Rate Dr. James Bentley

Dr. James Bentley's Ratings

Saved my life ten years ago. Still see him twice a year. I know I couldn't be in better hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2640142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

I found Dr. Bentley caring, funny and professional. He is very knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. He saved my life and I am grateful he preformed my surgery. I cannot imagine how difficult it is for him to tell most of his patients they have cancer...... He also has a team of wonderful young interns and residents who were all outstanding .... I hope these young doctors all stay in Nova Scotia.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2013

Found no compassion from this doctor. Told my daughter she had months to live and slipped out the door. I don't know how these other people found him so wonderful & caring. It must have been his twin. Our daughter has since passed away, however, as a mother, I will never forget that day and how this doctor showed no empathy for my daughter or myself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949239].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2013

This man saved my life. I found him caring, funny and professional. He knows what he is doing and I am grateful he preformed my surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949238].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

On Sept,2012 I was excited to know I was having my surgery in Halifax, and to find out I was having one of the best Doctors in this field made my stress level drop. I was honored to have Dr. Bentley as my surgern,and he is a great asset to the Victoria General. To me he is best described as: dependable,remarkable,professional,and someone my family, and I will not forget.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949237].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2012

I couldn't have asked for better care. Very knowledgeable, kind and professional. He saved my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2012

Excellent Doctor, very knowledgable, informative and compassionate. Felt extremely comfortable while in his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

I felt there was no empathy shown for my daughter with stage 3 cancer or myself as a parent. I felt optimistic at the beginning of the diagnosis & then suddently everything seemed to change very quickly with no positive treatments offerred. I wish he could put himself in my place as the parent when bluntly told she had one year then seem to quickly sneak away out the door away from you. I felt he never offerred any real postive words of encouragement,sympathy, or understanding. Very upsetting for my daughter and myself; leaving her feeling "hopeless". I feel it is so important to keep positive, however, we were left with a feeling there is no hope.... "Merry Christmas" to you, doctor and I wish you could have an understanding of how we feel this Christmas.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949241].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2011

Dr. Bentley is one of the best obyn/oncologists in North America. He is a superb diagnostician & surgeon & I was very lucky to have this brilliant, kind physician perform my surgery. Patients are treated with kindness & respect by his team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949234].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Dr Bentley saved my life, of course I think he is the best.....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949233].votes_count ]]