Rate Dr. Thomas A. Moorcroft

Dr. Thomas A. Moorcroft's Ratings

Dr. Moorcroft saved my life. I was in bad shape when I started going to Origins of Health. I'm way better now and I know Dr. Tom will help me get to the finish line. Dr. Moorcroft is a good guy. He's good natured and he listens, he's not bossy or condescending like other doctors I have had to deal with during my 7 year quest to get mg health back. I wanted to treat Lyme with herbals and he was completely cool with it. He wants you to be on board with your own treatment plan. He leads in a respectful way. Maybe some patients like being bossed around by their doctor? I dunno. I have kids and I'd take them to Dr. Tom in a heartbeat.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2687112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2015

Dr. Tom is a terrific doctor and oh-so-knowledgable on so many subjects relating to health. His staff are very sweet and caring women. They are always asking about my children, my job, etc. If I have a question or receive a call back within a few hours. On the weekends, there is an emergency line to talk to him. Dr. Tom takes everything going on in your life into account when designing a treatment protocol for you. He wants your input and values your opinions about your own healthcare. I've never had a doctor value my thoughts on treatment before! He is a doctor that truly cares. He is not a salesman - he is a hard-working, honest doctor running a private practice.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2686881].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

We traveled far to see this doctor because we wanted a knowledgeable LLMD/DO with a grasp on integrative medicine. Dr M seems to be the new golden boy on the scene. Initial visit was close to $1000. Dr. M was a good listener and a nice man but not willing to take charge of our child's health. He gives lots of interesting ideas and supplement choices. And many times forgets to even follow up with his own suggestions!! It will be up to you to make the choices from his many options. Our child is sick and we are not interested in all of the many "possible things we could try" . We like options and the request to research ourselves for sure, but at some point, the Doctor must take the lead. Wishy- washy medicine at this office and we will not go back. I agree with the above, the office never picks up the phone so if you have an emergency , it could be over 48 hours before a return. This was a huge waste of money and discouraging.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2684679].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

An amazing doctor. The office has been going through a few growing pains lately, (as reflected in a few reviews below) but he has hired a new nurse (Amanda) who really knows her stuff. Back to Dr. Tom - you won't find a better doctor. He listens and he cares so much. You get the feeling that regaining your health is his personal mission. I don't find him salesman-y at all. In fact, he is pretty aware that those with Lyme are cost -conscious. He did raise prices recently - by $25 a visit. Considering what other LLMDs are charging, that's perfectly fine.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2683734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

Dr Tom is a nice guy but he must not be willing to invest in his practice because the quality of help is very poor. They are all very young and inept. He needs a mature office manager with life experience to run the office. They never get back to you promptly and with sick children this is unacceptable. Dr Tom does not really take leadership when treating your child he just kind of gently offers multiple options. Not for us.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2666722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2014

With a chronically ill child, we have been to many doctors who have been helpful, but Dr. Tom has made a significant difference in our lives. Considering his knowledge and the amount of time he sends, I think his rates are very reasonable. When I call with a questions or problem, I receive an immediate response and then, they call the next day to see how things are going.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2665959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

Great doc, knows his stuff but feels like a total business/money making machine. Rasing his rates again for bogus reasons (to cover emergency no shows?), always trying to sell you something.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2639987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Dr. Tom is THE best doctor I have ever seen. A fabulous doctor!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2608280].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

Extremely knowledgeable regarding Lyme disease and all coinfections. Dr. Moorcroft will get to the root of your problems and help resolve them using both western and alternative approaches. He is brilliant!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2595801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

Dr. Tom is incredible.I feel so fortunate to have him as my doctor. He is kind and personable and brilliant.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][66287].votes_count ]]