Rate Dr. Kym Jim

Dr. Kym Jim's Ratings

Very patient and kind to our elderly, confused 90 year old mother. Very comprehensive and knows his subject. Great at teaching.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2506355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

I have never been treated as poorly in my life by anyone..not to mention being an hour late and telling me that he had no intrest in my medical history when the previous week had been asked by his assistant to break down the last ten years..didnt even listen to any part of it..horrible impression:(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2197752].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr Jim is very knowledgable I ve been lucky to have him as my go to doctor for my high blood pressure.He is great.Very busy guy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2197753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

A very busy doctor who serves the Red Deer City and region. Knowledgable and hardworking, but growing increasing arrogant and condescending to the point that I would rather drive to Calgary than waste my time with him. His ego has become his weak point and cannot admit he is ever wrong.His ego will be his downfall " It's about patient health" not your ego" remember that! have a big slice of humble pie and your patients will benefit from it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][64607].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2011

An intelligent, compassionate, caring man who is way way too busy which is basically the reason he is not able to be punctual. But if I have a crisis in the middle of the night, the nurses can always call him. He remembers almost all of his patients, their details, and cares about the family members as well. He works best with people who work with him to manage their disease and credit him with the vast amount of knowledge he has. A wonderful nephrologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][64606].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2010

Dr. Jim is definatly the best doctor i have seen. I first met him after being admitted into Red Deer general. After 15 years of fighting the same disease with other doctors, (and having a low understanding of what was going on, feeling like no one listened to what i needed or felt) i changed to see Dr.Jim. Since then i am much happier because he has given me access to tools and people to get the help and information that i need with caring people constantly looking out for me. I highly recommend him to anyone in need, he has helped me to feel like i can live a normal life again, and not worry so much!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][64605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2009

Dr Jim is one of the best Doctors in Alberta. People need to understand that he is probably the hardest working Doctor in Alberta. So he is extremely busy. But the only one at fault there is the government run health care system. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][64604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

My dealings with Dr. Jim have been purely as a co-worker. As a nurse, I look after a lot of his patients. Any short-comings I feel he has are purely due to his workload...he is an extremely busy man. But he deeply cares about his patients, and does everything within his power to ensure that they are well cared for and have maximal quality of life. He knows his stuff, and treats his staff with the utmost of respect. If Red Deer had another full-time nephrologist and his work load went down a notch, that would make all the difference.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][64603].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

Regarding the last patients comments, if you know you are due for bloodwork, then you should take the initiate to ensure they are done. Stop playing the victim and help yourself. Call his office and advise him that you are overdue.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][64602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2009

I have been seing Docotor Jym for about 3 years, I find his bedside manor to be insulting to his patients.He has not helped me understand my diease in any waY. He has made me feel as if I don't matter to him as a patient.In my case he is not even sure of what kind of kidney diease I suffer from nor does he care,or at least that is the impression I get from him.I undrestand that he is over worked ,but that is no excuse to treat his patients the way he does.I am to see him once a year and have blood work done repeatedly. This hasn't happened for over several months ,and oh guess what I have never even recieved a call about why he hasn't recieved any blood work from me or even seen me. Busy is busy but that is just stupid.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][64601].votes_count ]]