chose an all-ceramic dental implant. The most compelling reasons for my choice are the ceramic implant’s more biocompatible properties, corrosion resistance and its one piece design which harbors less bacteria growth. I feel that my ceramic implant is sufficiently strong to withstand forces. The implant is made from zirconia, a very strong material, and the longer and larger diameter of the implant gives added strength. The ceramic implant is more aesthetic with no metal line showing along the gum line, which is typical in a titanium implant. The implant replacement went very smoothly, and was almost pain-free under Dr. Farahani’s expertise, attention to detail, up-to-date techniques, and his holistic approach to health. I am very pleased with my ceramic implant, and always impressed by the friendliness and professionalism shown by Dr. Farahani and his staff.

Submitted July 28, 2014 | flag

I used to see a holistic dentist in Toronto, but moved to Dr. Farahani when he opened in Stratford. I have been very happy with his services, and I have recommended him to friends and coworkers. He is more expensive than a "general" or "emergency" dentist, but I think my health is worth it. Although I had all my mercury fillings replaced by the dentist in Toronto, Dr. Farahani maintains these, and did my 2 crowns, a veneer and a dental implant. - it is nice that all parts of the procedure are done by him in his office - no separate visits to a dental surgeon required). I like the holistic approach (e.g. he recommends Traumeel as an anti-inflammatory instead of advil, and he even injected traumeel directly into my gum when I had lingering pain. It was awesome - no pain after that!). The dental office is comfortable and the staff very friendly. I trust them to keep my mouth healthy - which helps keep the rest of me healthy. The best dentist I've had. I highly recommend him.

Submitted April 25, 2014 | flag

I went here to have a severely infected tooth extracted, the infection cleaned and an implant placed. I was terrified of having the procedure performed, but the team here was so amazing and got me through it. I was laughing through the procedure, and not because of the laughing gas (okay, maybe a little because of this). There is a beautiful balance at this office of friendliness and professionalism. You feel very well cared for, never rushed. At an emergency consult, where they had to "fit me in", the staff stayed late that day and spent over two hours with me. I couldn't have felt more comfortable in trusting this team with my dental care. They are very upfront about cost, which I feel is something sorely lacking in modern dentistry. He is very aware of toxicity, and how to minimize it throughout your treatment. Very, very impressed. I will definitely be going here for any future procedures that require a specialist approach. Extremely knowledgeable.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2014 | flag

Really appreciate Dr. Farahani's holistic approach & respect for environmental issues, right down to using washable over disposable linens wherever possible. Upon arrival, comfortable slippers & fresh hot drinks are available to help yourself to & plush furniture to recline on while waiting. However, waiting is usually not necessary; the staff seem to have a way of ensuring things run smoothly & the office always feels peaceful & calming. Dr. Farahani removed my mercury fillings the safest & best way. I appreciate he sees the idiocy of using a highly toxic chemical in one's mouth. Mandi is an exceptional hygienist; she's very thoughtful & caring, gentle but professional & thorough. Bev is their very pleasant & personable secretary. I truly think they see the importance of good oral hygiene & mean it most sincerely when they say "your investment today was...". I wish all dentists offices were just like this. A shame that we have to drive from London each time, but well worth it!

Submitted Nov. 20, 2013 | flag

Office is comfortable and staff are friendly. My cleanings are always a good experience, but I find sometimes the pressure of the 'up sell,' (i.e. to check my bacteria levels, ongoing pressure to purchase implants). I find some of the language a bit pretentious and rehearsed (i.e. when paying the bill they say every time: "your investment for today is...").

Submitted Nov. 19, 2013 | flag

Office is lovely and staff friendly. Appreciate the holistic approach and never felt rushed, though that seemed to effect their punctuality of appointments in general. Though we were satisfied we ended up switching to a new dentist a few years ago after my daughter had to have 8 fillings that were put in by Dr Farahani replaced less than a year later. These fillings were all put in at the same time. At her next annual check up he noted decay under one and referred her to a pediatric dentist. They found that she required ALL of the filings replaced due to severe decay underneath. Decay UNDER fillings after less than a year is not due to poor brushing. The filings themselves were either installed improperly and allowed particles to get under teeth or the original decay was not cleared out before the teeth were initially filled. 4 trips out of town, over $1,000 in costs, sedation, metals crowns.... Very disappointed.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2013 | flag

Exceptional dental experience. I deeply appreciate Dr. Farahani's holistic philosophy - he is the future of dentistry. Hygienist Mary provided the most comfortable cleaning I have ever had.

Submitted April 16, 2013 | flag