Dr. Clary P. Foote

Grad. Year: 1975

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 19 reviews. Dr. Clary P. Foote has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5168092
07/02/14 4 5 4 5 I think the girls that work there now do a great job. They just needed a few months to get into the groove of things. Dr. Foote, I think does a wonderful job. He does seem to rush from time to time, but for the most part I would say he truely cares about his patients.
RID: 4785455

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.3  Respond
RID: 3589545
29/10/13 1 1 3 3 Is it true that he keeps company with folks who has criminal history which includes "this"...casual exchange of drugs? And did he really fire office staff of 20yrs to hire someone who DUI, putting his very clients at risk for death and wears a court ordered ankle monitoring device, true? If so probably not a good choice for a family doctor.  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Clary" to "Clary P."
RID: 2893713
03/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Foote is an exceptional MD and I really enjoyed his NEW staff! So much better than the ladies that were there before. Finally, some women with compassion just like him. The new group of ladies are certainly going through a transition but just give them a few months and that place will be spectacular. Personally, I think they are trying their best and the patients should be a lot nicer to them. Dr Foote would not fire his staff of 20 years unless he had very good reason.. from what I hear he had many good reason....dishonesty is a very bad thing... Wonderful MD.. I wouldn't even think of going to anyone else!
RID: 2695251
26/06/13 3 4 1 3 They write you medicine and then make you wait for 2 weeks before they authorize it to go through. If it was any old medicine then it would be different, but I was put in the hospital from where they would not call my insurance company and allow it to go through my body shut down from becoming dependant on the medicine and I called EVERY DAY and asked them to please do a PA and the secretaries reply was I'm too busy making apts and I'm only one person, I'll try to get to it next week. Next week! I could have died! All they care about is their money, NOT their patients!!! SHAME ON YOU!  Respond
RID: 1688037
16/01/12 5 3 3 4 Doctor Foote is a wonderful man, one of the best people you could ever meet. His staff is exceptional. However, I do believe that the doctor is very nervous and often seems confused. He doesn't read his charts and seems to find it difficult to remember what he is supposed to be checking. I would hate to see him leave the practice. He is caring and genuinely concerned about his patients. He does not prescribe excessively, actually he prefers not to prescribe if it can be avoided. There are definitely issues with his attention span. And the way he walks out in his patients while talking is very unprofessional. He never asks if you have any questions. He doesn't say he is done. He just leaves.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1666210
20/12/11 2 2 3 5 Too many patients overloading a great doctor. Staff is harried and disorganized.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1634804
15/11/11 5 3 5 5 Caring very knowledge dr and staff wouldn't use anyone else for general things
RID: 1359311
09/02/11 5 5 5 5 awesome doc, very hip, yet the care and attention that this man bestows upon his paitints rivals only to the late mother theresa, lol (im joking of course)but im not when i say this man and his warmth ,his confrontations,when justified, his beratings and anger that he lets you see if you try and fool him,yet if you show him genuineness,forgivenes is swqift and heartfelt,,,plain and simple a true hero  Respond
RID: 1336240
14/01/11 3 3 2 3 Dr Foote is extremely busy really needs to get another dr in there with him seems like he might have been a good dr at one time but he has to many patients im guessing because he wrote me the wrong med because he was looking at someone else chart I told him that was not me and he still ended up giving me the other persons script. He seems very nervous , He also feel ASLEEP! when he was writing my father in laws script and when he took it to get filled the pharmacist couldn't even read it it was just scribble . When you call to get refills on something it takes them two days to do it .The just dont seem very professional to me , I worked in a Dr office , and have been to many Dr Offices and I have never seen anything like this.He diffidently needs help in there.  Respond
RID: 1126921
13/03/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Foote is exceptional in all areas...expecially caring. My experiences with him have been exemplary and satisfactory. I would certainly recommend him to anyone...particularly with diabetes.  Respond
RID: 1111231
21/02/10 3 3 1 1 He is neither thorough nor does he seem to actually care about the patients health. The wait in his office is not bad, and the staff are okay.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 899988
29/05/09 4 2 4 4 Dr. Foote spends a lot of time with each patient listening to their symptoms and trying to diagnose the problem. He seems genuinely concerned, but gives out medication very freely and instead of trying to solve the underlying problem, just medicates the symptoms.
RID: 657518
05/08/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Foote is a busy doctor. His superb patient report certainly leads to a huge client base. As a family doctor, he's one of the best in Eastern Tennessee. He is a well accomplished diagnostician. The wait times can be lengthy in the wait room but I feel he's worth the wait. He goes out of way for patients and it appears that he puts in 110% every day. Recommended.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 614747
16/06/08 5 4 5 5 The only reason I can see for the always full waiting room is that he's an absolutely wonderful doctor.I was indeed given a cup of medicine, but I was told what it was and I had already been examined by nurses and medical assitants.I had a fever-he gave me some Tylenol and a Nexium because I'd be getting more antibiotics and they're notorious for causing stomach upset.He also gave me a multivitamin because I wasn't holding fluids very well and was a little dehydrated and malnourished.I had been to two other doctors over a period of three weeks trying to figure out what was wrong with me and Dr. Foote and his WONDERFUL staff did every appropriate test and in a period of two hours, I was diagnosed and on my way to treatment.He made sure to follow up several times and I am healthy again.The nurses and staff are friendly,warm,and efficient and Dr. Foote will answer any questions you have and reassure you, but he doesn't sit around chattering either- he has a full waiting room to attend to!
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 488823
19/01/08 4 3 5 5 He is a great Doctor who wants to help his patients which is why he spends so much time with each patient. The wait is usually long but it is well worth it.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 487122
17/01/08 3 3 5 5 Dr. Foote was very helpful to me. I am a diabetic and he made me realize how important it is to keep my sugar levels under good control. With his good advice and directions I have seen my sugar level go to normal levels. I think if he didn't tell me all the potential complications in a straight honest and strong way I may have ended up with major problems. I give Dr. Foote my highest thanks.  Respond
RID: 73346
22/12/06 5 4 5 I THINK DR. FOOTE IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR. HE IS VERY KIND AND VERY CONSIDERATE OF HIS PATIENTS. HE IS SO HELPFUL TO HIS NURSES AND IS JUST A PERFECT GENTLEMAN.
Paid (or co-pay): $25000
RID: 41880
22/08/06 1 1 1 comes in gives you a cup of medicine no matter whats wrong with you.doesnt listen.time spent talking to him about 1 minute