Rate Dr. James Bentley

Dr. James Bentley's Ratings

I found Dr. Bentley caring, funny and professional. He is very knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. He saved my life and I am grateful he preformed my surgery. I cannot imagine how difficult it is for him to tell most of his patients they have cancer...... He also has a team of wonderful young interns and residents who were all outstanding .... I hope these young doctors all stay in Nova Scotia.

Submitted Oct. 5, 2013 | flag

Found no compassion from this doctor. Told my daughter she had months to live and slipped out the door. I don't know how these other people found him so wonderful & caring. It must have been his twin. Our daughter has since passed away, however, as a mother, I will never forget that day and how this doctor showed no empathy for my daughter or myself.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2013 | flag

This man saved my life. I found him caring, funny and professional. He knows what he is doing and I am grateful he preformed my surgery.

Submitted May 1, 2013 | flag

On Sept,2012 I was excited to know I was having my surgery in Halifax, and to find out I was having one of the best Doctors in this field made my stress level drop. I was honored to have Dr. Bentley as my surgern,and he is a great asset to the Victoria General. To me he is best described as: dependable,remarkable,professional,and someone my family, and I will not forget.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2012 | flag

I couldn't have asked for better care. Very knowledgeable, kind and professional. He saved my life.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2012 | flag

Excellent Doctor, very knowledgable, informative and compassionate. Felt extremely comfortable while in his care.

Submitted March 7, 2012 | flag

I felt there was no empathy shown for my daughter with stage 3 cancer or myself as a parent. I felt optimistic at the beginning of the diagnosis & then suddently everything seemed to change very quickly with no positive treatments offerred. I wish he could put himself in my place as the parent when bluntly told she had one year then seem to quickly sneak away out the door away from you. I felt he never offerred any real postive words of encouragement,sympathy, or understanding. Very upsetting for my daughter and myself; leaving her feeling "hopeless". I feel it is so important to keep positive, however, we were left with a feeling there is no hope.... "Merry Christmas" to you, doctor and I wish you could have an understanding of how we feel this Christmas.

Submitted Dec. 14, 2011 | flag

Dr. Bentley is one of the best obyn/oncologists in North America. He is a superb diagnostician & surgeon & I was very lucky to have this brilliant, kind physician perform my surgery. Patients are treated with kindness & respect by his team.

Submitted May 17, 2011 | flag

Dr Bentley saved my life, of course I think he is the best.....

Submitted April 1, 2011 | flag

If it were not for Dr. Bentley and his staff I do not beleive that I would be here today. Through their great care they have brought me from deaths door to living a productive life and looking forward to the future. I thank God everyday for him and his team.

Submitted Oct. 27, 2010 | flag