You may also like

Rate Dr. Eric Davenport

Dr. Eric Davenport's Ratings

I will give Dr. Davenport the benefit of the doubt regarding knowledge so rated him 4 for that. Unfortunately, I was not able to access that knowledge. On the day of my procedure he did not talk to me beforehand and only said one thing to me afterwards. My GP was concerned about a health issue and wanted to rule out some GI system issues with some scopes. I had lots of questions about my issues and my GP said Dr. Davenport would be a good person to talk to about them, so a referral was made. Many months later I received a call from Dr. Davenport's office saying my procedure had been scheduled and I would be mailed prep info. With so many questions I asked if I could instead book a short consultation with him and then I'd arrange the scopes following that. The receptionist arranged for that. When I met with Dr. Davenport at his office i appreciated how punctual he was. Let me preface this next part by saying I do not expect hand-holding from a doctor! But I do hope to be treated as though I'm not an inconvenience. Dr. Davenport answered most of my questions brusquely and in a way that made me feel stupid and as though I was wasting his time. I can accept pragmatic, straightforward answers from doctors and even appreciate a dark sense of humour, as mine is too. But Dr. Davenport was simply insensitive when it ought to have been clear I had legitimate concerns and some anxiety. My profession involves working with individuals facing difficult times and while it is not my job to be sympathetic (i.e. to suffer along side them), I treat them with dignity and some empathy, even if they're a pain in the butt. I left the consultation and was in tears as soon as I stepped outside. I was left with more questions and anxiety upon leaving, as well as embarrassment as I'd been made to feel foolish by a doctor who would be performing a somewhat invasive (to patients, at least - perhaps not to doctors) procedure. I refrained from offering up a review following that, deciding to wait instead until the procedure, knowing that of most importance is that a doctor is competent. I also understand that we're all human and have off days. Now that my procedure is over I am just as displeased with his manner. I appreciate the procedure went smoothly. I respect his competence. But he ignored me when I tried to talk to him prior to the procedure. I was told by the nurse I would have the chance to talk to him first. My worry was the prep had not been successful despite my having followed the instructions to the letter. I was taken into the room and a resident and student were all I had contact with. Things moved very quickly. I tried to talk to Dr. Davenport who was in the room but was ignored and I was sedated before I could do anything else. While recovering he spoke to me for several seconds, which essentially consisted of my not needing to return to see him. Great outcome! I feel for anyone who has findings from their procedure that require a follow-up. I realize I am fortunate. But I'm also not a robot on a conveyor belt there to intentionally waste his time so would prefer to have not been treated like one by him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2813470].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I can't yet rate the doctor, but the receptionist has not been pleasant. I have called several times and she is very abrasive and says "I'm in the middle of clinic" as though the call to schedule an appointment is a bother to her. I have been told I would receive a call back and have not, so I have had to call numerous times just to schedule my appointment. This has included lengthy hold times as well. This is not a good first impression, but obviously no reflection on the doctor.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2727690].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

Davenport is a knowledgable surgeon - my surgery was successful, & I was left with a very neat incision, & the scar will heal up very nicely. Overall, it was a pleasant experience, having him as my doctor. He was never rushed, he always took the time to answer questions and make sure I understood. I truly appreciate his hard work.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2714910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2015

Very knowledgeable doc. Caring. Intellectual and down to earth. A specialist who treats his patients on their level. Staff very helpful. Overall nice man

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2573764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2014

I found him to be a thorough and caring doctor, although he was quite vague on some things that still left me with a lot of questions.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2556120].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

he is the most helpful and caring doctor I have ever had he made me feel like what I had to say was important I strongly recomened him to others

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2197786].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Went to Dr. Davenport after seeing another Dr. that treated patients like they are beneath him, and always very late. Dr. Davenport was on time, and professional. He is a bit frank but just ask him your questions and he will answer all of them. He made sure I was comfortable as can be for the procedure and explained everything and asked if I understood him and had questions. He likes to be comfortable himself and often wears jogging pants, but to me I don't care as long as he is a good Dr. Will be returning to Dr. Davenport for every colonoscopy.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2197787].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

Dr Davenport managed to fit me in to his very busy schedule, operating on me very late at night and completing the surgery well after midnight. He is a very positive man in his outlook but at the same time tells it like it is. A wry sense of humour covers his dedication to his patients. The procedure was explained thoroughly both before and after the surgery. Dr. Davenport is a credit to the medical profession and I cannot speak too highly of his expertise and care.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2197788].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

Dr. Davenport was a true professional, knowledgeable, efficient and…caring!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][64910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2013

Very kind Doctor. I had him for an upper scope. very good at what he does.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][64909].votes_count ]]