Dr. Michael A. Newman

Grad. Year: 1967

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 31/07/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 24 reviews. Dr. Michael A. Newman has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Optometrist-related: eye care, vision testing, eyeglasses, contacts
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5585235
28/06/14 5 5 5 5 I’ve read articles about people who enjoy their jobs and can’t wait to go to work, but I have never actually met one of them. That is, until I had an appointment with Dr. Michael A. Newman in Ewing, NJ. I’ve worn contact lenses for years which worked for day vision, but my night vision was very poor. It finally got to the point of me switching to glasses for night driving with the hopes that the Crizal coating would help with the glare. It did slightly. I met someone who recommended Dr. Newman and despite the fact I live in Toms River, he is well worth the drive to Ewing. He recommended a couple of different things and the final result…SynergEyes Duette HD lenses did the trick! He is very passionate about his work, very innovative and very knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat. He also has a great office staff working with him.  Respond
RID: 3610415
20/11/13 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Newman for more than 25 years and appreciate the care and passion he has for me as a patient. He takes his time and explains things clearly in layman's terms and works hard to keep my vision 20/20.
RID: 3600440
09/11/13 5 5 5 5 Have been a patient for over 20 years---office staff is always courteous and prompt--dr newman is precise, professional, runs on time, and is the best lens fitter in the area!!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 3576471
22/10/13 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Newman's for more than 30 years. Dr. Newman still affords me the same dedication and concern for my vision issues as he did the first time we met. He is always striving to give me the best of what is available for my low vision condition. A more dedicated doctor would be hard to come by. I so appreciate the time and effort that has been put into my eye care. Lynn D'Ambrose
RID: 2581817
10/03/13 4 5 5 5 Price included one year supply of disposable contacts. I have been a patient of Dr. Newman's for 33 years. He is the best eye doctor ever. He is passionate about his profession and it shows in the care he provides to his patients. He does everything he can to meet your needs, and like many other reviewers, I too have a difficult perscription. I have recommended him to dozens of friends and will continue to do so.
RID: 2402693
16/08/12 5 5 5 5 For contact lenses - this is the place to go. Tried so many others who said I couldn't wear lenses. Well, Dr. Newman took the time to set me up with what I needed and I've been wearing lenses for years now. Wouldn't go to anyone else!  Respond
RID: 2385115
26/07/12 5 4 5 5 Dr Newman is beyond amazing. I am not the easiest person to fit and he has been so patient with me and now I see perfect. His staff is so pleasent and courteous. Lisa is a doll and is the warm and friendly to everyone. I recommend Dr Newmand to everyone I know that needs contact lenses. A++++
RID: 2336025
08/07/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Newman came highly recommended several years ago and he has not disappointed. I very much appreciate his thorough exams. He will make sure you are comfortable in the contacts you wear everyday. Every time I hear someone say they need to see an eye Dr, I recommend Dr. Newman. I will be his patient until he decides to retire.
RID: 2290372
25/06/12 5 5 5 5 I love Dr. Newman. He is thorough despite his busy day, and he is pleasant and easy to talk to. His staff is the most accommodating, friendliest staff of any doctor I have ever gone to. They are down-to-earth, patient, and never make you seem like you are bothering them. By far, the best doctor's office and personnel I have ever dealt with. Highly recommend them!
RID: 2232781
11/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Newman was recomended to me by a friend and I have been his patient for 7 years. Since I have terrible eye sight, I have always had trouble finding a doctor that did a thorough job with my exam and I always ended up going back again and again because the perscription was wrong. Dr. Newman was the first doctor I only saw one time for an exam per year. He found my terrible eye sight to be interesting and although I sayed a few minutes longer for my 15 minute exam, he did a small experiment and found my correct problems with my eyes! I am shocked at how efficient his staff is and helpful and ready with important information. I walked into his waiting room with my book expecting to wait a long time because I saw 7 people waiting. I did not finish 3 pages before I was seen! I will never see another eye doctor as long as he is in business. He and his team also worked with me to find a payment plan that agreed with us both. I cannot share enough kind words for this doctor and his team.
RID: 2111436
05/05/12 1 4 5 5 Like his Dad who I went to for many years, Dr. Mike is very helpful, very thorough, very good.  Respond
RID: 2001331
09/04/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Newman is the ultimate health-care professional. He is a very thorough, patient, caring, kind and competent health care provider and is extremely easy to work with. He has great empathy for his patients and genuinely cares about their health and well being. I would highly recommend him to anyone without any reservation whatsoever.  Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Michael" to "Michael A."
RID: 1853260
05/04/12 4 5 5 5 Dr. Newman is extremely knowledgeable and very professional. He has what I believe to be the latest equipment and technology. The Doctor is patient and very caring which makes him an excellent "troubleshooter". I found him to be very generous with his time in terms of the examination and especially the follow-up on the phone (he is very interested in helping his patients). I have been to several "top eye doctors" and I can attest that Dr. Newman is superior to all of them in terms of successfully resolving a problem that had plagued me for over a year and a half. I only hope that the Doctor continues to paractice for many years to come so that other patients will benefit from his expertise.  Respond
RID: 1711159
11/02/12 5 5 5 5 He is the greatest doctor ever, always there for you. great person.  Respond
RID: 1567235

