Dr. Sreedevi Rama

Grad. Year: 1987

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 14/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 52 reviews. Dr. Sreedevi Rama has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: what type of insurance she take?    Email me    Answer it
Q: Nj femaily care she can accept?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3605769
14/11/13 5 5 5 5 I have 2 lovely boys and I'm very happy that I chose Dr. Rama as my OBGYN. I had to undergo C-section for both deliveries and the process was smooth. She is courteous, knowledgeable , friendly and caring . I also share a good relationship with her staff no complaints whatsoever. Nobody is perfect to comment on others perfection. Bottom line is are they serving your purpose? Now, I know for a fact that choosing an OB is always a daunting task especially for all those who are gonna be first time moms. But ,it's my firm belief that you will never regret if you choose this Dr . All your concerns will be taken care of .. period. Thank you Dr. Rama & Staff. Will miss you all. Rekha Modukuri
RID: 2806748
22/08/13 3 2 3 3 I do not doubt Dr Rama's knowledge and skill, but she was very dismissive to me regarding my pain. Also I called the office twice for a follow up and regarding my continued problem, but never got a call back from the Dr. She also seemed to be in a great hurry while examining me. For a first time patient, I definitely was not happy with her. Will be looking elsewhere for a more patient and understanding Dr.  See Responses
RID: 2684901
20/06/13 4 1 4 5 Dr. Rama is very nice and experienced Doctor. She did my normal delivery so smoothly that i cant even imagine. She was so supportive and patient during Labor. I would definitely recommend her to my friends. Staff in the Dr Rama's office is so good. Specially Shalu kohli, Gopi & Anjali. Shalu is so calm and friendly. Gopi is such a sweetheart & Jolly.. :)
RID: 2645251
10/05/13 3 3 3 4 She is very good doctor for C-Section as I had one. I'm not sure how she handles normal deliveries. What I liked about this doctor: She was very good with the surgery and recovery aftermath. She made sure I wear the belt, I walked and I pumped the excess milk. She gives the right and necessary information. Personally I do not prefer doctors who talk much. Appointments are easy and wait time is not very long. What I did not like: At times the office staffs are not honest. For example they would reschedule the appointment for doctor's convenience/ vacation time, which is fine but they quote our health condition as reason for rescheduling. This would make us question the credibility. The office hygiene is poor. Doctor prefers only JFK. I wanted to go to RWJ or St.Peters but she insisted that I choose JFK (not that JFK is bad).
RID: 2621979
19/04/13 1 1 4 4 One of my friends told that Dr RamaSreeDevi is good at treating her patients, Thought to book an appointment with her, But her front desk people are not that helpful, They don't respond properly on phone, They will talk as if they are very busy. Doctor should seriously consider this and should make her staff to be good with all patients..
RID: 2599766
25/03/13 5 4 5 5 I am very satisfied with the help from the Doctor and the staff in the office. They are very helpful and call us and inform if there are extra waiting time or if there are free time slots available so that we can go early. Late evening appointments available. Again Dr. Rama Sreedevi is very nice person and highly professional in her approaches and the way she explain things to us which we should take care during the pregnancy. Thanks to the doctor and her staff once again. Today my son is 2 weeks old. Both me and my son are doing good.
RID: 2583782
13/03/13 5 4 5 5 I had very nice experience with Dr Rama. She is really helpful and knowledgeable. She listens to your problem and provide appropriate solutions, Staffs in her office are also very co-operative.
RID: 2558055
12/02/13 5 4 5 5 Dr Rama is a very good doctor. She is a woman of excellence and wonderful work ethics. She is very caring, excellent physician.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 2549003
02/02/13 5 5 5 5 The Best doctor, I could find through my online search and the first doctor suggested through myuhc portal,in my area. Finding a good doctor was very improtant for us, as we moved to NJ when my wife was 32 weeks pregnant. She has understood her case well and we had a very good experience. I liked one thing about the doctor, she is very knowledgeble and takes right decisions at the right time. I would definitely suggest the doctor to others.
