You may also like

Rate Dr. Thomas A. Moorcroft

Dr. Thomas A. Moorcroft's Ratings

Dr. Tom is very knowledgable and will spend most of your appointment rambling off and siting any and all research that's relevant to what you're experiencing. That's great and all but I'm more interested in talking about what's going on with ME. He does mosy of the talking and when it's time for you to speak, he stands up and heads for the door to end the appointment. He is a very nice guy, which is great however, he has a "hit em hard" approach without taking into account your sensitivities. And once you express how horribly you respond to something, he talks you into useless and expensive supplements. I've seen Dr. Tom off and on for years now and after seeing him recently I'd have to say, regrettably, I would not recommend him. But, if desperate and in need of an LLMD, he is not a BAD choice just not someone I'd recommend. He IS very wishy- washy, as many posters have mentioned so be prepared to make your own decisions about treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2783793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Dr. M is a fairly competent doctor, but not great. I agree with the wishy-washy comment. I’ll also add there’s a “hippie-dippie” vibe at the office that’s a bit of a turn off. He kept my kid on zith for too long even though it was not doing anything and kept selling us overpriced useless supplements instead of trying other heavy-duty meds. Don't even start me on the office staff - seven times out of ten they mess something up: either do not call in refills, refill wrong meds, etc. It is a good thing they are not assisting him with brain surgery or anything similarly critical. Still, it is very frustrating that for the money, they can't provide better service - I’m willing to wager the “5-5-5-5” ratings are left by someone affiliated with the practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2737317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

Dr. Moorcroft is a wonderful doctor. He is the best doctor I have ever seen, bar none. I've never had a problem at an office visit or once I've come home. Phone calls are returned on the same day. He calls in prescription refills for me way ahead of time, even before I need them. (just write down what you need on the cover sheet at your appointment.) My case is complicated and I call the office once or twice a week. Like I said before, I've *never* had a problem. He and his staff are always happy to see me and seem to genuinely care about me and want to see me recover. I leave each visit with a sense of renewed hope and optimism thanks to Dr . Moorcroft and company. I recommend him far and wide.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2727383].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

Not professional. No return phone calls even after you speak kindly to the staff n the doctor. Initial apt is way too high for a doctor who can't run a proper office. We left.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2726570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

We absolutely agree with the previous review. The office is horrible. This guy charges a huge amount for first visit $$$ (close to 1,000). You CAN NOT get a person to ever ever answer the phone. Forget return phone calls!!! Our child has had reactions to drugs he proscribes and it could take five days or more to get a response . This is negligent and unacceptable!!!!! I cared enough about this young fella to talk to him at one point and he seemed shocked and said he would look into it. No change. He needs to change things around entirely if he wants to continue to keep a good reputation. I for one will tell everyone who asks to find a different doctor. If your child is not well and needs real care, this is not the place to go. Do not support this office. It's Not safe!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2718573].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

Super nice doctor. I generally think he's a pretty good provider, but I would strongly discourage anyone from seeking treatment. This practice is all kinds of jacked up. It's not uncommon to spend weeks chasing down prescription refills, waiting months for appt's, and nearly 50-75% of your phone calls will not be returned. If this Doctor was willing to fire his staff and start over, and also hire a practice manager to keep the lazies in line, I would go back. But having gone through medication withdrawls multiple times because he simply was delayed in calling in prescription refills despite mine and my pharmacys attepmt to track him down is simply unacceptable and bad medicine.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2712809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

Dr. Moorcroft saved my life. I was in bad shape when I started going to Origins of Health. I'm way better now and I know Dr. Tom will help me get to the finish line. Dr. Moorcroft is a good guy. He's good natured and he listens, he's not bossy or condescending like other doctors I have had to deal with during my 7 year quest to get mg health back. I wanted to treat Lyme with herbals and he was completely cool with it. He wants you to be on board with your own treatment plan. He leads in a respectful way. Maybe some patients like being bossed around by their doctor? I dunno. I have kids and I'd take them to Dr. Tom in a heartbeat.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2687112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2015

Dr. Tom is a terrific doctor and oh-so-knowledgable on so many subjects relating to health. His staff are very sweet and caring women. They are always asking about my children, my job, etc. If I have a question or receive a call back within a few hours. On the weekends, there is an emergency line to talk to him. Dr. Tom takes everything going on in your life into account when designing a treatment protocol for you. He wants your input and values your opinions about your own healthcare. I've never had a doctor value my thoughts on treatment before! He is a doctor that truly cares. He is not a salesman - he is a hard-working, honest doctor running a private practice.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2686881].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

We traveled far to see this doctor because we wanted a knowledgeable LLMD/DO with a grasp on integrative medicine. Dr M seems to be the new golden boy on the scene. Initial visit was close to $1000. Dr. M was a good listener and a nice man but not willing to take charge of our child's health. He gives lots of interesting ideas and supplement choices. And many times forgets to even follow up with his own suggestions!! It will be up to you to make the choices from his many options. Our child is sick and we are not interested in all of the many "possible things we could try" . We like options and the request to research ourselves for sure, but at some point, the Doctor must take the lead. Wishy- washy medicine at this office and we will not go back. I agree with the above, the office never picks up the phone so if you have an emergency , it could be over 48 hours before a return. This was a huge waste of money and discouraging.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2684679].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

An amazing doctor. The office has been going through a few growing pains lately, (as reflected in a few reviews below) but he has hired a new nurse (Amanda) who really knows her stuff. Back to Dr. Tom - you won't find a better doctor. He listens and he cares so much. You get the feeling that regaining your health is his personal mission. I don't find him salesman-y at all. In fact, he is pretty aware that those with Lyme are cost -conscious. He did raise prices recently - by $25 a visit. Considering what other LLMDs are charging, that's perfectly fine.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2683734].votes_count ]]