Dr. Vasco Da Silva

Dr. Vasco Da Silva

Rate Dr. Vasco Da Silva

Dr. Vasco Da Silva's Ratings

In 1996 my father was admitted to the Ottawa Hospital where on that day or shortly afterwards he experienced a hemorrhagic stroke. Despite my family repeatedly asking for a CT scan, we were denied by the staff physician, Dr. David Davidson. He told us that my father had not experienced a stroke but rather probably had pneumonia...this despite the fact that he was has all the signs of a stroke (slurred speech, difficulty speaking etc.) Over the next 2 weeks my father remained in a stupor. Suddenly after two weeks, he was finally given a CT scan which indicated he had experienced a stroke. Dr. Da Silva operated on my father and provided a ventricular peritoneal shunt. My father got better but passed away two weeks after. After he died I obtained the clinical notes that indicated the doctors had known he had a stroke right from the beginning of his hospitalization. If the other doctors involved had been as professional and ethical as Dr. Da Silva, my father would have survived.

Submitted June 19, 2014 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Da Silva's since 1998 and am extremely impressed. He performed a discectomy (sp?) with tremendous results, until scar tissue developed and I started having issues again. This had nothing to do with his surgery. I slipped and fell several months post-op and also develop hypertrophic scarring which was unknown until he operated. He also discovered I have something called "conjoined nerve endings". I have continued to develop disc/pain issues and rather than perform more "conventional" surgery,he sent me for epidural injections from a fab young dr. at another hospital, as well as a referral to a fantastic pain specialist. I have managed quite well so far, but hope to have laser surgery to help with my other issues. Not "available" here yet, so I may end up being referred state-side. I have complete confidence in him. Besides, he has a lovely personality/sense of humour which is incredibly rare in my experience. Obrigada, Dr. Da Silva.

Submitted March 19, 2014 | flag

Excellent surgeon. I found however that he doesn't seem to be interested or want to use any of the newer, proven methods for disc issues. I wanted to use the procedure where a substance is injected between vertrebra to correct certain problems. Wouldn't do that so I wanted to know about an artificial disc. Nope. No real explaination why. Perhaps too old school - and I don't mean that in any bad way. Surgeons like to cut I guess !

Submitted Nov. 24, 2013 | flag

I loved to have Dr. DaSilva as my surgeon :) He was so assuring, knowledgable, and caring. He understands the fear!!! He did a wonderful job on my head, that no one can notice I had a braon surgery :) If you are looking for a brain sergeon I wouls definitely recommend him.

Submitted Nov. 11, 2013 | flag

Excellent dr.! Not the best understanding pain after surgery but he did an awesome job on my head!

Submitted Nov. 5, 2013 | flag

Dr. Dasilva is a warm and nice person who has his patient's welfare at heart. He operated on me 3 times and I was very satisfied with what he did. He has followed me for many years. Not too many neurosurgeons would do this.

Submitted July 2, 2013 | flag