Rate Dr. Ray James

Dr. Ray James's Ratings

I found him very unsettling. Dr. Silverman was much more knowledgeable, professional and kind.

Submitted April 9, 2014 | flag

Dr James left me with terrible breast augmentation scars and the implants put in by him were drastically smaller than what I requested. He was very patient but he failed to properly inform me of all the details of the surgery. He does whatever he wants to do instead of actually giving the patient was she desires. Also, he only works once a week therefore scheduling appointments and surgeries with him is very inconvenient. His receptionist, however, is very kind.

Submitted April 4, 2014 | flag

I saw Dr. James earlier this year to have moles removed on my face.. I was extremely nervous and he made me feel completely at ease answered all my questions and in no way made me feel like I needed the surgery he was able to help me make an informed choice. I am very happy I chose to go through with the surgery my scars are very minimal and are fading quite fast.

Submitted Nov. 14, 2013 | flag

I initially chose Dr. James because he's one of the few cosmetic surgeons in Ottawa that does not charge for a consultation. To me this says that he is confident about his work and treats his practice like a practice instead of a lavish clinic that up-sells you on cosmetics you don't need. I'm so glad that I decided to go with Dr. James. He listened to my concerns and advised exactly the size/shape/type of prosthesis that would suit me. I was very concerned about being discreet and Dr. James understood this completely Even though there are no before/after pics on his website, he does have many and was able to show me what I might look like after the surgery. Dr. James is an excellent surgeon -- I couldn't be happier with my results.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2013 | flag

I used Dr James for a breast augmentation back in 2005. I found him to be exceptionally kind and sincere. He did exactly what I had requested and I am very happy with the results. I will be returning for a consult on a tummy lift.

Submitted July 16, 2013 | flag

Since there are few comments on this site and I have used Dr. James on 2 occasions I felt I should comment. In 1991 Dr. James performed a tummy tuck and did a beautiful job blending in the good skin with the bad. I have been extremely pleased with his work and this was the best decision I ever made. In September 2011 I returned to Dr. James for a breast reduction and once again I was not disappointed. Dr. James has a great personality and is the ultimate gentleman. Never once did I feel uncomfortable in his presence. I would highly recommend Dr. James for any reconstructive work. I also must comment that the staff at the Carleton Place hospital were great and attentive.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2012 | flag

I consulted 3 plastic surgeons for a breast lift with implants, including Dr. Silverman. I found it odd that Dr. James had no reviews on here given his experience and credentials? Despite this, I chose him to do the surgery due to his bedside manner. He told me that because of my recent separation after a long term marriage, this was the wrong time to be considering the surgery. Of the 3 surgeons, he recommended 200 saline implants which was 50 to 100 less than the other 2. I had the surgery 3 weeks ago and there is no question anything more than 200 would have been too big. He listened to my concerns and produced exactly what I wanted. The scars are amazing - extremely thin lines and already fading. Somehow he managed to avoid any bottom anchor scars, something the other 2 surgeons assured me I would need. Dr. James is a highly skilled surgeon and artist :)

Submitted Oct. 3, 2012 | flag