21/10/11 1 3 1 5 Dr. Newman is great but I will never return. He has the worst staff ever - horrible, rude, and incompetent people. I'd rather go through 1-800contacts then deals with these idiots again.
See Responses
RID: 1549867
29/09/11 3 4 5 5 Excellent doctor. I love him. He always makes me smile. I would reccommend him to any body.  Respond
RID: 1535340

12/09/11 2 4 5 5 I love Dr. Newman. I have been a patient first with his dad going back 33 years. However, is staff is rude, discourteous and some need to be fired!
See Responses
RID: 1439601
12/05/11 5 5 5 5 Excellent doctor. Vert caring and concerned for patients.Punctual with appointments.  Respond
RID: 1432107
04/05/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Newman is the BEST! He is one of the most friendly doctors I have ever come across and as mentioned in other reviews, will do anything he can to make you comfortable.  Respond
RID: 1284429
02/11/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Newman is an excellent doctor. He is always available and wiling to help if you have a problem. He is great with diagnosing and treating eye infections and is excellent with fitting contacts. I was being treated by another doctor for an eye infection for months with no improvement. After seeing Dr. Newman one time, my eyes were cleared.  Respond
RID: 1249285
13/09/10 5 5 5 5 I've been a long time patient of Mike Newman's (25 yrs?) & travel over an hour to see him because he's so good. He is a lovely, caring man and has worked very hard to get me into comfortable contacts. I would recommend him in a heartbeat. He is one of my favorite people ever. All the good things that people say about him in the other reviews are true. You will love him!
RID: 512691
13/02/08 3 5 4 5 I've been a patient of Drs Sydney and Michael Newman since 1985. After working with several optometrists including the national chains, I have found that Dr. Sydney (Michael's father who passed away a few years ago) and Michael are the best in the area. Dr. Michael knows how to fit contacts and will work with you until it is perfect. And his impression of perfect far exceeds that of any of the national chains or other local Drs. I've heard that a lot of their patients have been with them for many years. I am one of them.
Paid (or co-pay): $200
RID: 388846
20/08/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Neuman was very friendly, knowledgeable, and very accomodating to my hectic schedule. He diligently worked with me for several months to get contacts for my eyes. I suffer from several disorders so he was very comforting and helpful.  Respond
RID: 42093
23/08/06 4 4 4 Good Optometrist specializing in contact lenses. Very patient, friendly, understanding. I have a difficult prescription problem and he worked with me until he got it right. He's been in the business a long time. Would recommend him to others.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user