RID: 2532179
15/01/13 3 5 5 5 Doctor is professional, helpful and available. Office staff are always busy and it is not easy to get what you need on time.
RID: 2516486
30/12/12 5 5 5 5 Good Doctor, Fast and precised in taking decisions. Great in handling unfortunate situations. Yes, there will be some wait time and She looks like not spending much time, but I don't think its necessary if she understood problem and she has to the resolution for it. Staff tries their best to minimize the wait time, of course its not that easy for the line up of patients. If you can wait and need the best doctor to work with, Dr. Rama is the right Choice.
RID: 2503534
17/12/12 5 4 5 5 I had a very pleasant experience with Dr Rama. She is very caring and friendly and i felt at home in her office. Her staff is wonderful specially Shalu and Anjali. i would highly recommed her to all my friends.
RID: 2444214
11/10/12 4 4 5 4 Great Dr and staff! Of course you may have minor glitch here and there but it was a pleasure working with her. I would go back to her for my next pregnancy as she knows what she's doing!
Respond

09/10/12 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Oncologist / Hematologist" to "Gynecologist (OBGYN)"

09/10/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "Edison" to "Woodbridge"
RID: 2439838
05/10/12 5 5 5 5 Rama Sridevi is an excellent doctor. We found her to be friendly and understanding. We never felt rushed, but also didn't want or need long OB visits.In the hospital after my c-section, she was checking on me carefully every day. I always felt like I was getting the best attention from my doc.You're lucky if you get to be her patient.Her staff is (Anjali,Shalu and Gopi) very friendly and understanding.They are like your buddies.
RID: 2400543
14/08/12 1 2 4 4 I had first baby recently, I choose Dr. Rama because she speaks my native language, Dr. Rama is good and helpful. I felt very bad with staff, especially "Anjali", she is very rude and unprofessional all the time.
RID: 2398035
10/08/12 5 4 5 5 My friend suggested Dr.Rama for my twin pregnancy(1st pregnancy) and she is undoubtedly the right choice.I recently delivered through C-section at 38 weeks( full term for twins).Babies are healthy and I am recovering fast.I never had any issues with the staff or the treatment.I just followed her guidance and she has always been helpful and caring towards me.Sometimes the waiting time is a lot but since gynecologist need to attend the emergencies this must be same with any gynecologist.I felt comfortable and confident with her from the very beginning and will recommend her to all my friends.
Respond

25/07/12 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Gynecologist (OBGYN)" to "Oncologist / Hematologist"
RID: 2380477
20/07/12 1 1 1 1 Dont feel she is good doctor...she will talk without seeing reports...coming to staff both Anjali and shalu they think they are doctors and they will guide you if you have any problem ...100 percent govt hospital....long waiting time....please don't waste your time lokking at other reviews.she is not a caring doctor money minded.  Respond
RID: 2153825
22/05/12 1 1 1 1 I felt like they are running business , not hospital......More economical..........if ur appointment is at 12pm, ur turn occurs at around 2pm.............She had done a surgery for me and when I visited her after 2 weeks of that, she has to go through all the papers to recall my medical history......she is not a passionate gynaecologist.........What a doctor! I can remember her through out my life,to suggest people that Dr .Rama is not highly recommended.........Dr.Rama ,if u r not interested in ur profession ,leave it ....Pls don't play with people for earning money......teach ur staff ,how to deal with patients out of concern.....they are exactly behaving like government staff members like u.......the words doctor and hospital meant a lot .....don't spoil them.....  Respond
RID: 2146391
18/05/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Rama sreedevi is very best at her profession. I had a long complicated labor (26 hr) and I still remember the smiling face of the doctor througout the labor . She was very cool and confident , she know what she has to do. Because of her I had a normal vaginal delivery and a healthy baby.
