Dr. Emily S. Riser

Grad. Year: 1984

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Emily S. Riser has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurologist-related: nervous system, epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, dementia, stroke, myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, peripheral neuropathy, neuromuscular disorders, sleep disorders
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.2

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Emily" to "Emily S."
RID: 2880871
26/09/13 1 5 5 5 Dr.Riser is very nice. It takes months to get a appointment regardless of how you feel. Staff would not find a earlier appointment for me when I was getting worse.
RID: 1518748
22/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Emily Riser is so sweet and kind. I am so glad she is now my physician.
RID: 1315671
15/12/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Emily is the most caring, compassionate doctor we have ever used. She treats my husband for stroke, and she treats him like the intelligent human being that he is. We always get a little lift after seeing her. She is very connected to the university staff, and refers when she wants a second opinion. She is an amazing person and an amazing doctor.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1048881
03/12/09 5 5 5 5 She is an angel. I love her and she makes a bad diagnosis bearable and is truly an encourager! I literally trust her with my life and I value her advice!
RID: 904992
04/06/09 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Emily for over 10 years for my MS. I became a patient when I lived in Birmingham, and when I moved to Mississippi I continue to drive over 3 hrs to my appts.....Believe me....It's well worth it! She is the most knowledgeable physician that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing! She cares about every aspect of my life! I feel the same way about her Nurse Karen. Karen attends MS conferences and stays on top of MS treatment as much as Dr. Emily does! The office environment is so pleasant that I feel alittle sad when the appt. is over! I consider these people to be Friends and Family. I believe that anyone who has the good fortune to be a patient of Dr. Emily Riser should consider themselves blessed!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 364726
12/07/07 5 5 5 5 After 18 months of rigorous testing with other physicians and specialists, it took two weeks for Dr. Riser to diagnose my husband's problems which have totally disabled him. I owe a great deal of gratitude to this physician and appreciate her perkiness, knowledge and zeal. Would definitely recommend!!!
RID: 134303
09/02/07 5 5 5 Dr. Riser is very nice and takes plenty of time to talk with you. Very positive and comforting experience.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $2500
RID: 41892
22/08/06 5 5 5 Dr. Riser is VERY attentive, caring, open minded, experienced, and understanding. She specializes in MS and is the best neuro I have ever been to (And I have been to many!!!).