Rate Dr. Nizam Razack

Dr. Nizam Razack's Ratings

It is my belief that Dr. Razack is not only very knowledgeable but also is not one to rush a patient into surgery. You can ALWAYS fine someone in this area who will operate on you even if it may not be the best thing for you. Before rushing into surgery you might one to really stop and think about your other options. I was told 17 years ago by another great Neurosurgeon that I will need surgery in the future and I'm glad I have waited (still waiting with fingers crossed).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2645939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

So I've been going there as of April 2014. I'm a 18 year old student and have two herniated disks two pars fractures and an L5 slide 1. It is now Nover be of 2014 and I WANT to get surgery. I am young and very very active. I played sports and ran on my free time as well as lift weights at school. I'm sorry to say I have to wait another 6 months to even think about getting a surgery. Why? I have no idea. All that was said is that I'm too young and he doesn't know if I'm done growing. I've been 5'9 for two years and I will be 19 in one month. I will "have to get surgery eventually" but he talked about when I'm 30! I WILL NOT wait until I'm 30. I want to heal and get back out there and enjoy my youth and sports. I waitem over anight hour for a 7 min appointment. I waited 45 minutes the last time. I'm going to get another opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2636266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2014

Great doctor! Will NOT advise surgery if not needed unlike some other physicians/centers. Staff was great too.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2600116].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Dr. seem to be knowledgeable and care for patients. Staff can not figure out how to get anything set up in a timely manner , Weeks to get simple testing set up.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2571266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Great doctor operated on my spine, I was up and walking in 2 weeks. He truly cares about his patients. I have been seeing him for years thank you doctor for being one of the few compassionate doctors we have left.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2508137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

Dr. Razack just did a cervical fusion on my neck C5-7. I was scared to death, but his PA, Mike and his surgery scheduler, Kim, really helped ease my fears. I woke up from surgery with virtually no pain. I had some swallowing pain, but it is already going away and I am day 3 post op. I have been walking around and enjoying not having the pre surgery issues. He is a wonderful, gentle surgeon and I could not be happier with the results. His staff is awesome. I wish I would have done this a long time ago instead of suffering for so many years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Dr. Razack is the former head of the Florida Neurosurgeons Association, and a friend referred me to him. I was a claims adjuster at the time, and I'm now an attorney. I knew and know many neurosurgeons through their work. Dr. Razack performed a C6-7 anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) with implanted hardware on me, and he did outstanding work that saved me from being crippled. I refer my clients to him because he is simply superb. If he doesn't think surgery is in your best interests, then he will state exactly that; likewise, he has an uncanny ability to spot neurological deficits that other doctors missed in my case. He is the most highly competent neurosurgeon I know, and I would trust no one else to perform neurosurgery upon me or a loved one.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1949385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2013

This doc. is absolutely wonderful. I had two back surgeries (lamenectomies) performed by him. Both were very successful. Recovery time took a while but after recovery, I felt great and I was back to my normal self. Before I could not sleep or do anything besides lay in a bed which made me miserable. Will be having another back surgery with him due to an accident. Reason why I had two prior back surgeries was because of two prior accidents due to people not paying attention to their surroundings. Would definitely recommend this doctor to anyone. He pretty much saved me from being paralyzed since my injuries were extensive. He's extremely knowledgeable and can pin point where you are having problems on the MRI's w/o looking at the reports. He listens to your concerns and your desires and most often times will do what you want him to do. For instance, the second surgery, he told me that maybe I should wait for the surgery but I told him I dont want to wait and he agreed to do surgery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1949384].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

Will not recommend this Doctor because he will not give diagnosis. He just keeps stringing you along to bill you for money. I asked direct questions, once I did he treated me like I was faking my pain. I have been seeing my own primary dr for pain meds and taking as few as possible. This guy makes you feel bad because you are actually in pain. But if you don't walk in with a broken back, but a herniated disc problem and then look out. You must be lying even though the MRI shows you have a problem. I wish I would have gone to someone else from the get go.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1949386].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2011

Dr Razack also told me that I do not need fusion surgery after being told by others(plural) that I did. He may have saved me from years of potential complications from an avoidable surgical procedure. I will gladly find and participate in aqua therapy instead.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949383].votes_count ]]