Paid (or co-pay): $290
RID: 2112754
05/05/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Rama is one of the best gynecologist.She is very helpful and knowledgeable doc and takes great care of her patients.Staff is also very good,cheerful and helpful especially Anjali and Shalu.
RID: 2013227
12/04/12 5 4 5 5 We have such a pleasant experience with Dr Rama, both during pregnancy and at the time of delivery. Staff was also very friendly. SS  Respond
RID: 1781171
22/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sreedevi Rama was truly outstanding as the gynecologist and obstetrician for my wife for her multiple deliveries. This website does not allow me to post my full review. You may access it at http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~sudhakar/drsreedevi.txt My wife had a few complications prior to the pregnancy limiting the suitability of a C-section delivery. The doctor made us aware of the risks, provided a plan accordingly and executed on it very well. She was very calm during the difficult pregnancy --- for both the wife and the doctor. She was always reachable (even late in the night). Especially, when my wife's extreme nausea made it difficult for us, it was very calming to have the doctor reachable even very late in the night. Please read the review on my website for full description. SIncerely --- Dr. Sudhakar Govindavajhala  Respond
RID: 1720990
23/02/12 3 4 5 5 My experience with Dr . Rama was really good. For me the pregnancy and delivery was smooth and non complicated. So the comments I have may not really help someone looking for reviews for doctors handling complex cases. Doctor has good knowledge in her field and was gentle with good bed side manners. Since this was my second pregnancy I had relatively less questions but she answered all my queries very patiently. I will recommend her to others. Some things that were little bothering to me but not to a extend that I would change my doctor. The staff she has is changing every now and then. Some of the staff members were really rude. But some others were quite helpful. The other thing that I would have liked better is Dr. Rama does not have scanning facility at her office and you have to go to a different doctor’s office for scanning. And the one I had was not really good at bed side manners as well as staff wise and location. Overall I am happy with Dr. Rama.
Paid (or co-pay): $500
RID: 1716487
17/02/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rama is an extra ordinary person n an excellent Doctor. Her staff is very friendly and cooperative. She has very flexible timings so that any one can approach her anytime easily, she accommodated my appointments on weekends.. She always called back whenever i needed. I have been blessed by a beautiful baby girl and it is a wonderful experience. She ll be my OBGYN and I would highly recommend Dr. Rama to everyone around me.
RID: 1716317
17/02/12 5 2 5 5 Dr. Rama was so helpful to me. She spent ample time with me during my pregnancy explaining what to expect. She was patient through my delivery, and stayed for the entire pushing stage. Because I was a first time mom, I was so scared! She was extremely compassionate. If I choose to have a second baby, I'd love to have Dr. Rama as my ob again.
RID: 1706652
07/02/12 5 4 5 5 Dr.Sreedevi Rama is an excellent doctor and I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a very caring and passionate doctor.She was very helpful throughout my pregnancy period and delivery time.I would also like to thank all the staff for taking good care of me.  Respond
RID: 1703343
02/02/12 5 5 5 5 Good knowledge and experience by the doctor on maternal care. Friendly and experienced staff. Very rarely it happens that I need to wait a little at the appointment else its good.
Paid (or co-pay): $3000
RID: 1702578
01/02/12 4 4 5 5 Dr. Sreedevi Rama is so friendly, energetic, efficient and more than all very much optimistic. I can confidantly say that, my wife got the NORMAL(vaginal) delivery only because of Dr.Rama. The way she motivated my wife during the labor is unforgettable. Thank you so much Dr.Rama for your cooperation & support during my wife's pregnancy period.
