You may also like

Rate Dr. David Ward

Dr. David Ward's Ratings

I went to see Dr. Ward because he is part of the student dental network and offers discounts to students. However, after going to his practice two years in a row I would not go again. His dental skills are definitely lacking: he filled a cavity in one of my teeth and the next year x-rays showed another cavity in the same location! In other words, he didn't properly treat the cavity the first time around. Upon seeing the cavity the second time around he remarked "that's fine, it should be ok to leave it until next year", so he did not even offer to fix his mistake. On top of this error, the filling itself was poorly done- bits of material flaked off in my mouth for a day or so after the filling (something I have never experienced before with a filling). Additionally, he said it would be fine not to take any action on the receding gums around several of my teeth as they shouldn't cause any problems. However, within 2 months of my appointment the nerves on these teeth started to be exposed, leading to significant nerve pain when exposed to cold, heat or pressure. All in all, I think he has demonstrated poor judgement and inferior dental skills, and I will not be going back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2748385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

I was a long-term patient of Dr. Ward's for about 15 years. His office staff are very friendly and they have a family-like atmosphere. I stopped going to Dr. Ward because I noticed his restorative skills have worsened over the years. He had laser eye surgery several times and unfortunately his poor eyesight shows in his work (everything from wrong colour choice for fillings, needing crown adjustment many times, shoddy detail in work). The office is lacking in technological upgrades - they still do not use digital x-rays. Dr.Ward is approaching retirement now and I recommend you see another dentist if you need any type of restorative work done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2716769].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

Dr. Ward was a good dentist on my first two visits. I just had cleanings done, and the nurse did a great job and was very friendly. However, he pressured me into getting a cavity done. I was okay with it so when it was time to get the cavity, he ended up removing two teeth without my permission. What kind of dentist lies to his patients? This whole ordeal left me scarred for life and I will never be going back to him again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][125570].votes_count ]]