You may also like

Rate Dr. Abram Berens

Dr. Abram Berens's Ratings

Dr Berens is our family practitioner. We find him to be professional and extremely knowledgeable. He goes out of his way to research our health concerns while trying to keep our costs down. We would strongly recommend Dr. Berens.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2776440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Run, run, run as fast as you can... Dr Beren's and his practice is a complete joke. It all started when my husband made an appointment for a general physical at 8am, the receptionist did not arrive until 8:15 and advised him his appointment was at 9am, which was their first mistake because I was standing right next to him when he made the appointment for 8am, never the less he was not seen until after 10am and was there until 12 pm, therefore missing a half day of work, which we would of been fine if he had received a decent physical. Dr Beren's talked to my husband for a minute about his health, did not advise him on what tests were being completed and then proceeded to talk to him about hair plugs- my husband can grow hair, he chooses to shave his head. We were mailed the results of the blood work but will be taking the. to a different dr to explain to us because we received a $393.00 bill from the lab for the blood tests that Dr Beren's performed because they were not medically necessary. We attempted to call and speak to someone in billing for days regarding the tests that were performed and we were told that she was out of the office, after telling the receptionist that we were going to go on-line and give a bad review of the customer service Dr Beren's himself called my husband back. I seriously thought we were being pranked...Dr Beren's was screaming at my husband stating that we were cyber bullying him- a review is simply voicing our opinion and experience not cyber bullying, he stated that he is a dr and does not have time for this and it is not his problem what our insurance covers- which we have a great ppo plan. A week later we received the paper work that my husband signed stating that he would be responsible for what insurance does not cover and they highlighted his signature- we are not idiots- obviously they get their patients to sign this to seek no responsibility themselves- all we wanted was an explanation of why these tests were done, then we received another $45 bill for more tests that were completed for a total bill of $463 for an annual general physical. The staff at Dr Beren's is rude and unprofessional, Dr Berens performs unnecessary tests and he is obviously in the medical field for the money and cares nothing about his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2769496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Dr. Berens is very professional and always keeps my best interest at heart despite insurance companies trying to dictate care. He is very caring person.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2618667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

I see Dr Berens regularly and find him to be professional and attentive to all my medical needs. I recommend him without reservation.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2610675].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

EXCELLENT DOCTOR , WHILE MOST DOCTORS ARE IN AND OUT , HE WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE ANSWERS . THE SPECIALISTS HE RECOMMENDS ARE ALSO TOP NOTCH. HE REALLY CARES ABOUT YOU!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2607485].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

At first I thought he was extremely knowledgeable until he started acting the fool. Constantly having to go back to his office for this and for that. I felt as though he may be hard up for money and patients. As I sat waiting for him in his office, I looked around and noticed how dirty everything was. The bathroom was dirty...it's a Doctors office for goodness sake, shouldn't it at least be somewhat sterile??? As time went on, my gut wasn't feeling right about him. I think he blows allot of hot air and talks others down. Bad experience

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2569812].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

going to Dr. Berens' office was the most horrible experience one could imagine. Be careful, because he will try to charge patients for services that are covered by your insurance company, he will make sure he bills and gets paid by your insurance company, and YOU!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2564069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2014

I went to see Dr. Berens for Botox and Juvederm. He made me feel uncomfortable right away he is not very friendly. I knew how much I needed because I have been getting this maintenance done for 5 years. He implied I needed a face lift (surgery) or a lot more than what I knew I needed (Juvederm & Botox). Then he tried to sell me on getting additional things done. In addition told me he didn't have the Juvederm I was looking for (which has its own numbing agent on it) and to numb my face he will have to charge me more. It was such a bad experience that I actually changed my mind and got up and left his office. Went to another Dr. a week later who told me what I needed and it coincided with what I knew it to be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2012

He is the only doctor that was able to clear up my skin. He took his time with me and never rushed me out with my tons of questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949039].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

He spends more time adding info on his computer than with patients. He can be rude at times. If you want to take a chance, go and see it yourself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949038].votes_count ]]