RID: 1698807
28/01/12 5 5 5 5 Overall an excellent doctor and staff. Let me start with a few negatives. I read some reviews with similar comments so I think it holds true. First, the staff is not very helpful on the phone and tries to end the conversation as soon as possible. If you need to call the doctor, my advice is to make a list of the questions before calling so nothing is overlooked. Second, I had issues with the office getting information from the hospital at which I did the ultrasounds. I had to make a few calls between the hospital and the office but in the end it worked out. Other than these 2 points I found both the doctor and staff to be excellent. The doctor spent plenty of time going over our questions and was very knowledgeable. The staff was very friendly, courteous, and at times went out of their way to help us out. If/when we decide to have a second child, 1 thing I can count on is that Dr. Rama will be my OBGYN.
RID: 1641784
22/11/11 4 5 5 5 Rama Sreedevi, an excellent doctor. We have visited her during my wife pregnancy and the doctor took care of everything till the delivery day. She is very supportive, explain the situation very calmly and suggest the best way to overcome the issue. Our decision to choose Rama Sreedevi was perfect.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 1553927
05/10/11 5 5 5 5 I am lucky to have Dr.Rama as my Gyn. She is very patient in answering all my questions and gave me helpful tips and advice. I had labor pain early in the morning she did attend to my call at that time. The staff's service is also very good. Overall I felt like I am in safe hands.
RID: 1551264
01/10/11 4 5 5 5 Dr.Rama is a very good.She patiently answers all our queries, even if they are silly. We always have our appt before 5.30pm and there is literally no wait time. Once we had an appt at 6.30 and had to wait until 8pm. Even on the day when we had to wait long, the doctor never showed any hurry. So crowd or no crowd, you will never be rushed.Ours had a high risk of pre-term labor & had gestational diabetes. she took excellent care of us.finally we had a normal delivery at 40 weeks. Even in the hospital the doctor was the most nice and soft person much better than the nurses. On office staff - I never had any issues. They do their job right. You cannot expect the staff to ask you "how are you, hows is the day, pls sit down etc.." and show the sophistication you would want.End of the day the doctor is too good compared to these small issues. You will always get a call back if there is a emergency. You will never feel ignored even if its a sunday. Dr.Rama is Excellent! 200% recommended!!
Paid (or co-pay): $260
RID: 1525049
29/08/11 5 4 5 5 The office staff are extremely courteous to patients. They take care and Dr. Rama spent the whole night in the hospital for the delivery taking special care. It is amazing! service.
Paid (or co-pay): $1000
RID: 1512309
14/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Rama is a great doctor. She has good knowledge,give enough time to the patients and answer all the questions politely. In our case,we called so many times in night, she responded every call and came to the hospital before time. Office staff is also very friendly and co-operative.  Respond
RID: 1504096
04/08/11 5 5 5 5 She is the best Doctor Ever We could get for my wife..she has always been very helpful and I am so happy that with all her efforts, my wife had a normal delivery and all credit goes to her....thanks Dr Rama..you are the best
RID: 1484853
12/07/11 5 4 5 5 Dr Rama is an excellent doctor.She delivered my baby 2 months ago and overall her service was outstanding.She is very kind,caring,friendly,knowledgeable and professional. She responds to all the questions patiently inspite of her busy schedule. She tries her best for normal delivery but unfortunately mine ended up with C section after waiting for 2 days.She did an outstanding job with my incision in Csection surgery.She was very very comforting through out my pregnancy and delivery. The office staff was very friendly and gave us flexible appointments in the late evenings too. I would definitely go to Dr Rama for my second baby and highly recommend others to choose her.Overall our experience was great with Dr Rama.
RID: 1476023
29/06/11 5 4 5 5 I gave birth to a little Angel on 04/20/2011 and my Doctor is Rama Sreedevi, a wonderful lady whom i have met. I had high risk issues and complicated was my case but with her experience and knowledge she made my delivery successful.Staff is good and very polite, they call and remind us about our appointments. Also keep updated about our scan results. Dr Rama is really a wonderful person, i would definitely recommend her to all my friends.
