Rate Dr. Fergal Donnellan

Dr. Fergal Donnellan's Ratings

Dr. DONNELLAN seems to make lots of promises of calling and being available but, even after many reminders to his office, he does not return calls. He may ( ? )be knowledgeable but that serves no use if he treats his follow up appointmments this way. Apparently he would call me last night for sure before leaving for 3 weeks and he did not. This has been going on for just over 6 weeks. I believe this is complete lack of consideration and professionalism and may well be cause of a malpractice suit!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2589606].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

I liked Dr Donnellan. He was friendly and attentive and I had a colonoscopy as well as an endoscopy. In the end it was IBS and I can control most of it through stress and diet. I think many people have generic issues like this and nothing serious and are offended when a Dr isn't giving them endless attention because of it. In terms of specialists I found him professional, approachable and competent.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2541164].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Was so disappointed in this doctor. He didn't even examine me. I was questioned and examined by his intern, and then he came in sprawled in a chair, like a 10yr old, and asked me what was wrong with me. He decided I had IBS and told me to follow the fodmap diet, which is incompatible with a low glycemic diet, so it was impossible to maintain my blood sugar, not that I was asked about that aspect of my digestive issues. Was a waste of my time. Still have daily GERD that gets bad enough that I have trouble breathing. Tried for over a month to get a follow up appointment with him, but his staff would not call me back. Eventually I was calling 2x a day and leaving messages with no result. Have no faith in the unprofessional doctor. He is obviously too cool to give a damn about this patient

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][63669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2014

Dr. Donnellan is a really nice guy, very personable, good sense of humour. His staff is a bit of a question mark - nice, but particularly bad at returning phone calls. Nearly impossible to get someone at his reception desk on the phone without leaving a voicemail first. Dr. Donnellan helped me out with my stomach issues (heavy acid reflux, cramping/bloating) but even after a gastroscopy wasn't able to pinpoint anything specific causing it. Basically put me on some maintenance meds which have helped somewhat, but I'd love to actually track the source of the problem down. He suggested it was my diet and to try staying off certain foods/ingredients. Unfortunately our insurance stopped covering my medication due to a Pharmacare tie-in, so we needed a Special Authority to get it covered. This took some serious doing as between MSP/Pharmacare and getting the doc to fill out forms, I waited over 2 months to get the coverage. Painful but finally worked out.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][63668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2013

Dr. Donnellan is the best. He basically saved my life and I will forever be grateful to him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][63667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2012

This guy seemed to be nice at first but does not always follow through. Despite repeated calls to his office for follow up he doesn't return patient's calls. His clinical notes contain numerous errors. Very unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][63666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2012

Dr Donnellan is a straight talker, kind and funny. He called me after 7pm (he was still at the hospital) to reassure me and answer some questions after my colonoscopy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][63665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

I was introduced to Dr. Donnellan through a colleague of his as I was struggling to find the source of my internal bleed. As soon as my other specialist identified the source of my problem, she referred me to Dr. Donnellan who immediately took charge of resolving my severe internal bleed by applying Argon Plasma Coagulation. Since that procedure was completed, I have had my quality of life back and am ever so thankful that I had specialists like Dr. Donnellan who are so confident in their ability to treat patients such as myself. I appreciated his care, knowledge and assurance that if anything changes, there are other treatments available. Nothing like having this assurance when no one else has been able to provide it. I admire his ability to provide results!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][63664].votes_count ]]