Rate Dr. Charles Secretan

Dr. Charles Secretan's Ratings

My lower leg was a mess after I broke it into pieces skiing last Feb. 1014. My fibula was broken, my tibia plateau had 7 to 9 fractures, and my tibia was broken in 2 places with a spiral fracture. I received immediate surgery with a 25+ cm plate and 15 pins and screws. The tibia plateau healed but the a non-union of the spiral break became evident. I was referred to Dr. Secretan and 7 months later, he removed the plate, pins, and screws, then ground down the callous matter that had developed over the non-union portions of the spiral fracture, realigned another piece of my tibia that had broken away, and installed a bigger plate (35-cms) with 11 pins and bolts. The surgery went very well - Dr. Secretan worked his magic, the nurses were excellent, and for the first time after surgery I did not throw up because the anesthesiologist was sensitive to my needs. Dr. Secretan was creative with the surgical process and even made adjustments part-way through the surgery that would benefit me in the long run. He is professional, knowledgeable, creative with reconstruction, and has excellent bed-side manner. I am happy I can walk again and I highly recommend him to anyone. His staff are also helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2702883].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2015

This was the first time and the first time a doctor explained the procedure thoroughly to me and what I was to expect. Just walking me to the operating room and introducing me to the staff there gave me a feeling of confidence. Meeting another patient who had a total hip replacement like myself on the same day (hers was in Vancouver because she said it was better?). Well the difference between the two of us was one month later she still had a walker and cane and I did not? I like that he gets his patients moving as quick as they can. Great Doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2697727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

I recently had total hip replacement surgery with Dr. Secreten. I had heard nothing but very positive comments (from many people, health care workers, etc)about Dr. Secreten's ability and that was very comforting to me. I could certainly tell that he is highly regarded and respected. I had the opportunity to meet with him right before the surgery to ask any questions, and he met with me shortly after the surgery, as well as when I was discharged from the hospital. I then met with him again two weeks' later for follow-up, and have another follow-up appointment with him in a month. He has always been very accessible and his bedside manner is excellent and he is always very pleasant. I received very good care from him, his staff, and the staff at the Vernon hospital before, during, and after the procedure and am well on my way to recovery having had very little pain or discomfort. I consider myself lucky to have been hooked up with a doctor/surgeon of this calibre.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2198248].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

He pays no attention to his patients, does not believe them when they are in pain, and does not put genuine care into helping solve the issue. His goal is to get you out of there as fast as possible, whether your needs have been met or not.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][126251].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2014

Nothing but good experiences with the doctor. Helped me when I needed it and was pleasant to deal with at every turn. As important as this, is the fact that everyone (other doctors, nurses, stretcher movers, etc) I encountered in the hospital before and after the operation was very positive in their comments about Dr Secretan. These in-person testimonials gave me a sense of comfort resulting in a more relaxed and helpful patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][126250].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2014

I had Dr. Secretan do surgery on my foot and ankle after a severe break. I couldn't of been happier with the work he did and the time he takes to explain everything fully to make sure you understand exactly whats going on. I would 100% recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][126249].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2013

I met Dr. Secretan last October for a consultation for my right hip that I had been suffering extreme pain for the past several years. We agreed that it was time for a total hip replacement. I can honestly say that we connected from the first appointment and I knew in my heart that I was very fortunate to have Dr, Secretan as my orthopaedic surgeon. My surgery took place on July 25, I had the opportunity to watch the entire procedure (something that I would recommend) and today I am totally pain free, able to walk indoors without the walker or crutches and enjoy a full nights sleep. This alone tells me the caliber of Dr. Secretan, I shall be forever grateful for his obvious expertise in his field of medicine, his warm and polite manner and him making me feel like I was his only patient. Thank you so much.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][126248].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2013

I managed to give myself a bad calcaneal fracture on boxing day of 2012. Three weeks later the swelling finally came down enough that my surgeon felt it could be operated on. Unfortunately I was bumped all day that I was scheduled for surgery and my surgeon was not on call the following day. The following day I was however incredibly fortunate to be put in the care of Dr. Secretan. From the time I met him just before surgery to discuss the procedure, through every follow up visit, Dr. Secretan was professional, confident, and highly skilled in the repair of my heel that I left him with in many pieces. His confidence in the repair and his approach to early controlled physio after the surgery... has left me far ahead of the healing curve of getting back on my foot from where I have read others have been. I would highly recommend Dr. Secretan to anyone in a similar situation. Nor would I hesitate to put myself in his care again in the unfortunate case that I should ever be injured again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][126247].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Excellent care and bedside manner, would recommend this doctor to anyone. His receptionist was also very helpful. Very positive experience all around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][126246].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2013

During the appointment Dr. Secretan could not open my latest x-ray file previously emailed and had sent me to an x-ray clinic which was closed. I was struggling to explain a question regarding “shortening of the leg” the assistant silently laughed, which appeared to be at me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][126245].votes_count ]]