RID: 1468294
20/06/11 5 4 5 5 Wonderful doctor,great staff result satisfaction.being in IT i have tendency to google a lot and lookout for forums and wiki if i have any issue result tons of question to doctor and sometime on weekends and odd timings. She was so helpful that she has taken all my call listen patiently and answer each one of them. My mom is doctor in India I know how it feels like when some patient try to dig deeper and ask 100 question but she answered all of them multiple times. Staff is nice and complements her. Staff is not only her but patients support system too. I came across Anjali and Shallu both are nice ladies to help and have ear to listen when you have pregnancy hormone taking different turns.They will help you out with different workable visit option and remembers you personally thats what you need during crucial time.Having labcorp is an add on.I would recommend my doctor to all my friends and will visit her if required even if i compare my first preg and this one baby#2 with Dr. Rama
RID: 1455266
02/06/11 4 4 4 4 Doctor is very polite and kind and answers all your questions and spends time with you. She takes good care of the patients.
RID: 1435138
07/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr rama is the best har staff is the best dr is very helpfull Am front desk lady is very friendly always return call for my reports on time pm front desk lady is very very nice all I can say dr is lucky to have staff like this best of luck Dr rama
Insurance: Banner Health
RID: 1410268
08/04/11 1 1 2 3 This Docter is good but greedy. She admits as many patients as they come and make you wait for atleast 2.30 hrs.Very bad office mangement and it is not a quiet/clean office.If you are INDIAN and if you think the name "SREEDEVI" sounds more prosperous and bring luck with your pregnancy..pl try it for yourself. Sometimes Dr's husband picks up the phone and provide free advise. As the Dr has so many patients she wont remember your history and you should be keep on reminding her during each visit. To say simply, they are running an office very economically, but seeing more profits by letting every one coming to them.
RID: 1409238
07/04/11 5 4 5 5 Dr Rama is a great doctor. She has good knowledge, spends enough time with the patients answering every questions. Anytime you need her advice, just call her - she'll call you back with in 10 min if she couldn't pick the phone. No matter if its week end/midnight/non-office hours - she is always available to support you. Even at the hospital, she will be at your bedside during labor, encouraging and supporting you. She tries her best to avoid C-Section deliveries. Glad that we chose her!! Staff too is very courteous.
RID: 1387901
15/03/11 2 1 3 3 After reading the favorable reviews on this website and meeting another Indian couple who were a patient at Rama's office we decided to go to her for our 1st preg. The office is badly mismanaged- all your confidential info is asked up front in front of all the patients. I was very embarassed when asked my menstrual history in public. The doc makes u wait forever and when she does arrive she quickly dismisses you. Very india municiplality hospital like. The urine samples in open cups keep lying in the bathroom and stink the whole place up. The doc has no equipment except for an old fashioned doppler machine which doesnt work most times. very dissatisfied. Also i have heard some of her patients call if they had any bleeding or something to ask for her advice. The doc does not talk to them and asks her assistant to say (very rudely) that these ppl shud go to ER not call here. This happened 2 times on different days that I was (forever) waiting for my turn!! Not recommended!!
RID: 1352189
01/02/11 5 4 5 5 She delivered our first baby and we are very much impressed with the whole experience. Definitely she is gonna be our doc for all future gynyc problems. she is always accessible by phone and promptly calls back if the test results are not normal. Very knowledgeable and answers all your questions. We were able to get same day appointment on a couple of instances when there is a need to see the doc. Never had any problems with office staff or waiting times( might be because we always went to her during weekdays and before 6:00pm) Have been referring her to all my friends. One last thing, trust ur doc and let her(and not google) do the diagnosis and treatment.
RID: 1284954
02/11/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Rama was my doctor for my first child. She was very helpful and knows what she says. She spends enough time with us for every visit and answers all the questions asked during each visit. We were able to reach out to her late night without any hassle during my labor. Overall we liked her.
