Rate Dr. Shameela Karmali

Dr. Shameela Karmali's Ratings

Never stepping foot in the office again. Went for my daughters 2 year wellness check. Told me my daughter is 'malnourished' based solely on the charts - NO TESTS DONE and NO QUESTIONS asked about my childs diet, genetics, ect. My kid eats ALL day every day, constantly. Eating healthy things like organic eggs and fruit, cheese, yogurt, fish and nuts. She told me to stop breastfeeding because there are no 'known' benefits to breastfeeding after 2 (breastfed babies only need vitamin D drops because all vitamins come through breastmilk. The world national average of breastfeeding is 4-7 years. Is there some sort of expiry on breastmilk...please!) and that my daughter could get socially delayed! (The most recent studies have shown that extended breastfed children socially act the same or better then children who were only breastfed till 6 months). Also I looked up malnourishment and what I found said it is caused by a LACK of breastfeeding and that breastfeeding a CHILD (2 years in fact!) along with regular food would combat malnourishment. All of this is reason not to return but on top of all this she came in late on the 2/3 appointments that I have had and I had to wait 45-1.5 hours for each of my appointments which I was on time too. Wanted to leave this review incase any other mothers will get misled.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2531611].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

Dr. Karmali is a very kind and thorough doctor. She is very personable and easy to talk to. Most of her staff are friendly and professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2199239].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

the staff is not all that.. but i have no complains really about dr.karmali she has helped me through so much of health concerns and always makes sure to find me a solution

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][130047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Very courteous and knowledgeable. No complaints. I'd recommend Dr. Karmali to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][130046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

As a family physician, shouldn't you consider your patients if they need you to see them the same day? If someone is down with fever and needs to see his/her family physician, you are not available, and then you tell your patients to go somewhere else or wait for 5 days until the appointment. Really? No wonder emergency departments at the hospital are getting busier. Walk in clinics are a couple hours of waiting time, and so patients decide to crown emergency dept at the hospitals instead due to more equipment and better diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][130045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

The staff at protea medical clinic needs to be more sensitive towards patient issues, especially the female helpers. You are working there for a reason, why forget that reason? who gives you the right to talk about patients behind their back and laugh at patients coming in? Also, don't forget that the clinic is a service providing environment, so try to provide the service rather than being bossy towards the patient. I hope you come into situations where you have to decide whether to take a medication or to lose your job! I hope in those circumstances you will realize the need to provide to your family with money and the need to try and keep yourself healthy as well. Please train the staff in customer service, it will be helpful for the clinic's reputation and for the employees themselves!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][130044].votes_count ]]