RID: 1225215
09/08/10 4 4 5 5 Our experience with Dr. Rama is excellent. 1. We went to this doctor for the 2nd baby pregnancy. 2. Here are few of the best things about RAMA. - She spends enough time with patients, answers all questions very patiently. She is the best in it and very knowledgeable. (my wife was always happy in all her visits during the pregnancy). - When ever my wife had problems in home, calling her was never a problem, she responds to the calls with less than 5-10 min (it can be any day Sat/Sun) and answered perfectly to all questions. Being a busy doctor responding to patient calls so promptly is the best thing doctor has. - Dr. Rama is very caring to her patients. - During pregnancy time too, she was updating about the status timely, though our case was complicated she taken care of it smoothly. We were very happy choosing the doctor. - I would definitely recommend Dr. Rama, and wish her all the best.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1217798
28/07/10 5 5 5 5 Our experience with Doctor is excellent through out my wife's pregnancy. My wife had normal delivery. She is very caring and listen to your all queries and spent enough time to answer all your questions. We know that on delivery day we called her every 3 hour and i think she didn't had enough sleep on that night. I really appreciate her, time spent on that day. I can say that my wife was in safe hands, and we are glad that we choose excellent Doctor. And we don't have problem with the staff. Yes, we recommend Dr. Sreedevi Rama.
RID: 1210703
19/07/10 5 5 5 5 The best doctor we could find for my wife's pregnancy. We had a very good experience with Doctor Sreedevi Rama through out my wife's pregnancy. She was very supportive, caring and taking care of all the problems beforehand. The best time I like about her is that she will listen to all your questions and reply them appropriately. My wife's pregnancy was a little complicated and Dr. Rama took care of it very well. I will certainly recommend her to any one.
RID: 1182867
04/06/10 5 5 5 5 No problems. Dr. Sreedevi Rama is very professional. The first time I went to her, I had a lot of questions and she spent almost 30 mins to clear my doubts
RID: 1178365
28/05/10 2 3 2 2 I went to her for my periods problem. She told me to take scan and gave birth control/harmone pills. She also told me that if the scan results are normal,her office staff will call,If it is not normal, she herself wl cal me.i got the cal from the office staff that everything is normal and told me to continue the same pills. 2 months later, after 10 days of my period,i was having blood spotting.So i went to her again. I asked the lady in the front desk to give me a copy of the scan results. She took my scan results and was telling me that some important info is missing. She called and asked the scan people to send the correct scan results.. I was totally shocked.. After getting the scan copy,I went to meet her. I was asking her abt this issue, she was simply telling that "ya, I myself noticed that information is missing, i asked the scan people to send the correct info". She literally lied.she dint even know that scan results have been replaced. "She is not Genuine" Stay Away from her.
RID: 1147374
11/04/10 5 5 5 5 She is wonderful Ob . she delivered my son last month. Eventhough I had high risk issues she made my pregnancy go very easy.I never felt nervous about anything under her care.She is accurate in her diagnosis,very caring and listens to all your concerns and answers even some stupid questions.One day she said to me that "nothing is stupid".She is the best doctor.
RID: 1112190
22/02/10 1 1 1 1 She is the worst doctor that i have ever visited.When I got my hpt positive,i went to her as one of my friend recommended me to Dr.Rama.At my first visit she did my urine test & pelvic examination & told me that i'm preg.& my uterus feels like 6 to 8 wks,& referred me for a blood test & ultrasound.She called me after few days & said that my blood test is negative i'm not preg.also my ultrasound showed nothing.But the Dr who did my ultrasound told me that there is a thickening in my uterus wall so i should go for another blood test in a week or so. 2 weeks later again i got positive on my hpt,so i visited her again &asked for another blood test as i was feeling preg.We all know that sometimes it takes time for hcg to build up)but she refused & said i'm not preg &said its all in my mind.She even lied to me that she never said i was preg.i was shocked.i went to another Dr. who confirmed my pregnancy as this time my blood test was positive but it was too late & 2 weeks later i miscarried.
* - Rating left by a registered user